[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Movie Reviews

Menudo

Bridesmaids

This movie definitely proves that a group of women CAN carry a comedy. I thought this was a pretty funny movie. Kristen Wiig has been the funniest member of the SNL cast for quite some time, so, I wasn't surprised with her performance. However, the majority of laughs came from Melissa McCarthy, who definitely deserved her award nomination for this performance. She is extremely funny. The only negative that I have is that the plot is really cookie cutter. You pretty much know where it is going. Despite the been there, done that script, there are still a lot of great laughs. I enjoyed it.

Apart from one memorable scene I thought it was a snooze-fest.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from one memorable scene I thought it was a snooze-fest.

For me it was on the plane after Wiig took the pills and booze and started mocking the rich lady. Gets me every time.

But I thought there were a couple other really funny scenes too. As comedies go lately, this one is one of the best in recent memory IMO.

12 Angry Men

My dad used to recommend older movies to me, and I'd give them a chance. More often than not, I would come away somewhat disappointed. It's not that the movies weren't good in their time, but, it is tough for old movies to hold up to new ones, with the technology advances. This morning, I watched "12 Angry Men", and this one lived up to the hype for me. I absolutely loved this movie, and it is definitely my favorite black and white film that I've ever seen (I haven't watched many). I loved the simplicity of the movie, and I'm guessing it didn't cost much at all to make (even compared to that era). The acting is brilliant, the dialogue is great, and it is just a great movie. It was amazing to see some of the simple camera work being done during the movie. At the start, they shoot from above, and far away. As the movie goes on, the camera drops and starts to zoom, which creates a claustrophobic feel, which is what the characters were going through. I thought it was brilliant.

12 Angry Men

My dad used to recommend older movies to me, and I'd give them a chance. More often than not, I would come away somewhat disappointed. It's not that the movies weren't good in their time, but, it is tough for old movies to hold up to new ones, with the technology advances. This morning, I watched "12 Angry Men", and this one lived up to the hype for me. I absolutely loved this movie, and it is definitely my favorite black and white film that I've ever seen (I haven't watched many). I loved the simplicity of the movie, and I'm guessing it didn't cost much at all to make (even compared to that era). The acting is brilliant, the dialogue is great, and it is just a great movie. It was amazing to see some of the simple camera work being done during the movie. At the start, they shoot from above, and far away. As the movie goes on, the camera drops and starts to zoom, which creates a claustrophobic feel, which is what the characters were going through. I thought it was brilliant.

its nice to see you are starting to appreciate camera work. Just a little tid bit, making B/W movies on film is a lighting guys dream. Its more difficult than any other genre to light.

I actually ended up catching the movie Safe House with Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington this weekend. The movie was pretty kick ass. Very tense and a solid ride the whole way through. If you liked the Borne Identity movies, I think you'll enjoy this flick. One of the better films I've seen in awhile. To be fair, I had no real expectations going into this movie but I think everyone who likes CIA thriller type movies shuold at least catch this on rental.

Crazy, Stupid, Love.

This movie was not your typical date movie / romatic-comedy. It was much better than most of them are. It was funny throughout, and the main characters were acted out well by Steve Carrell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore & Emma Stone. It had some cheezy moments, but, overall, I liked it because it had a good combination of comedy and heart. It didn't go for the out-and-out sappiness that many romantic comedies go for. I enjoyed it.

• 4 months later...

The Dark Knight Rises

Really terrific ending (?) to the series. Of course they leave it open for more sequels, but it is a pretty satisfying end to the Christian Bale trilogy. A long movie at 2:45, I enjoyed it because it didn't feel rushed for the most part and they got some decent character development in for a summer blockbuster.

8.5/10

Saw Robin and the Bane trigger person coming from a mile away. Curious to see if they actualy give Robin his own movie. I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt could carry the film.