Hat Trick

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Farve should obviously not hurt Galloway's value, but I'm questioning how much he should really be bumped up. There was already a pretty good repertoire between Garcia and Galloway and you ought to consider how much upside any 80 year old WR can realistically have even if Montana came back in his prime. Farve has made a habit of making names out of young 'unknown' WRs. I see bigger potential bump for whoever the heck wins the #2/3 WR position.

Good points to be sure.

Farve should obviously not hurt Galloway's value, but I'm questioning how much he should really be bumped up. There was already a pretty good repertoire between Garcia and Galloway and you ought to consider how much upside any 80 year old WR can realistically have even if Montana came back in his prime. Farve has made a habit of making names out of young 'unknown' WRs. I see bigger potential bump for whoever the heck wins the #2/3 WR position.

A gunslinger will always help a WR...IMO.

I know Galloway is up there in age but he is still very productive WR 2-3 material.

Somebody with Favre's arm would certainly open up the middle of the field, which would benefit possession receivers and TEs.

Ira Kaufman from the Tampa Tribune said on WFAN's Mike and the Mad Dog radio program that Brett Favre will be a Buccaneer by tomorrow at the latest. Sorry if this was already posted here.

I know Galloway is up there in age but he is still very productive WR 2-3 material.

Gunslingers in general will help WR numbers. But guys who focus in on throwing to one WR help always help the primary WR's numbers. Guys like Garcia and especially Delhomme seem to do this, while Favre spreads the love around and has seemingly gone through about 3 primary WR's (Driver, Walker, Jennings) in the last several seasons.

Driver's value took a considerable hit last year when Favre was slinging it all over the place. Favre threw for more yards and 10 more TDs than the year before while Driver hauled in less catches, yards, and 6 less TDs relative to the previous year.

Edited by bushwacked

Yeah, and you said the following 7 days ago:

When does Goodell step in and force the Packers' hand, as you stated would happen 5 days ago at the latest?

Well I'd say atrade is imminent you dope :D:D:wacko:

Ira Kaufman from the Tampa Tribune said on WFAN's Mike and the Mad Dog radio program that Brett Favre will be a Buccaneer by tomorrow at the latest. Sorry if this was already posted here.

Thanks LordOpie

Thanks LordOpie

See?!

This isn't the first time that's happened.

Do y'all think I'm an alias of "Irish"? Or is this some kind of joke that is regularly played on noobs? I'm starting to question my own existence.

See?!

This isn't the first time that's happened.

Do y'all think I'm an alias of "Irish"? Or is this some kind of joke that is regularly played on noobs? I'm starting to question my own existence.

I don't think you're an Irish alias I know you are. It's very obvious but it's all good.

I didn't read that Goodell forced this trade.

I don't think you're an Irish alias I know you are. It's very obvious but it's all good.

Ask Thews40 or CaptGrunge if I showed up for a poker game a couple weeks ago when CG was in town for business.

I didn't read that Goodell forced this trade.

Not only that, but for all the talk about Favre backing these guys down and how much justice will be served and GB will pay for their sins... If the TB trade works out, they're golden. If he stayed retired, they get nothing. If they talked him into going back to being retired, they're out $20 mil. Now, it appears that he's going out of division to be a minor upgrade at QB for a team that limped into the play-offs last year so hardly seems like they're one Brett Favre away from punching their ticket to the SB, plus they get whatever TB is going to send them in a trade.

Likely won't be much, but it's better than nothing and it's better than -$20 mil.

Yep, sure looks like Favre really got over on GB :wacko:

You're the one crowing about your prescient powers, McCrackHo.

Where do you see Goodell forcing GB's hand by requiring action other than that prescribed by the CBA? That was your prediction, after all, and you predicted it would happen almost a week ago.

Ask Thews40 or CaptGrunge if I showed up for a poker game a couple weeks ago when CG was in town for business.

and how do we know they are not irish too? :wacko:

A very existential question...

you suck.

Sal Pal said the Packers were looking for a 3rd and a player (possibly Nece) from TB. Jets offered a 4th that could become a 2nd.

Edited by budlitebrad

This from SI.com...and as Jets fan, if there is ANY truth to this, I will not be a happy camper...

6:58 p.m.

From SI.com's Peter King

Here's what I'm hearing about the potential Favre deal tonight:

• I want to stress that I wouldn't bet my mortgage on this but it is what I've heard reliably. I hear the Jets are offering a solid third-round draft choice that could rise to a first-round draft choice depending on the team's performance and how well Favre plays.

• I'm told the Bucs positively would not make an offer that lofty. The Packers have suggested a couple of different scenarios involving draft choices with Tampa Bay but I hear that the Packers are not close to doing anything tonight.

Not only that, but for all the talk about Favre backing these guys down and how much justice will be served and GB will pay for their sins... If the TB trade works out, they're golden. If he stayed retired, they get nothing. If they talked him into going back to being retired, they're out $20 mil. Now, it appears that he's going out of division to be a minor upgrade at QB for a team that limped into the play-offs last year so hardly seems like they're one Brett Favre away from punching their ticket to the SB, plus they get whatever TB is going to send them in a trade.

Likely won't be much, but it's better than nothing and it's better than -$20 mil.

Yep, sure looks like Favre really got over on GB :wacko:

The question was never whether Favre would "get over on GB". The issue was whether or not he should be able to play. You're a dope and a nancy boy :D:Dhttp://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

you f'n fancy boy

:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

The question was never whether Favre would "get over on GB". The issue was whether or not he should be able to play. You're a dope and a nancy boy :wacko::Dhttp://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

you f'n fancy boy

:D:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wow dude. I can understand why you think that everyone is arguing with only you. I mean, I'd imagine the fact that you get smacked down for everything you say would give you that impression.

Just pretend for a second that you're not the only person who was taking Favre's side in this. Just pretend that people outside the Huddle are talking about this as well. Now, you might recall that many were saying that GB was "over a barrel" on this. They were in a a "no-win" situation. That Brett had called their bluff and now held all the cards. That he was going to force their hand.

Are you seriously implying that you haven't heard people mention this? I suppose you can pretend you didn't. Just like you and your mom used to pretend that the short bus was for all the really smart kids.

This from SI.com...and as Jets fan, if there is ANY truth to this, I will not be a happy camper...

6:58 p.m.

From SI.com's Peter King

Here's what I'm hearing about the potential Favre deal tonight:

• I want to stress that I wouldn't bet my mortgage on this but it is what I've heard reliably. I hear the Jets are offering a solid third-round draft choice that could rise to a first-round draft choice depending on the team's performance and how well Favre plays.

Fingers crossed