[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official WCOFF/Las Vegas Thread!

rocknrobn26

:D Awesome.

I'm what you call a troublemaker at times.

Did I ever bust out a backspin? I'm known to do that too. :wacko:

No way dude...you're a freaking riot and if I ever allowed myself to get more than buzzed you'd have a partner in crime! No backspins, unfortunately...please bust one out next year, OK? :D

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I make it next year, I'll challenge Twiley for backspin supremacy (although I have a decade or so on him).

First we are going to do the quarter elbow challenge :wacko:

Ok, I'll give y'all a hopefully brief account of my first time in Vegas and WCOFF:

Thursday:

I leave Jax at 11:00AM and am very fired up for the trip. Didn't drink on the plane as $7 beers didn't appeal to me as I had limited funds(more on that later). Arrive in Vegas around 3:00PM Vegas time and take a cab to the Desert Rose where H8 and Soup were gracious enough to offer me a place to crash. Call H8 when I get there and he says to meet the gang at Planet Hollywood. I drop my bags in the room and I'm off to partyland. I ask someone how far PH is up the road and they tell me about a half a mile. I decide to hoof it. Mistake #1 in Vegas and I just got there. :rofl: Everything looks closer than it actually is and by the time I reach PH, I'm thirsty as hell. I did see plenty of Mexicans on the way and had a pocket full of lovely ladies to prove it. Finally make it to PH. Must have been a mile walk, but felt like 5. I have no clue where everyone is so I belly up to the nearest bar and order my first brew. H8 contacts me and tell me how to get to Blondie's, where the group is. I walk through the Miracle Mile Mall for what seemed another half mile before I finally reach my destination. I'm finally there. I get my bracelet for $10 all-you-can-drink brews and walk to the back where this slender tall dude shouts my name. H8 and BC could be 40% of a hoops team. The guys start to play a game with the newbie by introducing me to false names. I should have seen this coming. D was the only one I recognized as I've seen his mug plenty of times. I sit down between Twiley and D(mistake #2). Have a full beer and twiley decides to challenge me. I think I shocked alot of people but, hey, I was thirsty as hell after all that walking. Then the shots start coming. I don't like Jager at all and that was shot #1. :rofl: To my surprise tequila wasn't the first thing put in front of me. Had a blast meeting all the guys when I did finally know who they really were. I bought a round of tekillya and was very shocked and disappointed at a certain huddler refusing to drink it. I have to give him credit as he finally did oblige. I ended up drinking a second with someone, although I can't remember whoi. The memory was already starting to go at this point.

After plenty of :D and talking we finally decide to leave Blondie's and go to another bar, Oceans something. I really don't remember much at this point. I barely remember my last drink in my hand was something with Jager in it. I barely remember losing a C-note as that was the last cash I had in my pocket. As for talking about going back to FL, I have no clue :D as I was truly a drunk bastage at this point. I end up walking back to the hotel with H8 the hard way, through the back parking lots, not on the main strip. I lost H8 at MGM and ventured the rest of the way by myself although I don't really remember much. It was very foggy at best. I finally make it to Desert Rose(how, I have no clue) and use my key card to get in. However, my keycard does not work at the room. I was pleased to hear that Mrs. H8's friend had the same problem so it wasn't me being smashed beyond belief. I get woken up around 3:30AM? by Mrs. H8 and her friend beatig on the door because their key doesn't work. I knew his first name, but she asks if this is so-and-so's(another name that she calls him) room. I must have looked like a confused idiot, let alone a stumbling drunk.

Friday:

You have to know something about H8. When you're with him, you must start drinking as soon as you wake up. Unfortunately, 6:30 AM Vegas time after leaving the east coast and getting totally obliterated comes way too early. I needs my coffee before I start drinking so I had alot of "meows" jeered at me by both Soup and H8. It is the morning of the ove Boat cruise which I was really looking forward to. H8 calls Big John and wakes his arss up to come with us. Unfortunately none of you oither mofos decided to go and if you've never been, you don't know what you missed. But I'll try and explain. I do finally drink a beer before we leave(I think) and we're off to pick up BJ and head out to Lake Mead. H8 was getting the most out of the Suzuki van he rented by testing the horsepower and brakes alot. :D We stop at a convenience store on the way and load up on 3 18-packs of brew among other things. I really must say at this point that the Mexican thing I ate for breakfast did not go over very well at all. I stil haven't puked yet which I must say I'm pretty proud of myself because just thinking about what went down in the last 12 hours makes me puke about 3 times in my mind.

So we get to the lake and what a sight to behold! We plop into the boat and we're off. For a guy who lives in the flatlands of FL, it was truly amazing what I saw. The Hoover Dam was incredible, among other things. You have to realize that it's 110 degrees out there so we pull over in little alcoves here and there to enjoy the Zero Gravity Bar. The water was awesome. We even managed to see a mountain goat climb up these steep rocks as we pulled into one alcove. Soup mentioned that it would have taken us all day to climb that rocky cliff when this goat made it up there in 10 minutes. Back to the boat and we hit some rough water. Soup and I laying on each side of the front of the boat, H8 driving, and Big John in the rear. I feel bad for BJ as he was getting sprayed with beer from myself and soup every time we took a taste. I found it hard to even hold onto my beer as I was laughing so hard I almost pissed myself. Ah, good times. Lake Mead is absolutely HUGH, and I have to give H8 credit as he knew where he was going. Getting toasty later in the day and we decide to dock at a marina and venture up the hill to a restaurant and eat some grub as other than that Mexican mistake(#3) and plenty of beer, my stomach craves food at this juncture. So the short walk to the restaurant, up hill mind you, turns out to be longer than it looks. BJ and I are lagging behind as I have a hugh blister that has been popped and re-popped on the back of my right foot. From alll of that walking Thursday night in my dockers which are not meant to be walking shoes at all. BJ is not looking good about half way up the hill. I'm thinking this was a totally stupid idea. Just then a van comes down and picks us up and brings us to the eatery. That's what those boxes were for at the dock. They were courtesy phones for the shuttle. :smash: The driver explains to us how many people have keeled over trying to make that walk :D and I'm thinking we could have been victims ourselves. A bunch of drunken bastages walking a half mile up hill in 110 degree heat. We deide to get our food to go as the cook took forever to get us our food and we had to have the boat back by 5:30. Trying to eat a club sandwich with a beer in one hand while H8 hits the rough water was not very smart.

So we get back to the hotel finally and H8 decides to take a power nap. I'm telling soup to get moving as if I lay down, I'll be out like a light myself. .So Soup and I meet Mrs. H8 and her friend(she's married, by the way which is a shame because she was a hottie for sure) and another group of their friends for dinner a PF Chang's . Nice dinner, awesome food, but I was a little uncomfortable with the company as I don't really hang out with people like that. Let's leave that alone. After dinner and more drinking, Soup and I head back to the Oceans bar where I was basically blacked out the night before. I finally get to meet his connection bartender Grace and her sister. Man, Grace looked like a petite JLo. I instantly had the hots for this one. She hooks Soup and I up with rum drinks that are 3/4 rum and also tells me of some of my exploits the night before which I had no clue about. I was the one with the pole stuck up my back as KC mentioned in his post. :D Well, that bar closed early by Vegas standards and Grace siad to give her an hour and she'd call Soup and we'd get together later. I'm running on fumes at this point but the thought of hooking up with hottie Grace was enough to semi keep me going. Soup and I are walking back once again to the hotel, or should I say staggering. It was very funny watching Soup do his zig-zag while clapping his hands walk. I remember seeing an old man in a wheelchair with a sign that read "in need of a beer". Hell, at least he was honest. I may have been smashed again, but at least I remember getting home this time. I thought I was going to keep Soup under control , and for the most part, we were making it home. But alas, we run into a group at Hooters celebrating this dude's 21st birthday and that was the last I saw of Soup that evening as he joined their party. I remember telling some of the party how disappointed I was in them because the birthday boy was still walking.

Saturday, WCOFF Draft Day:

H8 and I take a cab to the Hilton. I was worried about Soup as he told me he was drafting but decided to sleep it off some more. Turns out he wasn't drafting, thank God. I was also a bit disappointed that we never hooked up with the group Friday night. So we get to the Hilton and I finally meet Al. Super guy by the way and I'd love to hang out with him more in the futture. I meet most of the group and they're all surprised to see me. I guess they took my drunken stupor comment about going back to FL seriously. I have absolutely no recollection of that at all. That's one thing y'all should know about Jax. I may say some stupid thing when I'm smashed, but never take them seriously. By the way, H8's wifey and her friend were mediators at the draft and they looked cute in their NFL spamshirts. Wifey's friend had all the guys salivating in her C. Johnson Bengals jersey with blackshorts or skort. :guns: I wasn't part of a team, so while the draft was going on, Al, Twiley, and myself sat at the bar and drank some more of course. I don't even remember meeting a coupple of the guys Thursday night(BC was one of them), but they remember meeting me. Man, all of those mediator girlys running around in their zebra stripes and shorty shorts was amazing. A true sight to behold.

After the draft, hung out a little bit and of course drak some more. We decided to split up and go back to our rooms and get ready for the big meeting Saturday night. This is where the clusterf'k started. I was worried about RnR as he though we were meeting at Hoffbrau and it was too late to call him as he was already on his plane. I was told that half the guys were going to Hoffbrau and the other half was going to some sushi bar. I was going to choose Hoffbrau as I'm not into sushi. Something got majorly screwed up and we most of us ended up at some sushi place called RA. Looked like a nightclub and I was skeptical about the food, but was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. H8's wifey's friend told me to try a California roll so I placed an order for it and I actually liked it. For the main course I played it safe and ordered teriyaki beef and it was melt in your mouth good. Almost forgot. When we came back from WCOFF draft, I finally met Swiss and his absolute knockout wifey, Swissmiss. I know alot of you guys were salivating over Peepin Mofo's wifey from his MH thread, but, forgive me Peepin', Swissmiss blows her away. Not that I wouldn't do Mrs. Peepin' if she were single so please don't take that the wrong way Peepin'. My hat is off to Swiiss for scoring such a lovely bride. And she's a super girl to talk to also. Swiss is a super nice dude who I'm sure I'd be friends with if we lived in the same town.

Now, I can't remember what bar or where it was that we met the majority of the group and it's not because I was too sh*t-faced either. Just don't recall at this time. I was very happy to see RnR as I felt bad about not having dinner at Hofbrau. I was also glad that I got to sign the ball that was purchased for BJ's birthday. Once again, happy birthday Big John! Not just being on the computer, but this guy really has a photographic memory and his knowledge is really scary. Not to say that in a bad way. Dont believe me? Ask him in person what your birthday is. I really enjoyed plaing name the artist with D and Swissmiss. She really knows her rock and roll as does D. I took a sip off of Twiley's dring out of curiousity only to find that it was straight vodka. Although I really shouldn't be surprised. The group atarted to spit up and H8 looked like he was very tired to put it mildly. That's when I was surprised that Bushwacked asked if I wanted to go play some blackjack with him and H8. So we headed to a table and at first I watched a little. As I'm heading to the restroom, a group of hottie girls comes by and one hands me a camera. Now I'm expecting to take a group photo or something but am surprised that I'm in the center of the photo. One of the girls decides to basically act like she's giving me a lapdance as another takes the camera from me and takes photos. :wacko: I wonder if this will end up on Youtube. So when they're done, I tell them that they have to do something for me now. She asks what and I just say "you know". The more I think of it, the more I think how much fun it would have been going back to a room with a group of hotties. I could die and be happy. Anyway, she thinks about it and starts to call me names like pervert for one. I then lean over and whisper to her that all I wanted was a kiss. She happily obliges and to my surprise gives me a nice one with tongue action and all. The photo girl was snapping like crazy.

Now back to the black jack. H8 is kicking some serious ass at the table even though he has to be nudged by the dealer to keep from passing out at the table. I was amazed how well he was playing, but with alot of help from Bushwacked. I decide to join the fun and from there, H8 took a dive. I was down to my last $20 and managed to build it back up to about $50 over, when we decide to play one last hand. I was very tempted to let it all ride on that one hand, but decided to only play about $30. I'm glad I didn't let it all ride as of course it was a loser. I was surprised how well I was able to battle back considering how 12 seemed to be my dealt hand a sh*t load of times. Bush can attest to that. By the way, Bushwacked is also super person as all of you Huddlers truly are. Just wish he'd have brought the wifey as I'm told she's a hottie also. So back to the hotel via cab thank God as the blister on my foot was turning purple and getting more raw with every step. If y'all want to know why I was limping, now you know. Meow.

Sunday NFL Games:

Now as Kid Cid said, I don't kow how all of you west coasters deal with football starting at 10:00AM. H8 and I headed over to Hooters, which was right next door to our hotel. We find that the Hooters restaurant doesn't open until 11:00AM. Doesn't make a hell of alot of sense as the games start at 10. H8 talks to a manager to try and get us a large table hooked up for the group. Manager obliges, but say that the back room(where the table and all of the TVs are) won't be open until noon. :pokey: Again, doesn't make a whole lot of sense as these fokkers could make some serious cashflow if they opened for the games. So we bely up to the bar next door and H8 starts drinking some vodka concoction while I order bloody marys. The set up is nice for us, as at the bar, the Jag game is on one TV, while the Steeler game is on the other. Soup and his girl arrive. They went to a show the night before. H8 is about 3-4 stiff driks in and is ready to take a powernap. He say he'll hook up with me after awhile as I'm wanting to go meet up with the gang. So off to the Flamingo solo via cab. I meet the group in a dark bar tinted in red. Why did it seem like I was in hell? Maybe it was the $8 beers. Finally get to meet Tim C and his wifey and as someone else said, he's just as funny in person. Twiley has probably downed about 14 bloody marys at this point and all is well, although his liver may beg to differ. I played a little blackjack with RnR and am eally glad I did. Super super guy who I'm glad I can now call a friend. We were playing a version caled Lucky Ladies, which means you can put money down(sucker bet) on another spot to hit certain cards mostly with ladies involved. Wish I'd have done it one hand as I hit 2 Qs and it would have paid 40-1 or something astronomical. :slap: Would have paid for most of the trip for sure.

After the games, the group splits up once again. Hard to keep such a hugh group together. We meet at the Hilton and like Tim C, I'm very bummed out to see that the Star Trek Experience is now history, although Twiley left his mark there. :rofl: What happens in Vegas........We go to a bar to watch the Bears-Colts game. Some of the guys decide to take a nap. And I really can't blame BC as he was going on absolutely no sleep. :rofl: At first it's only myself, H8, Kid Cid and Mrs. KC, Big John, Tim C and Mrs TC. Much to my surprise we are joined by most if not all of the Hilton gang, BC amog them. BC deserves a double :rofl::rofl: for that. Power nap to the extreme. I decide to watch some of the guys play Texas Hold-em against the dealer while the others decide to go eat. I must say I forgot where they were going and I lost them. Twiley was at the next table solo playing Pai Gow poker even though I don't think he had a clue what he was doing. But as BC said, you can't lose much if at all in that game and you get free drinks so ya know twiley's game for that. So I watch as BC, D, Tim C, and Atam are playing. I was on a limited budget and had ear-marke my second to last C-note to H8 to help offset some of the costs of the cruise. I vowed that I wasn't going to use an ATM machine while I was there and came through on that promise. I am by no means a rich man so I had to play cheap bastage on Sunday and for that, I apologize. Aftter the guys broke off their poker game, Atam left for his flight and the rest of us went to eat, although Twiley was still there when we came back. :rofl: Hell, at least we knew where he was. Watched a little more but I was exhausted after all the drinking, etc. So I called it an early night. For those who I didn't get a chance to say "goodbye" to, my apologies. We'll meet again I'm sure.

I'd like to thank H8 and Soup for hooking me up with a room share. For the rest of you, it was truly a pleasure meeting you all. This is a great family and I'm glad to be a part of it. I'll give a brif rundown on some of the guys. Not going to do everyone, so take no offense if I omit you.

H8- Can be snide with some of his remarks, but it's all in fun. Or is it? Thanks for everything bro! How did you land such a nice girl anyway?

Soup- Very funny guy. Also a very nice person. A bit more of a playboy than myself, but that's ok in my book. He really is larger than life.

Twiley- Man, what can I say? The guy was the class clown in HS as he told me. My liver hurt watching him drink. But another great guy.

Bier- Even though he calls me his SF, I'd probably call him my best friend if I lived in Colorado.

Atam- Is the definition of "not shy". This guy will talk to anyone without hesitation.

Darin- This guy knows how to party. But also knows how to look out for someone. Nice meeting ya bro!

BC- Sorry I didn't meet you the first night(technically I did). A gentleman in all aspects. Very knowledgeable at the card table as you all know. I saw it first hand.

RnR- What you see on these boards is what he is. Truly genuine and a great friend. Thanks for playin' a little blackjack with me my friend!

Alchico- The old guy is not so old as I was lead to believe. Knows his way around a casino and is a very nice guy indeed. If the wifey doesn't go next year Al, I'll be happy to split a room with you.

Bushwacked- The type of guy you could sit down with and talk for hours. Yet another stand-up guy.

I'm truly proud to be a member of this family. And thanks for takin' care of the newbie all. Hopefully, I'll see y'all next year! :D

Ok, I'll give y'all a hopefully brief account of my first time in Vegas and WCOFF:

:D

D was the only one I recognized as I've seen his mug plenty of times.

:wacko:

I bought a round of tekillya and was very shocked and disappointed at a certain huddler refusing to drink it. I have to give him credit as he finally did oblige.

I ended up drinking a second with someone, although I can't remember whoi.

I GOT DRUNK!

I'm truly proud to be a member of this family. And thanks for takin' care of the newbie all. Hopefully, I'll see y'all next year! :D

the condensed BRIEF version for everyone else :wacko:

One last thing. The next time I watch football in a place called Bugsy's Cabaret, I expect lap dances and sweater puppies on the loose. Not $8 Coronas and short fat Mexican chicks.

Edited by Kid Cid

One last thing. The next time I watch football in a place called Bugsy's Cabaret, I expect lap dances and sweater puppies on the loose. Not $8 Coronas and short fat Mexican chicks.

+1

And to top it all off the lighting totally sucked. They must have some ugly wimmins in there for shows, hence the bad lighting. I took a coupe photos that turned out but the group photos all sucked. We should have waited till noon and done Hooters,at least for the food and cleavage.

It sure was great to meet all you guys. Sorry I missed Swiss, Soup, Chargerz and The Wolf. We were doing the tourist stuff Saturday and was on the other end of the strip when we got your dinner message.

Some of you guys may have a drinking problem. :D

I never did get my meat loaf (waiting for Bier to gimme the recipe), but I did talk to 'Earl Campbell'. :wacko:

I just got back to work and have it stacked up to the ceiling so can't post too long. The Huddle guys are the best....everyone should try and go next year. :D

It sure was great to meet all you guys. Sorry I missed Swiss, Soup, Chargerz and The Wolf. We were doing the tourist stuff Saturday and was on the other end of the strip when we got your dinner message. The Huddle guys are the best....everyone should try and go next year. :wacko:

Same here Tim...I was disappointed to have not met you but I had a very early flight home on Sunday...

Next year, fo sho! Huddlers...start saving now!!!