[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official WCOFF/Las Vegas Thread!

rocknrobn26

OK...the suspense is killing me, as it is for other WCOFF noobs I am sure.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL US ABOUT THIS PENGUIN???

:D

That's only privy to those that actually go to Vegas. :D

And you're not there yet!! :D

Other things:

H8 and the lamp

Adam's Apples on Chicks

Russian Mafia bouncers

Throwing shoes at Strippers

The magical cotton candy

Other magical stuff :wacko:

Seamless

The list goes on.

Edited by twiley

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's only privy to those that actually go to Vegas. :D

And you're not there yet!! :D

Other things:

H8 and the lamp

Adam's Apples on Chicks

Russian Mafia bouncers

Throwing shoes at Strippers

The magical cotton candy

Other magical stuff :wacko:

Seamless

The list goes on.

That's OK...I am sure we'll be adding to the list this year! :D

research is being done for a "nice" dinner... who is in and how much are you willing to spend?

i am thinking that will find something around $75-150 (including tip)

Works for me. We dressing up (slacks, etc) or are we casual?

Edited by The Wolf

research is being done for a "nice" dinner... who is in and how much are you willing to spend?

:wacko: You mean... total.... right? :D

:D I'd prefer to not have to bring those kinds of threads...

I'm thinkin' I may hit up the burger bar and meet you high rollers later in the evening. :D

I'm down with whatev.

I'm thinkin' I may hit up the burger bar and meet you high rollers later in the evening. :D

This is in addition to the saturday dinner.

Edited by twiley

nothing more than a dress shirt and khakis should be fine

just different way of allocating funds... i am not a hugh gambler and food/wine is my form of entertainment

we are thinking about the "upscale" dinner on friady night......

and the bigger huddle gathering on sat

Actually...didn't realize the upscale dinner was separate from the Huddle dinner. I am OUT for Friday...working 3 drafts...but very much IN for Saturday.

What the hell? Who goes to Vegas to work? :wacko:

:D

They're paying $100 per draft. It helps with the expenses, gambling, etc.

Trying to buy a house so every little bit helps. Plus, I'm Italian...you know how we paisans always work!

Actually...didn't realize the upscale dinner was separate from the Huddle dinner. I am OUT for Friday...working 3 drafts...but very much IN for Saturday.

I thought that meant the same thing too and the get-together was more for drinking than eating.

I thought that meant the same thing too and the get-together was more for drinking than eating.

I think the spot at Treasure Island where DMD and WW had the organized event a couple years ago was PERFECT. There are a couple decent eating locations right near that loungey area too, in case people wanted to go grab a bite.

Or we could always do the spot at the Flamingo where we met last time. There's food options adjacent to that spot too.

I think the spot at Treasure Island where DMD and WW had the organized event a couple years ago was PERFECT. There are a couple decent eating locations right near that loungey area too, in case people wanted to go grab a bite.

Or we could always do the spot at the Flamingo where we met last time. There's food options adjacent to that spot too.

yeah.... there were a few of us that wanted to go bigger for 1 dinner out there and we wanted to open that up for whomever wanted to join..... the huddle get together/dinner was more of an opportunity for all of us to sit down for drinkiing and grab some food. i think that any place that could seat us- that happens to have food available- is sufficient....

if you guys want to change that up a bit, i am game. just trying to get some concensus (and get 1 great meal while there)

fwiw- i am also going to be jonesing for in-n-out, so happy to hit that up for a quick lunch or 2 am snack :wacko:

Question on best way to get from airport for when I go in a few weeks.

Taxi line? (is it a long wait, is the cost savings worth it?)

Nicer car (assuming no line, how much more than a taxi?)

Limo (doubt I'd go this route)

Should I find a couple of strangers and offer to split a fare to the hotel?

Taxi line? (is it a long wait, is the cost savings worth it?)

Nicer car (assuming no line, how much more than a taxi?)

Limo (doubt I'd go this route)

Should I find a couple of strangers and offer to split a fare to the hotel?

we were just there a couple weeks ago. i'm assuming you're on the strip. just get a taxi. should be less than $15, and for sure less than $20. we arrived on a saturday evening, so there was no line.

Taxi line? (is it a long wait, is the cost savings worth it?) Compared to what? The bus is cheap for one person, but it can take an hour plus, w/ no cocktails! :wacko:

Nicer car (assuming no line, how much more than a taxi?) Never saw any option like that.

Limo (doubt I'd go this route) Pretty pricey for <4 people, but still more than 2 cabs. It's been a while, and w/ gas prices the way they are, I'd say at least $60.

Should I find a couple of strangers and offer to split a fare to the hotel? Seriously, I've seen people do this. I saw a guy going up and down the line for people going to Caesars I think. He found another guy that took his offer. Not sure how it turned out, but all I could think about was.....Staying at Caesars and you can't afford the extra $7??? :D

we were just there a couple weeks ago. i'm assuming you're on the strip. just get a taxi. should be less than $15, and for sure less than $20. we arrived on a saturday evening, so there was no line.

Agree! Just don't let them take the HiWay! Total rip off if you are not going downtown or the far North strip! The Hilton is not far North!!!

$12 from the airport to mid strip, including the $2.50 fee. Not sure if they have incorporated a fuel surcharge. Montster???

Edited by rocknrobn26