[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks the meeting didn't go very well...

In a telling interview with ESPN, Brett Favre seems to have accepted the fact that "best thing for this team is for us to part ways."

"We're at a stalemate," Favre told ESPN's Chris Mortensen sometime on Tuesday. Favre is believed to be talking with McCarthy right now. "Mike and I both agreed last night that me being out there is a distraction and will continue to be a distraction. We all know the reason I'm here is because the commissioner [Roger Goodell] reinstated me so we have a lot of things to figure out. It's simple and complicated, both at the same time."

Favre's take on the thought that he and Aaron Rodgers would compete in training camp for the starting job:

"Mike told me, hey, we're a better team with you on it but wanted to know if I have a problem with an open competition," Favre said. "I don't have a problem with competing -- you know that, but Aaron should be the starter right now because he's been out here all this time. This is more than about an open competition and I can do that, absolutely, but this is going to be mass confusion and that's not good for this team.

"I'll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be, but this probably isn't going to work. And I truly understand that if I was in Mike's shoes, I'd see it basically the same way he sees it, I'm sure. And I think if he was in my shoes, he'd see it my way. I think we both agree on that.

"They want to know if I'm committed but I want to know if they're 100 percent committed. The problem is that there's been a lot of damage done and I can't forget it. Stuff has been said, stories planted, that just aren't true. Can I get over all that? I doubt it."

ESPN also pressed Favre on what stories have been "planted," and it wrote:

Favre alluded to the reports that said he waffled on un-retiring in late March or early April. He said that's "just not the way it went down, at all."

He also expressed anger with the stories that alleged he had a team-issued cell phone that showed the Vikings were tampering with him.

"Again, that was bull on both parts," he said.

"Then," Favre said, "they tried to buy me off to stay retired." This is in reference to the Packers $20 million marketing deal they proposed in the offseason but discussed again last Wednesday.

He added, "So they can say they welcome me back but, come on, the way they've treated me tells you the truth. They don't want me back, so let's move on. I don't know where it's headed. We'll see."

One source close to Favre said today that Favre sensed something wasn't quite right when he came to the Family Night scrimmage Sunday night and the the team didn't want him near the locker room or on the field, when Favre wanted to say hi to teammates like Donald Driver.

Edited by budlitebrad

He added, "So they can say they welcome me back but, come on, the way they've treated me tells you the truth. They don't want me back, so let's move on. I don't know where it's headed. We'll see."

Okay, since Favre is so big on the truth, let's see how it works going the other way: Let's all be completely candid and have Brett admit that he wants to play for MIN and only MIN and has done everything in his power to make that happen regardless of how it affected GB.

I'd imagine talks with Tampa will heat up,at least on GB's behalf. Whether or not Favre goes there, will remain to be seen. He's got his connection with Gruden and I'd imagine Favre is familiar with some of the playbook and terminology. At least GB could avoid the circus of Favre in Lambeau wearing different colors, but week 4 would be interesting. Maybe Favre,Gruden, and Allen are using Minny as a smoke screen to drive the price down for TB :wacko:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

ESPN makes me sick. They are cherry picking Rodgers limited stats to find the worst ones they can find. They said his long passes give him a 34 passer rating.

These people certainly aren't unbiased and aren't reporters. :wacko:

How about reporting he almost won the Dallas game after Favre tried giving it away?

So, I guess Favre won't be showing up for practice today. I think that if he really wants to force the Packers to release him, then he is going to have to show up for practice and disrupt the team. He might look like an ass for doing it, but that's his strongest hand right now if he really wants his release.

I think that if he really wants to force the Packers to release him, then he is going to have to show up for practice and disrupt the team. He might look like an ass for doing it, but that's his strongest hand right now if he really wants his release.

They could always ban him from the facilities. It's happened to one of Bus Cook's clients before and I doubt the Packers want to be on the hook for his salary if he gets injured.

Edited by budlitebrad

Maybe Favre,Gruden, and Allen are using Minny as a smoke screen to drive the price down for TB :wacko:

Now, as a wine sipping homo, I pretty much just understand how this relates to handbags and Italian shoes, but I've never been of the opinion that pretending there was another buyer actually drove the price down on something.

meh....now Mort says that Favre has agreed to meet with TBay this evening...

Maybe TT told him there's no way he's going to Minnesota.

Scheffter reported he's talked to both sides and both have completely different versions of what's been said. Open competition, no open competition. That's bad.

Now, as a wine sipping homo, I pretty much just understand how this relates to handbags and Italian shoes, but I've never been of the opinion that pretending there was another buyer actually drove the price down on something.

:wacko:

Well played, sir!

This says Favre to Tampa is a done deal:

http://savebrett.net/home/brett-favre-trad...-tampa-bay.html

The news media will soon be reporting that Brett Favre has been traded to Tampa Bay according to an exclusive SaveBrett.net source close to Favre.

Sounds reliable. :wacko:

The news media will soon be reporting that Brett Favre has been traded to Tampa Bay according to an exclusive SaveBrett.net source close to Favre.

Sounds reliable. :wacko:

True, but how reliable have Schefter, Glazer, Mortensen, Clayton, et. all been in reporting on this story?

Journal Sential has more:

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/...sibilities.aspx

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Favre was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list

Update as of 4:35 p.m.: The Packers have put Favre on the reserve/non-football injury list according to a source who viewed the NFL transaction wire today. That means he is not on the Packers active roster. It is basically a reserve list that allows the Packers to keep Favre around without having him practice.

Sounds reliable. :D

Well they do have their own

:wacko: