[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Playoffs!

budlitebrad

Duncan scored more tonight, but it was another blowout. Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker were all held under 20 points.

If the Hornets take one in San Antonio, this series is over.

Yep and if they take 2 in San Antone it's really over. :wacko:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hornets have been very impressive and are extremely well coached. Their double teaming on Timmy and trapping defense has been superb, buzzer to buzzer. They are the kind of team I enjoy watching, and CP3 is the kind of superstar I appreciate.

It's too bad my Spurs had to come up against them instead of Utah. Even if the Spurs manage to stretch the series out, I don't kow if the Spurs have enough gas in the tank to win a 7 game series against such a young team. I doubt the Spurs will roll over and die, though.

Was that a great game or what? :wacko:

Didn't get to see the 4th... checking out SportsCenter to catch up...

What I did see, however, was incredible.

Edit: OK, caught up. Hornets will need to get more from Peja if they want to take Game 4. This is shaping up to be a heck of a series, especially with the Parker vs. Paul matchup not disappointing.

Edited by darin3

Didn't watch any of the game but checked out the box score. From that it looked like a heck of a game and pretty even. Looks like the diff was ball movement for SA and hitting the threes from that ball movement as they had a lot of assists and good 3 pt FG%.

I'll have to flip me on some SC and check out the highlights.

Nice line for CP.

Didn't watch any of the game but checked out the box score. From that it looked like a heck of a game and pretty even. Looks like the diff was ball movement for SA and hitting the threes from that ball movement as they had a lot of assists and good 3 pt FG%.

I'll have to flip me on some SC and check out the highlights.

Nice line for CP.

The Spurs ball movement in the 2nd half was a thing of beauty.

The Spurs ball movement in the 2nd half was a thing of beauty.

Paul is nothing short of a genius. Some of his baskets were just eye-popping ridiculous comic book stuff. That said, Parker was also on the edge of utter brilliance. That game had everything until the Spurs killed them off with that 11-0 run in the fourth. Nice to see Byron Scott have the sense to know when it was over and take Paul out of it instead of calling endless pointless time outs. I think Paul was exhausted and that's why the Spurs could mount that run.

Both teams are fortunate to have 2 days to recover.

Edit: OK, caught up. Hornets will need to get more from Peja if they want to take Game 4. This is shaping up to be a heck of a series, especially with the Parker vs. Paul matchup not disappointing.

I don't pretend to be on the level of Pop but have thought Peja is the key to the series as I watched the first 2 games. CP3 is going to get his 30+ if he wants and no one, including Bowan, can stop him. Moving Bowan to Peja and shutting him down (did not score with Bowan on the floor other than from the line) made a huge difference last night.

It would be just short of a miracle for my Spurs to come back and win this series, but I do think it's going to be interesting.

Paul is nothing short of a genius. Some of his baskets were just eye-popping ridiculous comic book stuff. That said, Parker was also on the edge of utter brilliance. That game had everything until the Spurs killed them off with that 11-0 run in the fourth. Nice to see Byron Scott have the sense to know when it was over and take Paul out of it instead of calling endless pointless time outs. I think Paul was exhausted and that's why the Spurs could mount that run.

Both teams are fortunate to have 2 days to recover.

Awesome to watch- Paul can absolutely take over the game like very few players have EVER had. He is goin to go down as one of the all time greats. Dayum, the little frenchman matched him shot for shot though, fun to watch! I still think NO takes the series, but it is shaping up to be a heckuva series now.

edit: How do you think ATL is feeling, taking Marvin WIlliams over CP3 when they had a dire need at PG - unreal, and that is exhibit A on why they are one of the worst franchises in sports.

I have no issue with Utah takind DW, while CP3 is the better PG, you can make the argument he fits their style better.

Edited by wildcat2334

I don't pretend to be on the level of Pop but have thought Peja is the key to the series as I watched the first 2 games. CP3 is going to get his 30+ if he wants and no one, including Bowan, can stop him. Moving Bowan to Peja and shutting him down (did not score with Bowan on the floor other than from the line) made a huge difference last night.

It would be just short of a miracle for my Spurs to come back and win this series, but I do think it's going to be interesting.

cmon Homie, how can you be a Spurs fanatic and spell it Bow-AN 3 times!!! it is BOWEN.

Yer right though taking Peja out is hugh, cuts down on NO scoring options and the Spurs ended up with a hugh advantage with the 3's which was a major factor in the W

cmon Homie, how can you be a Spurs fanatic and spell it Bow-AN 3 times!!! it is BOWEN.

:wacko: You're right, and I knew that. I guess that's what I get for trying to make a quick post between meetings.

Awesome to watch- Paul can absolutely take over the game like very few players have EVER had. He is goin to go down as one of the all time greats. Dayum, the little frenchman matched him shot for shot though, fun to watch! I still think NO takes the series, but it is shaping up to be a heckuva series now.

edit: How do you think ATL is feeling, taking Marvin WIlliams over CP3 when they had a dire need at PG - unreal, and that is exhibit A on why they are one of the worst franchises in sports.

I have no issue with Utah takind DW, while CP3 is the better PG, you can make the argument he fits their style better.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here and label Paul as one of the best few players of all time. There are 2 guys in the league today that I would take over CP3, let alone if I open it up to anyone who has ever played. He's certainly a great PG, but be reasonable folks.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here and label Paul as one of the best few players of all time. There are 2 guys in the league today that I would take over CP3, let alone if I open it up to anyone who has ever played. He's certainly a great PG, but be reasonable folks.

I don't think anyone is anointing CP3 as the reincarnation of Jordan just yet but his performance in the last game was, nevertheless, pretty darn noteworthy to say the least.

That's my Jazz!!!

2-2 baby!

Best outta 3 :wacko:

While our nation of high octane offense loving fans would hate it, I would love to see a hard-nosed Spurs/Jazz Western Finals.

Listen, I am not annointing him as one of the best ever, yet - the dude just has an ability to take over a game and do whatever he wants on the floor, which is even more special as a 6'0 PG. He has that rare gift that few players have IMO.

Certainly if your re-drafting your going with the bigger guys first - but I haven't seen a PG like him in quite some time

on a side note, dayum how fast ole momentum can change....... both Utan and SA are not goin anywhere- both em have 7 written all over them

first W on the road takes it..........

Edited by wildcat2334

on a side note, dayum how fast ole momentum can change....... both Utan and SA are not goin anywhere- both em have 7 written all over them

first W on the road takes it..........

I though the Spurs had a good chance of picking up a couple of wins at home but expected something more like the OT game between L.A. and Utah. Last nights blow out was a huge suprise. It's amazing what two days rest can do for old legs. I didn't think they had enough gas left in the tank to go 7 games with NO but am not so sure anymore.

Tuesday night's game is going to be huge and may decide the series either way.

What's up with the Celtics? This team just can't win on the road at all. One loss at their own place and they'll be history.

I'm curious who Detroit fans are rooting for?

Do you want to face the #1 seed Boston? Or the Cavs team that eliminated you last year?

I'm curious who Detroit fans are rooting for?

Do you want to face the #1 seed Boston? Or the Cavs team that eliminated you last year?

Both are intriguing matchups. While I'd love to pay Lebron back for the 25 straight points he scored last year, the Boston series is more intriguing to me this year. The regular season matchups were great and had interest nationally. I'm hoping for Boston.

You can call me a bandwagonner as much as you want, but I'm really starting to like the Hornets. My Bulls are looking mediocre at best, and I can't come to root for the Lakers anymore with Kobe on the team. I was a hugh fan of the Showtime Lakers but not this team. :wacko:

I have always been a Paul fan, and now that I have some roots in Louisiana, it's becoming easier and easier to root for the Hornets. I seriously hope that they're able to stay in New Orleans. The Sonics' moving to Oklahoma City is good news for Hornet fans, that's for sure.

David West, awesome. I always like Tyson Chandler, but he's borderline incredible paired with Paul. Always like Peja, he's the perfect vet complement on this team.

Let the flaming begin, but I'm quickly becoming a Hornet fan.

You can call me a bandwagonner as much as you want, but I'm really starting to like the Hornets. My Bulls are looking mediocre at best, and I can't come to root for the Lakers anymore with Kobe on the team. I was a hugh fan of the Showtime Lakers but not this team. :wacko:

I have always been a Paul fan, and now that I have some roots in Louisiana, it's becoming easier and easier to root for the Hornets. I seriously hope that they're able to stay in New Orleans. The Sonics' moving to Oklahoma City is good news for Hornet fans, that's for sure.

David West, awesome. I always like Tyson Chandler, but he's borderline incredible paired with Paul. Always like Peja, he's the perfect vet complement on this team.

Let the flaming begin, but I'm quickly becoming a Hornet fan.

I haven't watched or followed basketball since the 80's, but I started watching Hornets games here & there this year. Now watching them in the playoffs has turned me on to the game again.

I'd love to see them take SA, but even if they do the injuries are mounting & give me a lot of concern. West played extremely well with a bad back last night so hopefully he can continue to play through it.

On another side note, man was that a physical game last night or what? :D