[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Movie Reviews

Menudo

Twilight

I've always enjoyed vampire movies, and I did like this one as well. I wasn't blown away by it, but, thought it was a very entertaining film. I did like some of the acting choices, as I thought the guy playing Edward did a good job, and Kristen Stewart is a cutie and a solid actress. The action sequences and the main fight scene were well done. Definitely worth watching and a solid vampire flick.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twilight

I've always enjoyed vampire movies, and I did like this one as well. I wasn't blown away by it, but, thought it was a very entertaining film. I did like some of the acting choices, as I thought the guy playing Edward did a good job, and Kristen Stewart is a cutie and a solid actress. The action sequences and the main fight scene were well done. Definitely worth watching and a solid vampire flick.

You have got to be kidding me. :wacko:

Side note: my wife is f'in obsessed with this Twilight garbage. She thought the movie was "meh", like me, but has listened to all of the books on CD and is now interested to see the follow-up flicks.

Side note: my wife is f'in obsessed with this Twilight garbage. She thought the movie was "meh", like me, but has listened to all of the books on CD and is now interested to see the follow-up flicks.

:D +1

I for one, can't stand vampire flicks. If I wanna watch teen fluff, I'll switch the tube to Nickelodeon at Night.

:D I thought she did a decent enough job.

:wacko: +1

I for one, can't stand vampire flicks. If I wanna watch teen fluff, I'll switch the tube to Nickelodeon at Night.

Well, maybe I was lean on my comments. The movie, as a whole, was more "meh" than anything, but it wasn't horrible. What gave me most pause was the fact that Menudo thought Stewart's "acting" was good. :D

Well, maybe I was lean on my comments. The movie, as a whole, was more "meh" than anything, but it wasn't horrible. What gave me most pause was the fact that Menudo thought Stewart's "acting" was good. :wacko:

I love people that laugh at other's opinions because they like themselves and their own opinions sooooo much. I didn't say her acting was "good", I said it was "solid". I don't think she is going to win an academy award anytime soon, but, I thought she did a "decent" enough job. It's not like it was challenging role.

I love people that laugh at other's opinions because they like themselves and their own opinions sooooo much. I didn't say her acting was "good", I said it was "solid". I don't think she is going to win an academy award anytime soon, but, I thought she did a "decent" enough job. It's not like it was challenging role.

:wacko: Dude, pull your g-string out of your crack. I love myself. I love my opinions. Get used to it. And here, in case you need it.

"Doubt"

eh. Not bad but way overhyped - characters weren't as developed as I expected they would be, and I kept waiting for this big slam-bang build-up that never occurred (kinda reminded me of "Contact" in that regard). The very end I didn't care for much at all. I'm glad it rose above a lot of Hollywood cliches, but I think it went too far that way (and I can't believe I'm saying that).

• 4 weeks later...
Forgetting Sarah Marshall

My first trip to the movies since "Rocky Balboa". Prior to that, I had not been to the movies in like 5+ years. Our boss took us to a Hollywood something or other theater, where you get food and drinks during the movie. This was my first experience with that, and I wish there was something like it where I live. :wacko: + Comedy = :D O.k., now to the movie. This definitely had some funny moments, and some solid eye-candy. My two favorite characters were Kristin Bell's new singer boyfriend and Paul Rudd, who I always find funny. This didn't get up to "40 Year Old Virgin" level to me, and I haven't seen "Knocked Up" or "Super Bad" yet, but, this was a funny movie, but, I wouldn't call it a home run by any means. I must say though, with comedies, they often get better to me the 2nd and 3rd times that I watch them. Funny, solid, but, not great..........

I'm figuring this has to be one of the better chick flick genre movies out in some time. Mila Kunis is one of the most under-rated hotties in Hollywood, and the underdog appeal of the main character/director (or producer ...whatever) was charming. One of those movies, where I just kept chuckling all the way through.

Yes Man

I've really enjoyed some Jim Carrey films, such as "Dumb & Dumber" & "Liar Liar", but, some others have failed to meet expectations, such as "Bruce Almighty" and "Me, Myself, and Irene" I would put this somewhere in between, but, probably closer to Almighty & Irene. It was a decent comedy, with a few laughs. There were a few times that it got extremely cheesy, but, that wasn't too much of a surprise, as many comedies go there. In the end, I had a few smiles and some light laughs, but, nothing major. A decent movie, but, not one I'm interested in watching again.

17 Again

So, I had last Thursday off work to run several errands. I got everything done at around 1:00 and I was at the mall with nothing to do. I went to the theater and the only movies playing were "Hannah Montana" and "17 Again", so, I got a ticket for "17 Again" :wacko: I went into the theater, where my surrounding situation hit me, and I sent this text to my buddy "I'm 34 years old, and I'm the only person sitting in an empty theater, getting ready to watch a Zac Effron movie.......does that make me gay ?" He of course answered.... "yes, it does" O.k. onto the movie. It was actually much better than my expectations, which were very low. It was, of course, cheesy in parts, and pretty predictable, but, it had some heart and definitely had a few good laughs. In the end, it was an enjoyable way to kill 90 minutes.

Rented three movies last night, one of which was Paul Blart - Mall Cop. I guess the best way to sum up this movie is by saying that I honestly can not think of any good reason why a sane adult would find this movie entertaining in the least. I don't know what I was thinking... I guess I figured that Kevin James is a pretty funny guy, so it has to be OK, right? Wrong. Brutal, just brutal. I fell asleep for the last 20 minutes, only to wake up to the credits rolling and Blart and the main chick in the film getting married in the background (and my wife muttering "stupid" because she stayed awake for the whole thing). Oh, and in case I just "gave away" the ending... don't worry. A movie this terrible isn't even eligible for "spoiler" status. In fact, here's a spoiler for you... DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE. YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED, to say the least. I feel like I want my money back, but it was free (as part of my monthly BB online membership). They should have to PAY people to watch chit like that.

17 Again

So, I had last Thursday off work to run several errands. I got everything done at around 1:00 and I was at the mall with nothing to do. I went to the theater and the only movies playing were "Hannah Montana" and "17 Again", so, I got a ticket for "17 Again" :wacko: I went into the theater, where my surrounding situation hit me, and I sent this text to my buddy "I'm 34 years old, and I'm the only person sitting in an empty theater, getting ready to watch a Zac Effron movie.......does that make me gay ?" He of course answered.... "yes, it does"

Menudo makes it onto SNL

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I get the last laugh regarding the acting of Kristen Stewart, as she just won what is widely known around the world as the top achievement in acting that any Actress can aspire to. She has won the "Top Performance By An Actress" at the MTV Movie Awards. :D

Well, I guess I was right again. :D

Yes Man

I've really enjoyed some Jim Carrey films, such as "Dumb & Dumber" & "Liar Liar", but, some others have failed to meet expectations, such as "Bruce Almighty" and "Me, Myself, and Irene" I would put this somewhere in between, but, probably closer to Almighty & Irene. It was a decent comedy, with a few laughs. There were a few times that it got extremely cheesy, but, that wasn't too much of a surprise, as many comedies go there. In the end, I had a few smiles and some light laughs, but, nothing major. A decent movie, but, not one I'm interested in watching again.

I loved Me , Myself and Irene. Im surprised you didnt like it.

17 Again

So, I had last Thursday off work to run several errands. I got everything done at around 1:00 and I was at the mall with nothing to do. I went to the theater and the only movies playing were "Hannah Montana" and "17 Again", so, I got a ticket for "17 Again" :wacko: I went into the theater, where my surrounding situation hit me, and I sent this text to my buddy "I'm 34 years old, and I'm the only person sitting in an empty theater, getting ready to watch a Zac Effron movie.......does that make me gay ?" He of course answered.... "yes, it does" O.k. onto the movie. It was actually much better than my expectations, which were very low. It was, of course, cheesy in parts, and pretty predictable, but, it had some heart and definitely had a few good laughs. In the end, it was an enjoyable way to kill 90 minutes.

:cough: Bullshit :cough:

• 1 month later...

The Hangover

This was the first movie my wife and I went to since Borat, so, it was an exciting date night for us. Being that I absolutely LOVE comedies, this movie came with more hype than any in recent memory. I had friends calling it the funniest movie they ever saw. I don't know if I can go that far until I watch it a few more times, but, it definitely ranks up there with "Dumb & Dumber", "There's Something About Mary", and "Holy Grail" for me. The movie had me laughing from beginning to end. I always liked Ed Helms playing Andy Bernard in the Office, and he was good here. The entire cast was pretty funny in their roles, but, Zach Gallifanakis absolutely stole the show and emerged as a future star of comedy. The movie had me laughing or at least smiling the entire time.

I loved the way they tied the entire thing together at the end with the hilarious pictures.

This was definitely the best comedy I've seen in quite some time.

The Hangover

This was the first movie my wife and I went to since Borat, so, it was an exciting date night for us. Being that I absolutely LOVE comedies, this movie came with more hype than any in recent memory. I had friends calling it the funniest movie they ever saw. I don't know if I can go that far until I watch it a few more times, but, it definitely ranks up there with "Dumb & Dumber", "There's Something About Mary", and "Holy Grail" for me. The movie had me laughing from beginning to end. I always liked Ed Helms playing Andy Bernard in the Office, and he was good here. The entire cast was pretty funny in their roles, but, Zach Gallifanakis absolutely stole the show and emerged as a future star of comedy. The movie had me laughing or at least smiling the entire time.

I loved the way they tied the entire thing together at the end with the hilarious pictures.

This was definitely the best comedy I've seen in quite some time.

Everybody who's seen this is raving about it. I'm planning to go.

Everybody who's seen this is raving about it. I'm planning to go.

It's definitely worth the ticket. How great it is can be debatable, but it is very good and funny so there is no real downside. Comedies are tough to compare so I don't bother with trying to figure out if it is the funniest movie since Wedding Crashers or Coming to America. There are so many different takes on how to do comedy and certain stuff doesn't hold up over time. It's just a good movie. Don't expect earth shattering stuff but if you like 40 year old virgin, knocked up, or wedding crashers... You should enjoy this.

• 3 months later...
if you like 40 year old virgin, knocked up, or wedding crashers... You should enjoy this.

We saw Couples Retreat at the theatre...do not waste your money. Suuuuuucked. In the same genre, we did get "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" through Netflix starring a very hot and funny Kristen Bell. I didn't know what to expect from this other than staring at Kristen Bell the whole movie. It was hilarious. We laughed the whole movie. Highly recommended to check out on DVD.

We saw Couples Retreat at the theatre...do not waste your money. Suuuuuucked. In the same genre, we did get "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" through Netflix starring a very hot and funny Kristen Bell. I didn't know what to expect from this other than staring at Kristen Bell the whole movie. It was hilarious. We laughed the whole movie. Highly recommended to check out on DVD.

Agreed. I haven't really heard good things about Couples Retreat. Too bad really, because it has the pieces to be a good comedy. Nothing great, but Vaughn/Favreau/Bateman could have been good together. I haven't seen it yet but I'm definitely not going to the theater for it. The movie I saw last week was:

Observe and Report:

It looked like it was going to be a typical Seth Rogan movie. Which is a good thing IMO because I usually find them pretty funny. The problem is that this movie is convoluted with insanity. The story is not coherent so every time you think "oh, this is what this movie is going to be about." Sh!t changes. And I mean huge twists. I won't give any of it away and I can't say the ride was worth it. It wasn't god-awful but I planned on watching a comedy with the wife and I ended up thinking WhattheF most the time (there are some laughs) while my wife felt sorry for the main character and thought the movie was about something completely different. I saw it got a 50% on rottentomatoes so apparently some people like. I'd say the movie just gets crazy and more ridiculous the farther you go into it. It has some sentimental parts but in the end you feel awkward for watching it and possibly dirty for liking some of the characters. It feels like a mix between Paul Blart, Taxi Driver, and Really Bad Things (and I never pictured putting those three movies in a category). Would not suggest unless you have a morbid curiosity and an hour and a half to kill.

• 4 weeks later...

Go

I know this is an old movie, but, I had seen bits and pieces several times, it looked interesting, so, I decided to watch the entire thing. It was definitely action-packed, and I like movies that jump around chronologically. I didn't really think it did a very good job developing any of the characters, as it just immediately jumped into the action. Overall, I thought it was a good, not great movie. It also reminded me of how damn hot Katie Holmes once was. She was damn sexy in this movie, which was another plus.

I like to gamble and I love to play Blackjack. Based on those facts, I expected to love this movie. I didn't love it, but, I did like it. Some solid acting by those we know (Kevin Spacey & Lawrence Fishburne) and several unknowns. I felt like it kept me entertained throughout, and I liked how it tied together at the end. It never really blew me away, but, was a solid flick. Oh, and Kate Bosworth is off the charts hot in this one. She is stunningly gorgeous.