[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malone is a man in every sense of the word. How he got up after taking that puck in the kisser is beyond me. How he continued to play is simply amazing. His face exploded! As much as I have to hate the Pens right now that guy is awesome. That being said, Gonchar is a bitch for sitting 3 periods and then coming out on the powerplay.

Edited by Cameltosis

I'm pissed, I'm tired, I'll see ya tomoorrow night. That's all.

This one is definately on Puddy if we lose. I said all the right things leading up and then he goes and f'n blows it. Nice work Puddy. Expect a TP'ing if we lose.

Barely made it an hour.

:wacko:

Malone is a man in every sense of the word. How he got up after taking that puck in the kisser is beyond me. How he continued to play is simply amazing. His face exploded! As much as I have to hate the Pens right now that guy is awesome. That being said, Gonchar is a bitch for sitting 3 periods and then coming out on the powerplay.

It wasn't by choice. I saw an interview with him, and he was cleared to play the 3rd OT, but, Thierren chose to hold him off until the power play.

Tough pill to swallow. Sometimes a goalie just steals one.

I was having visions of Johan Hedberg back in the day in that game in which he had like 70 saves and lost in whatever overtime. I like the way that this one turned out a little better. :wacko:

I was having visions of Johan Hedberg back in the day in that game in which he had like 70 saves and lost in whatever overtime. I like the way that this one turned out a little better. :wacko:

Hasek had like 60 or 70 and stopped them all. I think Brodeur had 50 some and let one past in the loss. Cant remember exactly.

Hasek had like 60 or 70 and stopped them all. I think Brodeur had 50 some and let one past in the loss. Cant remember exactly.

What about Avalanche v Panthers? Roy vs Vanbeesbrook? Multiple OT game where Roy stopped 70 for the win and Vanbeesbrook stopped 55 in the loss. Score was something like 1-0 but either team could have scored 5+ had the goalies not been standing on their heads.

I remember the highlights of that game were like 5 minutes long and they showed absolutely nothing but the amazing saves each guy made.

As for last night, I just tuned in for the 3rd period and most of OT, I was tired and fell asleep between the 2nd and 3rd OTs. Detroit looked amazing in the 3rd period, I could have sworn there were 7 guys on the ice for them. Every time Pitt brought the puck up, they were outnumbered by Detroit defenders then, somehow, the Wings would be on an odd man rush. I don't understand how you can be outnumbered on both ends of the ice like that but it was happening all period long. There was always a Detroit player in space on offense. I wish I would have seen the Penguins winning goal.

I really need to watch more hockey. I kept thinking how exciting it was that the entire season was down to sudden death. That the instant Detroit scored, it would all be over.

Edited by detlef

As for last night, I just tuned in for the 3rd period and most of OT, I was tired and fell asleep between the 2nd and 3rd OTs. Detroit looked amazing in the 3rd period, I could have sworn there were 7 guys on the ice for them. Every time Pitt brought the puck up, they were outnumbered by Detroit defenders then, somehow, the Wings would be on an odd man rush. I don't understand how you can be outnumbered on both ends of the ice like that but it was happening all period long. There was always a Detroit player in space on offense. I wish I would have seen the Penguins winning goal.

That is a good description, and that has how things have been most of the series.

. That being said, Gonchar is a bitch for sitting 3 periods and then coming out on the powerplay.

Did you see how well our D was paying without him? :wacko: I think the Pens realize now more than ever that they need Gonchar on this team long term.

I have to admit, I had my doubts about Fleury before the playoffs began. Still had some doubts before the SCFs. But I must say after that performance in game 5, Fleury is now officially a stud goaltender.

I knew the 1st period was too good to be true. It was almost as if the Wings were saving their energy and after watching the onslaught that was the 3rd period, it seemed to be the case. I have never seen a team thoroughly dominate another in a period like the Wings did the Pens. After they went up 3-2, I figured Detroit would just clamp down on D and they pretty much did. The Wings looked as if they were the team down a goal. Pens just couldn't even get the puck out of their own zone much of the time, which is where they desparately needed Gonchar. It was a slight miracle that the Pens were able to tie it up. I had to check my floor as I may have put a hole in it from jumping up and down.

As the game went further into OT, although both teams were dog tired, I think the Pens had a slight advantage as Detroit could not keep up the game plan that made them almost invincible at times. They were no longer all over the loose pucks. The tape to tape passes out of their own zone were no longer a given. They were no longer standing thePens up at the blue line. Fatigue had everything to do with that. Both teams were getting their chances, and getting some chances as opposed to very very few or none at all is why I say advantage Pens in deep OT.

I can live alot better even if the Pens lose game 6. To watch them hang in there and not give up was truly a sight to behold. But I am a greedy bastage. I want another win so we can have a game 7 for all the marbles and a large cup to place them in.

I can live a lot better even if the Pens lose game 6. To watch them hang in there and not give up was truly a sight to behold. But I am a greedy bastage. I want another win so we can have a game 7 for all the marbles and a large cup to place them in.

I agree. I think Detroit is a better team, and for the most part, they showed it by dominating most of the games. If the Pens lose, there is no shame in it.

But the better all-around team doesn't always win, and I'm not giving up on the Pens.

:wacko:LET'S GO PENS!!!!!

Did you see how well our D was paying without him? :wacko: I think the Pens realize now more than ever that they need Gonchar on this team long term.

I did, :D Did you see how much Detroit dominated the entire game from the 2nd period on? If not, check the shots on net. Besides, the post never mentioned how well they were playing without him, I mentioned he was a bitch for sitting 3 periods and coming in on the power play. Are you saying if he was ready they would have chose to sit him?

As far as the interview where he said he wasnt cleared to play up until then I guess I will have to believe him. But what is he supposed to say? Malone barely missed a shift with a broken face. I'm just sayin...

Edited by Cameltosis

I did, :wacko: Did you see how much Detroit dominated the entire game from the 2nd period on? If not, check the shots on net. Besides, the post never mentioned how well they were playing without him, I mentioned he was a bitch for sitting 3 periods and coming in on the power play. Are you saying if he was ready they would have chose to sit him?

As far as the interview where he said he wasnt cleared to play up until then I guess I will have to believe him. But what is he supposed to say? Malone barely missed a shift with a broken face. I'm just sayin...

Dude, take a pill, he was being sarcastic, hence the :D graemlin.

Dude, take a pill, he was being sarcastic, hence the :wacko: graemlin.

Forgive him, he's getting worried. I mean, all I've seen is Pens fans admitting that Detroit has been the superior team, yet, he had to remind us of that again............ :D

Dude, take a pill, he was being sarcastic, hence the :wacko: graemlin.

I took the rolleyes as my comment was off base. My bad., I am a bit on edge lately. And being a transplanted Wings fan living in Chicago I am probably shell shocked from the million beat downs I have been getting the last day or two from sorry Hawks fans. I gotta get out of this town!

Forgive him, he's getting worried. I mean, all I've seen is Pens fans admitting that Detroit has been the superior team, yet, he had to remind us of that again............ :wacko:

Ouch. When Menudo accuses you of over talking your team its time to do a self assessment. :D

:wacko:Lets Go Pens !!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, I want the Pens to take this whole thing, but, as a hockey fan, I really want to see this go 7 games. The last 3 games have been incredibly entertaining.

I did, :wacko: Did you see how much Detroit dominated the entire game from the 2nd period on? If not, check the shots on net. Besides, the post never mentioned how well they were playing without him, I mentioned he was a bitch for sitting 3 periods and coming in on the power play. Are you saying if he was ready they would have chose to sit him?

Wasn't knocking your post. I was just pointing out how our D played like sh*t without him in there. They seemed very apprehensive in their own zone.

Expecting the Wings to come out pissed and furious. Hopefully the Pens can weather yet another storm and save some of their good play for the 2nd and 3rd periods. I am really hoping Malkin finally woke up, but we'll see. Good to see the Pens changed their PP putting Malkin down low where he should be. He needs to shoot the f'kin puck more instead of making boneheaded passes to teams in red. He has an awesome shot, justr wish he'd use it more. But I credit the Wings D alot for shutting us down. Hopefully we don't roll over at home like Dallas did. Please!!!! Just give us a game 7! Nothing better than a game 7, especially in the SCF.

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!

Congrats to the Wings fans.

The better team definitely won the series.

That said, I'm extremely proud of the Pens. Tremendous effort and they never gave up. :wacko:

Congrats to Detroit, they earned the cup. Great team.

I wish the pens could have pulled it off. They played hard until the final buzzer. If the core of the pens team can stay intact, I don't think this is the last time they will be in the hunt for the cup in the recent future.

Great series and a great season.