Hat Trick

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hello ratings in Week 4.

Hello Joey Galloway moving from Tier 3 to low tier 2...

ESPN just went to Mort on the phone and he said he had to call them back as he believed something was about to happen...give him a few mins and he may have some news... :wacko:

meh....now Mort says that Favre has agreed to meet with TBay this evening...

Maybe Favre,Gruden, and Allen are using Minny as a smoke screen to drive the price down for TB :wacko:

Now, as a wine sipping homo, I pretty much just understand how this relates to handbags and Italian shoes, but I've never been of the opinion that pretending there was another buyer actually drove the price down on something.

Maybe TT told him there's no way he's going to Minnesota.

Scheffter reported he's talked to both sides and both have completely different versions of what's been said. Open competition, no open competition. That's bad.

TB seems like a fair compromise for everyone. Except for jeff garcia, i suppose

Now, as a wine sipping homo, I pretty much just understand how this relates to handbags and Italian shoes, but I've never been of the opinion that pretending there was another buyer actually drove the price down on something.

:wacko:

Well played, sir!

This says Favre to Tampa is a done deal:

http://savebrett.net/home/brett-favre-trad...-tampa-bay.html

The news media will soon be reporting that Brett Favre has been traded to Tampa Bay according to an exclusive SaveBrett.net source close to Favre.

Sounds reliable. :wacko:

The news media will soon be reporting that Brett Favre has been traded to Tampa Bay according to an exclusive SaveBrett.net source close to Favre.

Sounds reliable. :wacko:

True, but how reliable have Schefter, Glazer, Mortensen, Clayton, et. all been in reporting on this story?

Journal Sential has more:

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/...sibilities.aspx

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Favre was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list

Update as of 4:35 p.m.: The Packers have put Favre on the reserve/non-football injury list according to a source who viewed the NFL transaction wire today. That means he is not on the Packers active roster. It is basically a reserve list that allows the Packers to keep Favre around without having him practice.

True, but how reliable have Schefter, Glazer, Mortensen, Clayton, et. all been in reporting on this story?

Excellent point. :wacko:

Sounds reliable. :D

Well they do have their own

McCarthy looks like he wants to be done with this. "He says he's not in the right mindset to be here."

McCarthy is being extremely diplomatic & extremely gracious to Favre. Very well chosen and carefully placed words. Very much the high road.

McCarthy is being extremely diplomatic & extremely gracious to Favre. Very well chosen and carefully placed words. Very much the high road.

Agreed.

Hiring Ari Fleischer is already paying off. :wacko:

I'll take Jovan Haye for Favre and then Garcia can go to the Vikings.

BTW - not one word of a trade whatsoever - not even any allusion to one. McCarthy did discuss that Favre was diagnosed with an abdominal strain and that her would have gone to treatment today if he had shown up for practice and would have been considered day-to-day. That would explain the non-football injury listing.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Guess who else is tired of Favre?

August 5th, 2008 – 5:15 PM by Judd Zulgad MANKATO — Coach Brad Childress wasn’t too interested in talking about Brett Favre following the Vikings’ afternoon practice. Asked about a possible Favre update, Childress said: “I haven’t had time for … I’ve got time for these guys here.”

Childress said he would talk to reporters about “the Minnesota Vikings” before looking at a reporter wearing a Chicago Cubs cap, and adding “or the Cubs.” Childress is from Aurora, Ill.

The hot rumor on Favre this hour, and it likely will change by the time I’m done writing this paragraph, is that he could be headed to Tampa Bay.

The Vikings practiced in shorts and shoulder pads for an hour this afternoon, conducting what is called a 10-10-10 practice. That is a reference to the minutes spent going through various drills. One of the segments was reserved for working on onside kicks, an area where Ryan Longwell seems to thrive.

Brett Favre just farted right now. Mort reported that it stunk. Madden said it tasted like Brett's nuts.

Edited by Chief Dick

Brett Favre just farted right now. Mort reported that it stunk. Madden said it tasted like Brett's nuts.

Methinks the meeting didn't go very well...

When a 38-year-old needs to be told that the world doesn't revolve around him, I imagine that he throws one hell of a temper tantrum in response.

TC report from today's practice:

* In team (11-on-11) drills, Aaron Rodgers finished 11-for-19 with two interceptions, plus another interception in 7-on-7. His mistakes were greeted by cheers from a relatively small, but vocal group of fans who also were leading the "Bring back Favre" cheers. Rodgers' good plays also were cheered, and he had his share -- including a fade to James Jones that Jones made a great play to pull in and bullet through a small hole to Greg Jennings. Both catches were in the end zone.

Seriously? :wacko:

“I think it should end today,” veteran cornerback Charles Woodson said. “We should be talking about the team; instead, we’ve talked about one guy for the last five minutes. This is a situation unique to itself, and it has become its own monster.

“You’ve got fans out there yelling ‘we want Brett,’ yelling A-Rod this and A-Rod that, Ted Thompson this and Ted that. That’s not looking at the grand scheme of things. It’s not helpful at all. You’ve got fans that are die-hard Brett fans, and they’ve put that above the team.”

Edited by budlitebrad

Well allow me to enlighten your stupid a$$. If favre insists on going to Minny or Chicago for that matter, the geniuses in the GB front office will continue to put up road blocks(based on their desire to have Favre somewhere other that the NFC North and probably as a little payback for making life difficult over thepast month or so) to that happening. I'd imagine if GB was going to consider a trade inthe NFC North, they'd be looking for maximum compensation (obviosly for their own good and to the detriment of a rival). Enter Tampa and Bruce Allen, who could offer less because GB would be much happier to send Favre there (as they've already demonstrated by contacting Tampa along with the Jets) So to put interms that detlef and DD(aka bronco Billy) can understand. Favre says he wants to go to Minny, GB doesn't want him to there so the price will be high, GB doesn't seem to have a problem shipping him to Tampa so maybe they take less to end this fiasco. :wacko: get it d-bag. And by the way, I'm planning abrunch with lobster bisque and cucumber sandwiches..... http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken