[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are gas prices where you live?

Randall

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chappy

$3.27 for Regular here in NJ. The last time I filled up, which was just a couple days ago, it was $3.05. I brought my gas container for the lawn mower and paid $5.00 for a gallon and a half. :wacko: I remember when regular gas used to be like $.73 cents a gallon and you could fill a gas container with a dollar, maybe a buck and a half. Hell, you could practically get half a tank of gas with $5.00 back then. :D

Edited by Chappy

Funny you mention that...

I went to the grocery store yesterday, and a guy pulled in right after me on a horse. I have seen them ride them on the trail by our home, but it was the first time I saw someone running chores on their horse. He came out of the store with a couple bags, some beer and rode home. He was dressed in shorts and a tank top.

Was it a Japanese horse? Seems to me that is around...oh, 1 horsepower or so...:wacko:

I am seriously considering the purchase of a scooter... even if that means being branded with a big pink triangle... if I spend $500 and just use it to commute during the Summer, I'm guessing that I could save some serious change (assuming it lasts at least a couple of years). Dang it... why does everything that is economical have to be so incredibly ghey?!?!? :wacko:

I am seriously considering the purchase of a scooter... even if that means being branded with a big pink triangle... if I spend $500 and just use it to commute during the Summer, I'm guessing that I could save some serious change (assuming it lasts at least a couple of years). Dang it... why does everything that is economical have to be so incredibly ghey?!?!? :wacko:

Moped or scooter.

My brother has one and loves it. He has a 50cc version. The one above is 150cc.Both will get good milage.

Go get a dirt bike or something around 100-200CC's.

Motorcycle fuel economy guide.

A few years old but the Honda Rebel 250 gets 75-85 MPG according to them.

The Honda Unicorn 150 gets about 118 MPG.

Edited by Randall

It was like $3.90 a gallon for 87 octane this weekend in San Jose. Yeah inflation! Some how this is supposed to help out the "credit crunch" and subprime mortgage debacle. But with people on the edge paying more for everything, it seems to me it could push those folks up and over the edge. Wouldn't that make things even worse?

Edited by yo mama

It was like $3.90 a gallon for 87 octane this weekend in San Jose. Yeah inflation! Some how this is supposed to help out the "credit crunch" and subprime mortgage debacle. But with people on the edge paying more for everything, it seems to me it could push those folks up and over the edge. Wouldn't that make things even worse?

The credit crunch is part of the reason for the falling dollar. How will high gas prices help?

I am seriously considering the purchase of a scooter... even if that means being branded with a big pink triangle... if I spend $500 and just use it to commute during the Summer, I'm guessing that I could save some serious change (assuming it lasts at least a couple of years). Dang it... why does everything that is economical have to be so incredibly ghey?!?!? :D

No comment. :wacko: