[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Time, Any Place Dynasty/IDP 16 team draft going on now

Hugh 0ne

That makes it interesting. The original league spent months designing the scoring system. It's almost total flex positions on both offense and defense.

+1...it did take us a long time...and for the life of me, none of us can figure out how we did not make a RB mandatory! :wacko:

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much says it all for all you dynasty rookies out there.

The single biggest mistake I see dynasty owners in a startup draft making is overvaluing youth and undervaluing experience. Youth is great in a dynasty league - you can keep a player for his entire career. But there is no substitute for actual performance. Those are real & tangible points for your team, rather than the tantalizing prospect of potential.

A burst of incredible intelligence & insight.

OK...ONE of us knows why we did not make RB mandatory! Of course, considering the way RB's were gobbled up in bothe the ATAP and ATAOP (thus far) drafts, it shows that teams will mostly employ a RB. Where I now like the rule is that we have the flexibility to play off matchups and injuries and not start a RB if needed.

Again, light shined on marble head...albeit several months late...

:wacko:

The single biggest mistake I see dynasty owners in a startup draft making is overvaluing youth and undervaluing experience. Youth is great in a dynasty league - you can keep a player for his entire career. But there is no substitute for actual performance. Those are real & tangible points for your team, rather than the tantalizing prospect of potential.

It can depend on your plan, though. I tried to pay attention to both, but in the end if I had to choose I took a player that had performed a little less but was younger.

There are 2 parts of the dynasty thing. There's the initial talent grab and then there is the management of economy over time. The war of attrition, so to speak.

I am hoping that having a solid core of youth locked up for a number of years will help with gaining an economic edge over the next several seasons. Of course I have to not be a dummy in the meanwhile about things :wacko:

Swiss, T-Bone & Zia = gluttons for punishment, aren't they? ATAP was as tough a draft as I've ever been in. First time in a long time that I actually lost control of my draft for a few rounds and was forced to go with the flow on the spur of the moment. Very disconcerting.

:shaking head:

Welcome to the big leagues, buttercup. :wacko:

OK...ONE of us knows why we did not make RB mandatory! Of course, considering the way RB's were gobbled up in bothe the ATAP and ATAOP (thus far) drafts, it shows that teams will mostly employ a RB. Where I now like the rule is that we have the flexibility to play off matchups and injuries and not start a RB if needed.

Again, light shined on marble head...albeit several months late...

:D

:wacko:

That was my single biggest concern with making a RB mandatory - that it was a 16 team league with extended service (contracts). One bad injury at RB can turn a playoff team into mediocre for a couple of years. If it would have been a 14 team league, you wouldn't have heard me fuss about a mandatory RB rule. But 16 extends the RBs too much given the depth of RBs who can really contribute meaningfully week in & week out to a starting lineup. Plus it pushes RB value up too much, again, IMNSHO.

Welllllll - this draft has taken an interesting turn just after coming out of the chute. This looks to be great fun sitting on the outside & commenting as it progresses.

Absolutely...it would be interesting to post both ATAP and AOTAOP drafts in Excel, side-by-side, and see where we were similar and where we differed. Maybe not necessarily by player name, but by the value each league placed on position. One would think that the same scoring systems should lead to similar drafts, but each owner thinks differently.

I've seen a few comments where guys are apologizing for delaying the draft. Makes me wonder if the draft began before anyone knew it was to start?

No real set date, just after all draft slots were taken :wacko: Couple of guys working on deals as well, it's all good.

No real set date, just after all draft slots were taken :wacko: Couple of guys working on deals as well, it's all good.

I had to justify drafting Manning so high so thats my exuse...

In all honesty I was looking to trade down because I knew Manning would be there but I did not want to hold up the draft (I am anxious).

In all honesty I was looking to trade down because I knew Manning would be there but I did not want to hold up the draft (I am anxious).

I hear you bro...but it's not a redraft, so take your time. There's no starting over next year if you err this season.

Good luck all!!!

That's kind of where I was at too... was working some deals but they weren't really heading int eh direction that made sense for me, so instead of delaying any more in negotiations, I decided to make a move. We'll see if that move ends up being too much of a reach or not.