[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official WCOFF/Las Vegas Thread!

rocknrobn26

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah.... there were a few of us that wanted to go bigger for 1 dinner out there and we wanted to open that up for whomever wanted to join..... the huddle get together/dinner was more of an opportunity for all of us to sit down for drinkiing and grab some food. i think that any place that could seat us- that happens to have food available- is sufficient....

if you guys want to change that up a bit, i am game. just trying to get some concensus (and get 1 great meal while there)

fwiw- i am also going to be jonesing for in-n-out, so happy to hit that up for a quick lunch or 2 am snack :D

As yall know I'm not getting to Vegas until ~5:30pm Saturday. When I first mentioned a big dinner/get together I had no thoughts about cost. Still don't care if we go to a burger joint or a fancy dinner on Saturday. If it's a fish place, as long as they have shell fish (like lobster w/ cocktail sauce...yeah I hate the butter thing, or fried shrimp) I'll be there. Not crazy about the REAL fishies, 'cept maybe a good Salmon or Tapia!

Anyone want to convert me?? :wacko:

A person at work suggested the nicer car (Town Car type of car) and said there is no line for that and that the wait can be a pain in the ass for a taxi. Maybe she's nutz.

I have been to Vegas more times than some of you have been alive, and I have never seen an option like that! I'd pop $25 for no line, no wait! Many of the limos ARE town cars. Check w/ her and check back here w/ the info.

A person at work suggested the nicer car (Town Car type of car) and said there is no line for that and that the wait can be a pain in the ass for a taxi. Maybe she's nutz.

She's right on the money.

I have used that Town Car service on a couple of occasions.

It was $35.00 last time I used them in '07. But no line no waiting.

If I remember correctly, if you are walking toward the baggage area, taxi's are on your right and the Town Car/Limo service is on your left. Wherever the taxi's are the cars are on the opposite side of the baggage claim.

If I remember correctly, if you are walking toward the baggage area, taxi's are on your right and the Town Car/Limo service is on your left. Wherever the taxi's are the cars are on the opposite side of the baggage claim.

That's exactly how she described it. I'll check when I get there and report back.

This is correct... RR's $60 claim is incorrect. That might be for a limo. But you can get a nice car for $35.

This is correct... RR's $60 claim is incorrect. That might be for a limo. But you can get a nice car for $35.

Well if that's the case I'll probably spring for the extra $15 or so to save on the wait and look like a big shot to the Mrs. :wacko:

Well if that's the case I'll probably spring for the extra $15 or so to save on the wait and look like a big shot to the Mrs. :wacko:

I usually do this if a) the taxi line is too long or b.) if I'm with someone else.... I'm sure me and twiley will roll this way :D

I think the spot at Treasure Island where DMD and WW had the organized event a couple years ago was PERFECT. There are a couple decent eating locations right near that loungey area too, in case people wanted to go grab a bite.

I agree. :wacko:

I think the spot at Treasure Island where DMD and WW had the organized event a couple years ago was PERFECT. There are a couple decent eating locations right near that loungey area too, in case people wanted to go grab a bite.

Or we could always do the spot at the Flamingo where we met last time. There's food options adjacent to that spot too.

Having never been out with this group before, I am game for wherever y'all want to go on Saturday. That Flamingo spot seems to be a place that the group likes, judging from posts I've read.

:wacko: You mean... total.... right? :D

:D I'd prefer to not have to bring those kinds of threads...

I'm thinkin' I may hit up the burger bar and meet you high rollers later in the evening. :D

Sounds like I will be planning on hanging out with Darin...sans flip-flops :D

I say this now and for the record:

I don't care how old I am(46 now). I will NEVER EVER be a socks and sandal guy. :wacko:

Note to self: jax moves up a notch on the acceptable list

The taxi line almost always moves very fast, despite looking very long. The year I got in at the same time as Skippy, Bunz and I am blanking on the 4th (I think there was a 4th) we skipped the cab line and took a limo. It was about $40 or so, IIRC.

The taxi line almost always moves very fast, despite looking very long. The year I got in at the same time as Skippy, Bunz and I am blanking on the 4th (I think there was a 4th) we skipped the cab line and took a limo. It was about $40 or so, IIRC.

:wacko:

It's cause I totally blanked that it was Big John at the airport as well. Man I suck. For what it is worth, much of that weekend is a blur.

:wacko: You need to be sober this year. You're drafting!!!