[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

Congrats to Detroit, they earned the cup. Great team.

I wish the pens could have pulled it off. They played hard until the final buzzer. If the core of the pens team can stay intact, I don't think this is the last time they will be in the hunt for the cup in the recent future.

Great series and a great season.

Definitely. They have young talent and not just talent but superstars. Should remain very competitive for years. Although some Wings are long in the tooth (especially Lidstrom), Zetterberg and Datsyuk are relatively young and should carry us for several more years as well.

Edited by Puddy

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't knocking your post. I was just pointing out how our D played like sh*t without him in there. They seemed very apprehensive in their own zone.

I get that now and I overreacted. I did hear the announcers throughout game 5 saying how well the D was playing without him and I didnt get it. I thought you were going in that direction.

Just an amazing effort from the Pens. The young talent they have is obvious but the intestinal fortitude this team has cannot be coached. I am sure this learning experience will suit them well. As far and them needing to sign the key players, I think they have them. If they can keep the talent (Sid, Malkin, Fleury) and the grit (Orpik, Malone) together they will be back again soon.

All that being said, if I ever see Jiri Hudler on the street I am going to punch him in the nuts.

ETA, Staal should be one of the listed talent guys. That kid is on the verge.

Edited by Cameltosis

First off, F the Laker and Celtics, can ESPN blow them anymore?

Wings, what can I say, this never gets old, I watched the coverage on the local channels for as long as it was going after the game while ESPN showed boxing and baseball tonight.

The early cups were special for obvious reasons, 2002 was great but for some reason this team may be my favorite even without Stevie Y.

Great group of guys that play the game right. The two way hockey is unbelievable and what it takes to win championships.

Pitt gave a good fight at times. I still think some of those calls were a bit mind boggling but so what I guess.

Crosby is a fantastic hockey player. Stating the obvious of course but his vision is Gretzky like. I like that backwards between the legs pass out front, very nice.

This is the first championship series that a Detroit team has won that has went past 5 games since 1968 I believe when the Tigers beat the Cardinals in 7 so we were all gripping a bit heading into game 6.

7 road wins by my count for the Wings. Nice work boys.

Hats off to you Penquin fans, nice conversations the past few months. Plus I heard one of our TV chicks said your fans were better then ours. :wacko: Dumb biaatch.

Edited by chiefjay

The early cups were special for obvious reasons, 2002 was great but for some reason this team may be my favorite even without Stevie Y.

I actually had to dust off the old Stevie Y jersey for last nights game summoning the powers of the The Captain. This one is sweet but I miss ol' #19.

As far and them needing to sign the key players, I think they have them. If they can keep the talent (Sid, Malkin, Fleury) and the grit (Orpik, Malone) together they will be back again soon.

Yeah - when I said that about signing key guys, what I meant was re-signing the key guys. Don't want to see this team fall apart due to free agency.

Congrats to the Wings and their fans. You certainly deserve it.

I am also extremely proud of the Pens not only for making it this far, but for not giving up even when things looked bleek. That would have been some miracle if they were able to tie it up with less tha 5 seconds to go.

• 3 weeks later...
Rough start. First Hossa, which really isnt a suprise, and now this.

With Fleury, Malkin, & Staal all coming up on Free Agency within the next year, they are going to simply have to pick and choose where they spend their money. I counted on them losing a few of the pieces from last season's playoff run.

This one is more worrisome than Hossa, IMO.

I agree.Defense used to be the Pens achille's heel. Now that we seem to have finally gotten our D together, let's not lose it. Just officially lost Malone and Roberts as we traded their rights to Tampa. Hell, at least we got something for Malone. Even though we'd get a 3rd round pick if Tampa signs Malone, I'd just assume he goes out west and plays. That goes for Hossa too.

Someone at work mentioned that the Pens are looking into signing Jagr to a 2-year deal if Hossa doesn't sign. Anyone else heard anything about this?

I heard the same on ESPN radio on my commute home from work.

Someone at work mentioned that the Pens are looking into signing Jagr to a 2-year deal if Hossa doesn't sign. Anyone else heard anything about this?

That would be pretty cool. :wacko:

Hopefully he can forgive the fans that booed him every time he returned to the arena.