[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This from SI.com...and as Jets fan, if there is ANY truth to this, I will not be a happy camper...

6:58 p.m.

From SI.com's Peter King

Here's what I'm hearing about the potential Favre deal tonight:

• I want to stress that I wouldn't bet my mortgage on this but it is what I've heard reliably. I hear the Jets are offering a solid third-round draft choice that could rise to a first-round draft choice depending on the team's performance and how well Favre plays.

• I'm told the Bucs positively would not make an offer that lofty. The Packers have suggested a couple of different scenarios involving draft choices with Tampa Bay but I hear that the Packers are not close to doing anything tonight.

Not only that, but for all the talk about Favre backing these guys down and how much justice will be served and GB will pay for their sins... If the TB trade works out, they're golden. If he stayed retired, they get nothing. If they talked him into going back to being retired, they're out $20 mil. Now, it appears that he's going out of division to be a minor upgrade at QB for a team that limped into the play-offs last year so hardly seems like they're one Brett Favre away from punching their ticket to the SB, plus they get whatever TB is going to send them in a trade.

Likely won't be much, but it's better than nothing and it's better than -$20 mil.

Yep, sure looks like Favre really got over on GB :wacko:

The question was never whether Favre would "get over on GB". The issue was whether or not he should be able to play. You're a dope and a nancy boy :D:Dhttp://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

you f'n fancy boy

:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

The question was never whether Favre would "get over on GB". The issue was whether or not he should be able to play. You're a dope and a nancy boy :wacko::Dhttp://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

you f'n fancy boy

:D:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wow dude. I can understand why you think that everyone is arguing with only you. I mean, I'd imagine the fact that you get smacked down for everything you say would give you that impression.

Just pretend for a second that you're not the only person who was taking Favre's side in this. Just pretend that people outside the Huddle are talking about this as well. Now, you might recall that many were saying that GB was "over a barrel" on this. They were in a a "no-win" situation. That Brett had called their bluff and now held all the cards. That he was going to force their hand.

Are you seriously implying that you haven't heard people mention this? I suppose you can pretend you didn't. Just like you and your mom used to pretend that the short bus was for all the really smart kids.

This from SI.com...and as Jets fan, if there is ANY truth to this, I will not be a happy camper...

6:58 p.m.

From SI.com's Peter King

Here's what I'm hearing about the potential Favre deal tonight:

• I want to stress that I wouldn't bet my mortgage on this but it is what I've heard reliably. I hear the Jets are offering a solid third-round draft choice that could rise to a first-round draft choice depending on the team's performance and how well Favre plays.

Fingers crossed

I think that INT with GB on the doorstep of the SB really sealed Favre's fate. It was a very poorly thrown ball that the WR had literally no chance to catch - and it was Brett being Brett.

That pass was less a decision-making failure than a failure of execution - a properly thrown ball would've been either a Driver catch or incomplete.

:wacko: <<<<<<<<<<<<< Favre currently towards GB.

:D <<<<<<<<<<<<<Favre at the end of this year.

:D <<<<<<<<<<<<<Favre Next year

:D <<<<<<<<<<Favre for the next 5 years after that.

:D <<<<<<<<<<<<< Me during this whole process....and towards the 33 pages of useless posts I have not wasted my time reading.

carry on

• 1 month later...

So, every time someone posts and opinion and is wrong Bernie's going to bump that post back to the top? If Bernie is wrong will he bump his own posts, or is Bernie never wrong? Or does Bernie just post mis-leading titles but never actually gives an opinion. Just wondering. :wacko:

So, every time someone posts and opinion and is wrong Bernie's going to bump that post back to the top? If Bernie is wrong will he bump his own posts, or is Bernie never wrong? Or does Bernie just post mis-leading titles but never actually gives an opinion. Just wondering. :wacko:

The thing is, I dont think BEM was wright. The Pack had every right to hold on to him and let him rot. They chose to trade him. I thought this whole thing was about how if GB didnt trade him or play him they were infringing on his rights. Of course, I quit reading his garbage after a few pages.

The thing is, I dont think BEM was wright. The Pack had every right to hold on to him and let him rot. They chose to trade him. I thought this whole thing was about how if GB didnt trade him or play him they were infringing on his rights. Of course, I quit reading his garbage after a few pages.

If I wasn't "wright" I guess I was rong