[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW - not one word of a trade whatsoever - not even any allusion to one. McCarthy did discuss that Favre was diagnosed with an abdominal strain and that her would have gone to treatment today if he had shown up for practice and would have been considered day-to-day. That would explain the non-football injury listing.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Guess who else is tired of Favre?

August 5th, 2008 – 5:15 PM by Judd Zulgad MANKATO — Coach Brad Childress wasn’t too interested in talking about Brett Favre following the Vikings’ afternoon practice. Asked about a possible Favre update, Childress said: “I haven’t had time for … I’ve got time for these guys here.”

Childress said he would talk to reporters about “the Minnesota Vikings” before looking at a reporter wearing a Chicago Cubs cap, and adding “or the Cubs.” Childress is from Aurora, Ill.

The hot rumor on Favre this hour, and it likely will change by the time I’m done writing this paragraph, is that he could be headed to Tampa Bay.

The Vikings practiced in shorts and shoulder pads for an hour this afternoon, conducting what is called a 10-10-10 practice. That is a reference to the minutes spent going through various drills. One of the segments was reserved for working on onside kicks, an area where Ryan Longwell seems to thrive.

TC report from today's practice:

* In team (11-on-11) drills, Aaron Rodgers finished 11-for-19 with two interceptions, plus another interception in 7-on-7. His mistakes were greeted by cheers from a relatively small, but vocal group of fans who also were leading the "Bring back Favre" cheers. Rodgers' good plays also were cheered, and he had his share -- including a fade to James Jones that Jones made a great play to pull in and bullet through a small hole to Greg Jennings. Both catches were in the end zone.

Seriously? :wacko:

“I think it should end today,” veteran cornerback Charles Woodson said. “We should be talking about the team; instead, we’ve talked about one guy for the last five minutes. This is a situation unique to itself, and it has become its own monster.

“You’ve got fans out there yelling ‘we want Brett,’ yelling A-Rod this and A-Rod that, Ted Thompson this and Ted that. That’s not looking at the grand scheme of things. It’s not helpful at all. You’ve got fans that are die-hard Brett fans, and they’ve put that above the team.”

Edited by budlitebrad

Now, as a wine sipping homo, I pretty much just understand how this relates to handbags and Italian shoes, but I've never been of the opinion that pretending there was another buyer actually drove the price down on something.

Well allow me to enlighten your stupid a$$. If favre insists on going to Minny or Chicago for that matter, the geniuses in the GB front office will continue to put up road blocks(based on their desire to have Favre somewhere other that the NFC North and probably as a little payback for making life difficult over thepast month or so) to that happening. I'd imagine if GB was going to consider a trade inthe NFC North, they'd be looking for maximum compensation (obviosly for their own good and to the detriment of a rival). Enter Tampa and Bruce Allen, who could offer less because GB would be much happier to send Favre there (as they've already demonstrated by contacting Tampa along with the Jets) So to put interms that detlef and DD(aka bronco Billy) can understand. Favre says he wants to go to Minny, GB doesn't want him to there so the price will be high, GB doesn't seem to have a problem shipping him to Tampa so maybe they take less to end this fiasco. :wacko: get it d-bag. And by the way, I'm planning abrunch with lobster bisque and cucumber sandwiches..... http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Still no word on a trade. Yet another nice job of "reporting" by NFL "insiders".

I have heard that TB is either offering a 2009 3rd round pick straight up or Chris Simms and a 2009 2nd round pick for Favre. If I were GB, I'd go with the former offer and save the cost of laundry to wash Simms' uniform a couple of times every year.

If GB thinks Rogers is better than Favre, then why are they worried about where he plays? Then answer is they do not believ Rogers is better, but just want the situation to be over with. Well, if that is so, then why don't they trade him quickly. Either way, GB looks hippocritical.

If GB thinks Rogers is better than Favre, then why are they worried about where he plays? Then answer is they do not believ Rogers is better, but just want the situation to be over with. Well, if that is so, then why don't they trade him quickly. Either way, GB looks hippocritical.

Okay, genius, I probably shouldn't, but I just have to ask. If GB is as sure that Favre is so much better than Rodgers as you are, then why in the Seven Hells wouldn't they have just avoided this whole dust up right from the onset and welcomed Favre back with open arms and a parade?

If the NFL folded after this season Favre would be the better QB but the team brass is planning for the future. I know that's hard for some to comprehend(It had been said here many times) but is how this team is run. No one person, not even Brett, are more important than the future of the franchise.

Why would GB care if a local hero is traded where he can wreck revenge on his former team twice a year? Are you serious? Just the thought of him coming out in the hated purple makes locals cringe. In Green Bay the team, the city and the people are bonded. It's different than other NFL cities.

Well allow me to enlighten your stupid a$$. If favre insists on going to Minny or Chicago for that matter, the geniuses in the GB front office will continue to put up road blocks(based on their desire to have Favre somewhere other that the NFC North and probably as a little payback for making life difficult over thepast month or so) to that happening. I'd imagine if GB was going to consider a trade inthe NFC North, they'd be looking for maximum compensation (obviosly for their own good and to the detriment of a rival). Enter Tampa and Bruce Allen, who could offer less because GB would be much happier to send Favre there (as they've already demonstrated by contacting Tampa along with the Jets) So to put interms that detlef and DD(aka bronco Billy) can understand. Favre says he wants to go to Minny, GB doesn't want him to there so the price will be high, GB doesn't seem to have a problem shipping him to Tampa so maybe they take less to end this fiasco. :wacko: get it d-bag. And by the way, I'm planning abrunch with lobster bisque and cucumber sandwiches..... http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

You've got a lot of hate in your life. You need to chill out a bit.