[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Time, Any Place Dynasty/IDP 16 team draft going on now

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon Flowers is a STEAL at 45.16

Thanks guys.

I don't know that I would consider $45 a STEAL, especially for a DB, but hey at least he is under 32 :wacko: You really are surprised he was still there in 2nd? I figured he would go in the mid-late 3rd.

Yeah, there are cupcakes in both leagues...

He went 16th overall (2nd LB) in CBFL also....

I guess you know he is a cupcake while the rest of us would like to see a seaon before we start grading. I was high on Connor before the draft and while Carolina isnt the best place for him given Beason, I still think he can win a starting role at outside.

Edited by MrTed46

He went 16th overall (2nd LB) in CBFL also....

I guess you know he is a cupcake while the rest of us would like to see a seaon before we start grading. I was high on Connor before the draft and while Carolina isnt the best place for him given Beason, I still think he can win a starting role at outside.

In a Huddle mock he went at 1.15. I thought he would play inside and Beason would be WLB again. That's where they originally drafted him because they were still starting Morgan.

Connor's value is all over the place. Some people like him and some hate him.

Round 3 Rookie Draft

46.01 721. Phoenix Force Johnson, Josh TBB QB ® Mon Jul 7 12:37:38 p.m. ET 2008

46.02 722. New York Chowder Manningham, Mario NYG WR ® Mon Jul 7 1:42:09 p.m. ET 2008 I think he can be #2 WR there.

46.03 723. Winnebago Derby Domes Slaton, Steve HOU RB ® Mon Jul 7 1:42:09 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

46.04 724. Sun City Little Blue Pills Royal, Eddie DEN WR ® Mon Jul 7 1:42:09 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

46.05 725. Masked Burglars of Uranus Bell, Beau CLE LB ® Mon Jul 7 1:42:09 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

46.06 726. New York Chowder Booty, John David MIN QB ® Mon Jul 7 1:43:33 p.m. ET 2008

46.07 727. NY/NJ MetroStars Jackson, DeSean PHI WR ® Mon Jul 7 3:37:59 p.m. ET 2008

46.08 728. Hangtown Heroes Charles, Jamaal KCC RB ® Mon Jul 7 3:37:59 p.m. ET 2008

46.09 729. Brooklyn Ball Busters Gholston, Vernon NYJ DE ® Mon Jul 7 4:22:08 p.m. ET 2008

46.10 730. Should've had the vasectomy sooner Hightower, Tim ARI RB ® Mon Jul 7 5:00:26 p.m. ET 2008

46.11 731. I.D.P Freeley in New Jersey Harvey, Derrick JAC DE ® Mon Jul 7 5:00:26 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

46.12 732. Lake Superior Ojibwa Simpson, Jerome CIN WR ® Mon Jul 7 5:13:23 p.m. ET 2008

46.13 733. Lake Superior Ojibwa Larsen, Spencer DEN LB ® The Denver MLB is very valuable. I don't believe Niko is the answer. Larsen may not be either but I have to roll the dice here.

ROSTERS

Edited by Randall

In a Huddle mock he went at 1.15. I thought he would play inside and Beason would be WLB again. That's where they originally drafted him because they were still starting Morgan.

Connor's value is all over the place. Some people like him and some hate him.

Granted it's a completely different scoring system and setup, but I got him at 3.04 in AFL, which is a 12-team IDP dynasty. He was the 5th LB taken. I think I got pretty good value for him there, especially since I had already landed Lofton with the 2.05.

Connor's an aggressive and natural tackler, but is not great at shedding one-on-one blocks. With a pure stud in Beason already delivering huge hits and racking up monster tackle totals, Connor may have difficulty putting up big fantasy numbers. Still, he's a great prospect and could become a nice LB2 in a few years.

I don't know that I would consider $45 a STEAL, especially for a DB, but hey at least he is under 32 :D You really are surprised he was still there in 2nd? I figured he would go in the mid-late 3rd.

As Darin stated he got him in the 3rd, thats not a steal, thats Grand Larceny. Projections for Flowers are top #10 CB #'s. So the 32nd overall rookie pick? Yeah I consider that a great value....I can't wait to see how much some of the FA's will be going for during bidding. I guess I'll be more able to justify the $45 then. But yeah..Flowers is one of my favorite rookies of the draft and very happy to land him where I did.

And not ALL my guys are lining up for disabled parking passes. :wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

As Darin stated he got him in the 3rd, thats not a steal, thats Grand Larceny. Projections for Flowers are top #10 CB #'s. So the 32nd overall rookie pick? Yeah I consider that a great value....I can't wait to see how much some of the FA's will be going for during bidding. I guess I'll be more able to justify the $45 then. But yeah..Flowers is one of my favorite rookies of the draft and very happy to land him where I did.

If FA / RFA DB's are going to go for more than $45 than we will need to up our yearly cash flow from $100 to $500. Of course if you keep spending like Al Davis I guess anything is possible :D

If FA / RFA DB's are going to go for more than $45 than we will need to up our yearly cash flow from $100 to $500. Of course if you keep spending like Al Davis I guess anything is possible :wacko:

In taznib's defense, he said the 45.16. As in round 45, pick 16. And with the way these leagues are set up, that means it's rookie pick 2.16.

Not $45.

In taznib's defense, he said the 45.16. As in round 45, pick 16. And with the way these leagues are set up, that means it's rookie pick 2.16.

Not $45.

Before you back me up you should know that I SPENT $45 to move back into the 2nd round lol. Alittle pricey? Perhaps but like I've been saying, Flowers is one of my favorite IDP rookies this year and an immediate starter....so the $45 doesn't really bother me too much at all.

Not $45.

I sold the pick for $45.

Not $45.

Considering that I am in this league I am well aware of what the 45.16 relates to :wacko: I am just ribbing him for spending $45 for the 2.16 which in turn equates to Flowers.

Before you back me up you should know that I SPENT $45 to move back into the 2nd round lol. Alittle pricey? Perhaps but like I've been saying, Flowers is one of my favorite IDP rookies this year and an immediate starter....so the $45 doesn't really bother me too much at all.

Ah, then that was pretty nuts. :D

I believe I spent a little to move up to pick Flowers (ba-dum-pah) but $45? Wow. :wacko:

P.S. And SF, I didn't realize you were in the league... I made quite a few of kpholmes' picks and thought I had researched who all was in the league. :D

Edited by darin3

I believe I spent a little to move up to pick Flowers (ba-dum-pah) but $45? Wow. :wacko:

P.S. And SF, I didn't realize you were in the league... I made quite a few of kpholmes' picks and thought I had researched who all was in the league. :D

No worries bro, I like to try and fly under the radar :D

I hope Taz is back next year. It seems he may be going all in this year trading his top 2 rookie picks and now cash. This is a dynasty and I hope everyone comes back.

The cash thing got out of control. First Swiss offered $20 for the next pick and then 2-3 people were offering $50-55. It was like an auction.

It appears KP has been picking a few of our brains. Good for the kid. He has a nice squad shaping up.

Not as crazy as it appears on it's face. Being a start-up, the RFA pickings will be slim next season and he will have time to recoup that money in trades before you really start seeing the big name guys come up. That said I wouldn't spend that money on ANY rookie DB.

Value is a relative term and I think that 45% of your cap you spent on a DB (rookie or not) pretty much assures that the word VALUE should not be used.

Not $45.

He paid $45 to acquire that pick

Not as crazy as it appears on it's face. Being a start-up, the RFA pickings will be slim next season and he will have time to recoup that money in trades before you really start seeing the big name guys come up. That said I wouldn't spend that money on ANY rookie DB.

45% for a player at one of the deepest positions just doesn't scream value to me....and while he can "make it up" he won't ever truly make it up....just because RFAs will most likely be thin the first couple of years starting in yr 3 they will start to come on the market and then I think someone is going to be singing a different tune about VALUE

for some reason rookie drafts make people lose their minds when it comes to trading cash, picks and players.

Edited by keggerz

I think KPHolmes needs to cut the cord from Darin and fly on his own. Its embarrasing already

I'm fishing

I think KPHolmes needs to cut the cord from Darin and fly on his own. Its embarrasing already

I'm fishing

Darin hasn't made a pick for me since the end of the vet draft buddy, when I couldn't get to a computer. I'm doing just fine thanks. :wacko:

Edited by kpholmes

Darin hasn't made a pick for me since the end of the vet draft buddy, when I couldn't get to a computer. I'm doing just fine thanks. :wacko:

:D Highlight my post. I am just busting your balls. I have no idea who is on your team