[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

As I said yesterday at least two hours before Ed Werder broke the story that talks were heating up. :wacko:

Yeah, and you said the following 7 days ago:

Pay attention BB over the next couple of days when Roger Goodell (who probably knows a wee bit more than you about the NFL) forces the Packers to release or trade Favre. As I said, the man has a right to work :D:D

When does Goodell step in and force the Packers' hand, as you stated would happen 5 days ago at the latest?

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before getting knocked out of the Dallas game, Brett was 5/14 with two picks. Rodgers stepped in and went 18/26 for 201 yds, 1 TD, and zero turnovers. I won't say that Rodgers is on the same level as Brett because I don't think that's true, but the Dallas game shows why TT isn't allowing Brett to hold his organization hostage anymore.

It would be interesting to see free-spirited, gunslinger Brett playing under angry, control-freak Jon Gruden. The offense may be a great match, but I'm not so sure about the personalities.

I think that INT with GB on the doorstep of the SB really sealed Favre's fate. It was a very poorly thrown ball that the WR had literally no chance to catch - and it was Brett being Brett. With the gunslingers comes the gunslinger's mentality - that he can force action with his arm that other experienced QBs wouldn't try.

I think that INT with GB on the doorstep of the SB really sealed Favre's fate. It was a very poorly thrown ball that the WR had literally no chance to catch - and it was Brett being Brett. With the gunslingers comes the gunslinger's mentality - that he can force action with his arm that other experienced QBs wouldn't try.

Was that one of the worst passes of all time? probably. Did that one pass 'seal his fate'? Not a chance.

Was that one of the worst passes of all time? probably. Did that one pass 'seal his fate'? Not a chance.

So you are saying that GB decided he was history for the following season before the championship game and would have followed through regardless of the outcome & potentially a SB appearance, and possibly even a SB win?

I agree that has a big part of it as well. Brett throwing an INT while the Rams or Vikings were slicing up the Packers D earlier in this decade was understandable. But you absolutely cannot play that way in a tight game - especially a CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP game - with a stud defense at your disposal.

And the revelation that Brett's really just all about Brett is sad, as he was one of my favorite players for a long time. Not only has it been reflected in the recent events and the way that he reacted to GB signing Rodgers, but one can argue that it's part of his "gunslinger" mentality as well.

But didn't GB leave his retirement up to Brett, even asking a month later if he was sure?

Between the DAL game and the INT vs NY, I think there weren't too many tears shed by GB management when he decided to retire. It could also be the reason why GB has taken such a hard line with him - they were 100% sold on moving on and going with Rodgers when Favre crossed them up with his "unretirement" and then subsequently trying to bully GB through the press to get everything to swing in his favor.

So you are saying that GB decided he was history for the following season before the championship game and would have followed through regardless of the outcome & potentially a SB appearance, and possibly even a SB win?

I think that GB decided that they had enough of the "Will I retire or won't I retire" saga. When he retired and they made their plans for life without Brett, the Packers intended on keeping to their plans (as well they should have) even after he decided to come back.

The INT could not have helped; let's face it -- if GB beats the Giants and even just makes it into the Super Bowl, Favre is the man under center this year, even if it all played out just as it has thus far.

I think that GB decided that they had enough of the "Will I retire or won't I retire" saga. When he retired and they made their plans for life without Brett, the Packers intended on keeping to their plans (as well they should have) even after he decided to come back.

The INT could not have helped; let's face it -- if GB beats the Giants and even just makes it into the Super Bowl, Favre is the man under center this year, even if it all played out just as it has thus far.

Exactly.

Yep, I just bumped him up my board, but I'm debating how high. Prior to all this, I had him in the grab bag around #30. Just trying to decide if he goes top 20. Dude just keeps on going year after year as it is and he's just the type that would seem to do well with Favre at QB.

Farve should obviously not hurt Galloway's value, but I'm questioning how much he should really be bumped up. There was already a pretty good repertoire between Garcia and Galloway and you ought to consider how much upside any 80 year old WR can realistically have even if Montana came back in his prime. Farve has made a habit of making names out of young 'unknown' WRs. I see bigger potential bump for whoever the heck wins the #2/3 WR position.

Farve should obviously not hurt Galloway's value, but I'm questioning how much he should really be bumped up. There was already a pretty good repertoire between Garcia and Galloway and you ought to consider how much upside any 80 year old WR can realistically have even if Montana came back in his prime. Farve has made a habit of making names out of young 'unknown' WRs. I see bigger potential bump for whoever the heck wins the #2/3 WR position.

Good points to be sure.

A gunslinger will always help a WR...IMO.

I know Galloway is up there in age but he is still very productive WR 2-3 material.

Ira Kaufman from the Tampa Tribune said on WFAN's Mike and the Mad Dog radio program that Brett Favre will be a Buccaneer by tomorrow at the latest. Sorry if this was already posted here.

A gunslinger will always help a WR...IMO.

I know Galloway is up there in age but he is still very productive WR 2-3 material.

Gunslingers in general will help WR numbers. But guys who focus in on throwing to one WR help always help the primary WR's numbers. Guys like Garcia and especially Delhomme seem to do this, while Favre spreads the love around and has seemingly gone through about 3 primary WR's (Driver, Walker, Jennings) in the last several seasons.

Driver's value took a considerable hit last year when Favre was slinging it all over the place. Favre threw for more yards and 10 more TDs than the year before while Driver hauled in less catches, yards, and 6 less TDs relative to the previous year.

Edited by bushwacked

See?!

This isn't the first time that's happened.

Do y'all think I'm an alias of "Irish"? Or is this some kind of joke that is regularly played on noobs? I'm starting to question my own existence.

I don't think you're an Irish alias I know you are. It's very obvious but it's all good.

I didn't read that Goodell forced this trade.

Not only that, but for all the talk about Favre backing these guys down and how much justice will be served and GB will pay for their sins... If the TB trade works out, they're golden. If he stayed retired, they get nothing. If they talked him into going back to being retired, they're out $20 mil. Now, it appears that he's going out of division to be a minor upgrade at QB for a team that limped into the play-offs last year so hardly seems like they're one Brett Favre away from punching their ticket to the SB, plus they get whatever TB is going to send them in a trade.

Likely won't be much, but it's better than nothing and it's better than -$20 mil.

Yep, sure looks like Favre really got over on GB :wacko:

Well I'd say atrade is imminent you dope :D:D:wacko:

You're the one crowing about your prescient powers, McCrackHo.

Where do you see Goodell forcing GB's hand by requiring action other than that prescribed by the CBA? That was your prediction, after all, and you predicted it would happen almost a week ago.