[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How bout them Av's!

Bier Meister

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why they play 7 games and not one. Besides, the Avs are dead f'n tired after the great Kings series. A few days of rest after tonights game will be just what the doctor prescribed. I'm no Avs fan, but think they are a better team, which will work it's way out in a long series.

On the other hand, I'd like nothing more to read Az's beyatching after the Avs lose. wink

Bier Meister:

I will say- hellava save by roy on harvey.

Hey, I'm not making anything of anything yet, as it's early, but Nabakov just made a nice save on a Hejduk-Sakic 2-1. The only way the Sharks have a prayer is if Nabakov stands on his head, and even then I don't think they can match Colorado.

HUGH ONE:

the Avs are dead f'n tired after the great Kings series.

I didn't expect to hear that tonight wink

The Sharks have a lot more depth than LA. Yes they have a good goalie too, but have- what- 6 20 goal scorers, and can play physical hockey (something a little different than previous Shark teams). I know how things can change in a series, but I don't think the av's will take em.

Foosball God:

I wouldn't have pulled out the Avs are tired excuse until at least the 2nd period Hugh   wink

As a non-biased (i.e neither Wings or 'Lanche fan) I'm just calling it as I see it. I hope the Sharks win, but am not getting my panties in a bunch just yet.

BTW, the 2nd period is about to start. wink

Bier Meister:

HUGH ONE:

the Avs are dead f'n tired after the great Kings series.

I didn't expect to hear that tonight wink

Yes they have a good goalie too but I don't think the av's will take em.

I'll take Povin over Nabakov any day, and I'll take that bet if you care to indulge me.

My virgin (never lost a sig line bet yet) sig line awaits.............

Bier Meister:

I was refering to roy vs nabokov.  I have always like both roy and potvin.  Right now, at the stages in their careers, I still take the younin'.  I'd be willing to bet something.

Sig line bet on the series, you determine the time and the technicalities.

Bier Meister:

I though you were talking about something like next years stats for nabokova vs. potvin.  I'd be happy to take a sig bet on sj vs. av's.

OK, whatever you would like. Let's start with a sig line bet on the Avs-Sharks series. Just tell me how you would like it, and we'll go from there. I'll take the Avs, you tell me how you want the details.

I say something simple. What? a month? the rest of the summer? for the loser to "wear" a sig?

We can do a new one at the start of next season for who will do better nabokov vs. potvin.

How does that sound to hough? anything different or other suggestions?

OK, let's start with 1 month on the Avs-Sharks series (seems like you're up 1-0 so that should even things out), winner get's loser's sig line for a month. Regarding the Nabakov-Potvin thing, we can do that later. How would you want to do that? Wins, GAA? Let me know, or we can just keep it at a simple Avs-Sharks bet. Up to you. Good luck.

HUGH ONE:

Hmmmm. 3-1.

Yeah- with a good team (which the av's are) if you give em enough chances, it's bound to happen.

We can worry about the mext bet next season, but something allong the lines of goals against, save %, etc.

Dam m! 3-2

Bier Meister:

HUGH ONE:

Hmmmm. 3-1.

Yeah- with a good team (which the av's are) if you give em enough chances, it's bound to happen.

We can worry about the mext bet next season, but something allong the lines of goals against, save %, etc.

Dam m! 3-2

So we're on for a series winner sig line bet. Agreed?

We'll worry about the next bet later, obviously before the start of next season.

I'm not concerned yet- with no Blake, Roy taking the night off, and the short break between series. If we lose game 2, a few alarms will go off. GB the extended break till game 2. This won't be a series where home-ice means much- at least not in the first 6 games. The Sharks defintely looked a lot hungrier in game 1.