[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

If Malkin shows up tonight, the Pens win. The odds are not in our favor. :wacko:

Just a little stat I ran across, the Pens had 6 shots in the 3rd period. Malkin had 4 of them. I know he hasnt been good, but 6 shots isnt enough for a period with a 2 man advantage, and he was the only one hitting the net.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little stat I ran across, the Pens had 6 shots in the 3rd period. Malkin had 4 of them. I know he hasnt been good, but 6 shots isnt enough for a period with a 2 man advantage, and he was the only one hitting the net.

Six shots in that period no way is enough, but that stat does not accurately reflect Malkin's performance in that game. In fact, oftentimes the reason we were not able to generate offense is because Malking turned the puck over or failed to keep it in the zone when that was his specific role on the power play.

Seriously? I mean the last two in JLA weren't even close. I suspect this one will either be extremely close or a Wings blowout so I suspect in an extremely close game he could have that magnitude of an impact which basically is one goal which he is capable of, of course.

Malkin's been a no-show the entire series. Pittsburgh sucked as a unit at JLA. They're playing better now. If Malkin shows up, and the Pens play like they did in games 3 and 4, they win. That's my bold prediction of the afternoon and I'm sticking to it.

Besides, I heard all Detroit talk radio was talking about today was who should get the Conn Smythe, guess you already won the cup. :wacko: Nothing would be nicer that shutting those people up.

Six shots in that period no way is enough, but that stat does not accurately reflect Malkin's performance in that game. In fact, oftentimes the reason we were not able to generate offense is because Malking turned the puck over or failed to keep it in the zone when that was his specific role on the power play.

Oh for sure! His play on the 5 on 3 was brutal. But he did generate 4 out of 6 shots that period. My point wasnt so much to beef Malkin as it was to jab Hugh as Malkin has not been the only problem.

Its strange. Some guys just need to go through one of these to learn what it takes to elevate your game. The Mullet said it before the series, he believes you have to loose one to win one. I think a lot of times that is true. Datsyuk and Zetterburg were ridiculed for a few years that they could not produce in the playoffs. As they matured that stuff went away. Maybe Malkin needs this sort of thing to learn?

Its strange. Some guys just need to go through one of these to learn what it takes to elevate your game. The Mullet said it before the series, he believes you have to loose one to win one. I think a lot of times that is true. Datsyuk and Zetterburg were ridiculed for a few years that they could not produce in the playoffs. As they matured that stuff went away. Maybe Malkin needs this sort of thing to learn?

No, he's not the only problem, he's just the most glaring one because of the way he played this season.

That may be the case that he just has to go through these growing pains and learn to continue to play at a high level even when he's tired ( :wacko: ), but I don't have to like it.

That's just cold. :wacko:

Yep. I broke a couple of rules.

Bragging before the series is over....

and bragging.

Edit: Of course I wouldn't do so if Seahawks fans didn't encourage me to as retribution.

Edited by Puddy

What a game. Hurts after the Wings dominated 19 1/2 minutes of the 3rd period. Overtime baby.

this is why nhl is better than nba. non-stop action. heart racing action and im not even a fan. no 20 timeouts to end the game, just pure adrenaline!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

I'm just bummed my wife and kids are all asleep. I'm jumping, near-feinting, etc. This may be the most dramatic game I've ever seen. Ozzie has been astonishing all series, and Fleury's playing well too. I think the deepest bench wins tonight, and I think that's in our favor.

. . . I still can't decide if my Hasek authentic is good luck or bad. :wacko:

Peace

policy

Talk about a terrible power play.

Yep, the Wings realize that at this point, you have to send it towards the net. During that power play, the Pens were trying to be too precise with their passing. They have to get two guys in front and blast it at the goal. :wacko: