[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Time, Any Place Dynasty/IDP 16 team draft going on now

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far

AP

SJax

LT

Westbrook

1.05 Barber

Addai

Jones Drew

Gore

Reggie Wayne

1.10 Patrick Willis.

Whomper had the lowest dice roll yet got the 1.06 slot and picked Addai. But then Cowboys fans get all the breaks. :wacko:

So far

AP

SJax

LT

Westbrook

1.05 Barber

Addai

Jones Drew

Gore

Reggie Wayne

1.10 Patrick Willis.

Whomper had the lowest dice roll yet got the 1.06 slot and picked Addai. But then Cowboys fans get all the breaks. :D

:wacko: You had your chance to make Grant the top pick and you passed on it :D

Name dropper :wacko:

I had the 1.01 and traded if for a 2nd and 3rd and 3 rookie picks.

He's been saying that from the start and I've been saying who needs running backs. Please no more name dropping people.

1.12, 2.12 and 3.12

Tried trading with Savage but the price was too high(he thought). That was the best deal I could find. With no RB required I wanted to trade out.

The 2nd and 3rd are 2.12 and 3.05 so I have 2.12, 2.16, 3.01, 3.05.

Edited by Randall

Tried trading with Savage but the price was too high(he thought). That was the best deal I could find. With no RB required I wanted to trade out.

The 2nd and 3rd are 2.12 and 3.05 so I have 2.12, 2.16, 3.01, 3.05.

Depth is critical in big leagues with large rosters like this one. That trade is going to pay off big time, IMO.

The real problem I see with trading into a top 1st round pick for a team's 2nd/3rd/1st rook pick - especially if the team getting the 1st rounder already has an upper half 1st round pick - is that the team having the two 1st rounders almost feels obligated to use both 1st rounders on RBs (otherwise why trade into that situation?), but ends up being behind the rest of the league by at least one round throughout the draft as well as not being able to draft very talented young depth in the rookie draft.

By the time the rest of the team has a chance to acquire some strength/depth at other positions, the two first rounders are going to be ready to leave their NFL careers. That makes the whole ploy in vain, unless the owners really outfoxes the rest of the league in the draft somewhere - and that's no easy task given a league full of vet Huddlers. He almost has to have lightning strike not once, but two or three times.

San Diego Silver Surfers Taz

Lake Superior Obibwa Randall

Redcliff Maple Leafs TFord

Maryland Crabs TBone

Sun City Little Blue Pills Robash

Winnebago Derby Domes

Masked Burglars of Uranus East Fargo Woodchippers Savage

Brooklyn Ball Busters Brooklyn Rob

New York Chowder Mr. Ted

Scottsdale Scouting Sundevils RSXsundevil

SF409ers

La Whomper Nostra

Zia

KPHolmes

REZ

NY/NJ MetroStars Dondemeo

Swiss, T-Bone & Zia = gluttons for punishment, aren't they? ATAP was as tough a draft as I've ever been in. First time in a long time that I actually lost control of my draft for a few rounds and was forced to go with the flow on the spur of the moment. Very disconcerting.

:shaking head:

Swiss, T-Bone & Zia = gluttons for punishment, aren't they? ATAP was as tough a draft as I've ever been in. First time in a long time that I actually lost control of my draft for a few rounds and was forced to go with the flow on the spur of the moment. Very disconcerting.

:shaking head:

Try getting in a full 16 team IDP redraft league. :wacko:

Try getting in a full 16 team IDP redraft league. :wacko:

Redraft leagues are easier to take chances in - in fact, they are great opportunties to swing for the fences. You f'up one year? No big deal, wipe the slate clean & come out swinging next year. You figure in a 16 team league with most of the owners knowing what they are doing that you will be doing very well to be in the money once every 3 years & win it once every 7 years or so, so you roll the dice. You play it safe and you can figure on being in the middle of the pack every year, which sucks, IMNSHO.

You do that in a dynasty or contract league? You can be sweeping the basement floor for a long, long time. Plus you've got the added burden in a contract league of trying to mix your player's effective experience so that you can spread your contract years properly. Too many young guys who can't be rostered on a practice squad? You'll end up making a couple of contracts way too short for players who will end up being studs. Too many older vets and your team becomes suscpetible to injuries and uses up it depth & additional contract years in call ups/WW picks ups.

Edited by Bronco Billy

You do that in a dynasty or contract league? You can be sweeping the basement floor for a long, long time. Plus you've got the added burden in a contract league of trying to mix your player's effective experience so that you can spread your contract years properly. Too many young guys who can't be rostered on a practice squad? You'll end up making a couple of contracts way too short for players who will end up being studs. Too many older vets and your team becomes suscpetible to injuries and uses up it depth & additional contract years in call ups/WW picks ups.

Pretty much says it all for all you dynasty rookies out there.

This is a great thread as ATAP's sister league has just begun our draft. Some interesting picks here so far though, I must say.

That makes it interesting. The original league spent months designing the scoring system. It's almost total flex positions on both offense and defense.