[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are gas prices where you live?

Randall

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't bother checking anymore. I'm going to have to pay it regardless. No use getting worked up over it because whatever the price, its still cheaper than it is in Europe.

what yo mama means is it's difficult to read the gas signs through tear-filled eyes.

cheapest is about $3.60 where i live, which isn't too far from yo mama.

i dont care anymore

i have no apprehension of seeing any major reduction in gas prices for years to come

I hate exxon , OPEC and raspberries

Filled up for $3.29 yesterday. That is the lowest it has been around here for a little while. Not sure what it was today.

$3.79 for regular in South San Francisco. :wacko:

Do I get a prize?

Yes, but unfortunately the prize is a Winabago that gets 8 miles to the gallon.

:D

did you see gopher's housing thread? i think he might take the winnebago.

i dont care anymore

i have no apprehension of seeing any major reduction in gas prices for years to come

I hate exxon , OPEC and raspberries

Part of this is the dollar keeps tanking.

Part of this is the dollar keeps tanking.

This is definitely a hugh part of it. In Switzerland, gas prices have only gone up from 1.67 Swiss francs to 1.77 Swiss francs in the last seven months, but if I convert it to dollars, prices went from $1.39 per liter to $1.77 per liter over the same time period.

(It's like I'm living in my own personal Weimar Republic over here.)

Edited by wiegie

This is definitely a hugh part of it. In Switzerland, gas prices have only gone up from 1.67 Swiss francs to 1.77 Swiss francs in the last seven months, but if I convert it to dollars, prices went from $1.39 per liter to $1.77 per liter over the same time period.

(It's like I'm living in my own personal Weimar Republic over here.)

Wiegie what will happen if OPEC starts pricing crude in Euros instead of dollars?

Wiegie what will happen if OPEC starts pricing crude in Euros instead of dollars?

it shouldn't really make a difference (although I suppose if this move made the dollar even less attractive that it could cause the dollar to depreciate in value even more, pushing up the price of gas in terms of dollars--but that would be a secondary effect)

it shouldn't really make a difference (although I suppose if this move made the dollar even less attractive that it could cause the dollar to depreciate in value even more, pushing up the price of gas in terms of dollars--but that would be a secondary effect)

Since Oil is currently traded in dollars world wide....it forces banks to buy dollars and keep them on hand to process these transactions. This has kept the value of the dollar artificially higher. I have read estimates where it is like 7%...but some has said 25%...so who really knows. All I know is that I cannot wait till we get past this home mortgage deal so the Fed can start implementing a strong dollar policy....and we can start paying down our National Debt to strengthen our currency.

Since Oil is currently traded in dollars world wide....it forces banks to buy dollars and keep them on hand to process these transactions. This has kept the value of the dollar artificially higher. I have read estimates where it is like 7%...but some has said 25%...so who really knows. All I know is that I cannot wait till we get past this home mortgage deal so the Fed can start implementing a strong dollar policy....and we can start paying down our National Debt to strengthen our currency.

But a strong dollar is antithetical to exports, surely, thus the trade deficit would increase. How can we pay down the national debt without turning the trade deficit into a surplus?

44 Pesos per liter here in Manila. Curiously, that's exactly the same price it was when I got here last summer - but since the USD has depreciated ~20% against the peso since then, I guess you could say gas is up. Seems like a similar situation to yours Wiegie, which begs the question: Why are gas prices soaring in North America but seemingly pretty stable in Europe and Asia (or at least the part of Asia I'm in?)