[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

What the frick happened to the Penguins I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you , we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Lidstrom, he's a dead man! Osgood, dead! Zetterburg...Dead!

:wacko: LET'S DO IT!

All I can say is... wow. One for the ages,

....and the winning pass came from Malkin :wacko: FINALLY !!!!

Edited by Menudo

I couldn't believe how much fresher the Pens looked in the third OT. Detroit played the entire game camped out in Pittsburgh's zone, but in 3OT they all looked a step slow. Fleury played as well as he ever has, and the Wings just couldn't capitalize on their many, many chances. I have been seeing broadcast graphics on how badly my team has outshot their opponent since 1992--but it never seems to translate into playoff wins. Since the matchup was set, I've been rooting for Game 7, prime time, Saturday night: Crosby gets a hatty and they go 3-3 into OT, with an OT Wings win. I think that would be the dream scenario for the NHL and hockey in America.

However, tonight my wife and kids slumber on, and tomorrow my wife will be pissed that I'm still growing out my playoff beard. I look like a freaking lumberjack.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

I was so f'n tired that I dozed off in the 3rd O.T. Woke up just in time for the goal :D

You broke the biggest rule a sports fan can ever make, you bragged before it was over............. :wacko:

Must.......have......Red Bull...........

Wow. Fleury was pretty good. :wacko:

I still thought Malkin sucked FWIW, but hopefully the point gets him going. Sykora pointed to the right field bleachers and delivered a home run. Lol. He was cool about it in the press conference, played it off as just kind of something you say to get everyone going. Didn't come across as douchey, at least not to me, maybe my homerism's shining through? :D

And LOFL at Policy growing a playoff beard, that is awesome. :brew: I just hope it doesn't work. :D

I was so f'n tired that I dozed off in the 3rd O.T. Woke up just in time for the goal :wacko:

I fell asleep during the first OT. I woke up able to rewind the DVR back to the end of the game. :D I had one student out of my seven who stayed up for the whole game. I think he's in better shape than I am.

This one is definately on Puddy if we lose. I said all the right things leading up and then he goes and f'n blows it. Nice work Puddy. Expect a TP'ing if we lose.