[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

Oh, and I find it hard to believe a Wings fan would think that the league doesn't take them seriously or think they're good. You had 115 f*cking points in the regular season. You are far and away the favorite to win the Stanley Cup, and anything less would have to be a major disappointment. The only reason anyone may have questioned them is because they got challenged in round 1, but since then they've looked unbeatable again. Hard to believe that a team that good, that plays in a place called Hockey town, can't sell out playoff games. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I find it hard to believe a Wings fan would think that the league doesn't take them seriously or think they're good. You had 115 f*cking points in the regular season. You are far and away the favorite to win the Stanley Cup, and anything less would have to be a major disappointment. The only reason anyone may have questioned them is because they got challenged in round 1, but since then they've looked unbeatable again. Hard to believe that a team that good, that plays in a place called Hockey town, can't sell out playoff games. :wacko:

Melrose and other pundits have picked against them most of the time. There have been several excuses as to why they are winning except the fact that they might be pretty good. Part of it may be past collapses and part may be the let down in the second half of the season. But the fact remains since Ozzie has taken over its 9 straight. As far as the sell outs go, I got nothin. I dont know why people dont go like they used to. Its hard to blame the economy when the Pistons sell out. And the Tigers were selling out. It might be long term continued success breads complacency. Its not like the team was bad for a long time and then got back to back first picks or anything. :irish wink:

I said it was the former, meaning you guys were scary good. But it's nice to see I got your panties all knotted up on a Tuesday morning. :wacko:

Its not the panty bunching that has me irritated. I quite like my panties like that.

As far as prices go, it's too high for the average fan and the ones that can afford it just don't want to go, they prefer to go to the Palace for the dog and pony show they put on. I still like the Pistons of course but it's a circus out there and closer to the $$$$.

I will try and make a concerted effort to go to the Joe for the Finals. I'm as guilty as anybody for not going. This Red Wing team deserves sell outs and with our hockey community there is no reason they shouldn't sell out.

Edited by chiefjay

after I heard Timonen was out for the series my hopes dropped at least 25%....

if the Flyers could pull out game 3 with a win, it would be considered a steal at this rate...

Timonen's absence has been felt and the trickle down effect has been overwhelming for the defense...

after I heard Timonen was out for the series my hopes dropped at least 25%....

if the Flyers could pull out game 3 with a win, it would be considered a steal at this rate...

Timonen's absence has been felt and the trickle down effect has been overwhelming for the defense...

That Downey guy played a great couple games......for the Pens. I'm not one to be getting the fat lady up on stage, but the Pens definately took advantage of a defenseless Flyers team tonight. Although I was still biting my nails till the 3rd goal sealed it. Flyers played admirably considering the circumstances. I will say one thing and I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me. The Pens and Wings should be an excellent series. Detroit is playing lights out right now, but I don't think they've seen a team like the Pens yet either. Should be entertaining. Thanks for a great birthday present Pens! Now let's not show up to game 4 like you did in NY.

That Downey guy played a great couple games......for the Pens. I'm not one to be getting the fat lady up on stage, but the Pens definately took advantage of a defenseless Flyers team tonight. Although I was still biting my nails till the 3rd goal sealed it. Flyers played admirably considering the circumstances. I will say one thing and I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me. The Pens and Wings should be an excellent series. Detroit is playing lights out right now, but I don't think they've seen a team like the Pens yet either. Should be entertaining. Thanks for a great birthday present Pens! Now let's not show up to game 4 like you did in NY.

:D:wacko::D

Tough series for the Flyers, bad enough not having Timmonen, but missing Coburn again is really killing them as well, and then another brutal mistake by Downie isn't helping the cause. Biron hasn't looked great either, so they're coming apart at the seams a little. All that being said, the Pens still have to win one more game, and anyone that thinks the Flyers plan on lying down is crazy.

Tough series for the Flyers, bad enough not having Timmonen, but missing Coburn again is really killing them as well, and then another brutal mistake by Downie isn't helping the cause. Biron hasn't looked great either, so they're coming apart at the seams a little. All that being said, the Pens still have to win one more game, and anyone that thinks the Flyers plan on lying down is crazy.

Don't forget about Hatcher on the 3rd goal, brutal, brutal. How not to play defense.

Don't forget about Hatcher on the 3rd goal, brutal, brutal. How not to play defense.

He's done, an over the hill goon who doesn't have the balls to be a goon anymore unless he's smashing someone's achilles heal with his skate. They should sit his slow ass and bring in some of their younger defensemen (OK, maybe now with Timmonen and Coburn out it's not the time, but you get the point I'm trying to make).

He's done, an over the hill goon who doesn't have the balls to be a goon anymore unless he's smashing someone's achilles heal with his skate. They should sit his slow ass and bring in some of their younger defensemen (OK, maybe now with Timmonen and Coburn out it's not the time, but you get the point I'm trying to make).

He has looked too slow for a couple years now. I didnt like him when he was good. Now its just kind of sad.

Oh, and I find it hard to believe a Wings fan would think that the league doesn't take them seriously or think they're good. You had 115 f*cking points in the regular season. You are far and away the favorite to win the Stanley Cup, and anything less would have to be a major disappointment.

There's a distressing disparity between years the Wings have won the President's Trophy and years the Wings have won the Stanley Cup. In fact I think most Wings fans feel like the more unstoppable our team is in the regular season, the more likely it is they'll get bounced in the first round.

The only reason anyone may have questioned them is because they got challenged in round 1, but since then they've looked unbeatable again. Hard to believe that a team that good, that plays in a place called Hockey town, can't sell out playoff games. :wacko:

Well part of it is that the prices have gone up and up and up every year. Part of it is that "Hockeytown" has seen a lot of "great teams" stroll through the regular season and then get bounced by a 7 or 8 seed. I won't deny that the lockout took a HUGH amount of wind out of the sails of the local fandom. I went from "lifelong rabid Wings fan" to "I'll watch a few regular season games, but mostly call me when the playoffs start". The feeling I get is that the casual Wings fan has been waiting for another deep playoff run before really caring again.

Peace

policy

I thought the same thing, but he laid some devastating hits down in game 2....

that 3rd goal in game 3 was just awful to watch....it's like the puck had a magnet inside it and the Pens had metallic sticks...I mean the puck just kept finding a Penguin regardless of how many times the Flyers pokechecked the puck away from a player...

but Hatcher has been done and I felt that hen would be the weak link on the top line since Timonen was out and Timonen was sorely missed in all facets of the game in regards to regular strength and special teams...

I still think his presence may have only changed the fate of one of these games....but I could be wrong..

Well, the bad news is that IF we finish off the Flyers, after reading posts from Camel and even more so, Chief on this thread, I realize that we have NO CHANCE if we get to the finals. I repeat, I realize that we have NO CHANCE to win IF we can get the last win over the Flyers.......... :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

Well, the bad news is that IF we finish off the Flyers, after reading posts from Camel and even more so, Chief on this thread, I realize that we have NO CHANCE if we get to the finals. I repeat, I realize that we have NO CHANCE to win IF we can get the last win over the Flyers.......... :D

Nah, I disagree, I think you guys would be the favorite. I would hope we could get it to a game 6 in your place, I would consider that successful. :wacko:

Nah, I disagree, I think you guys would be the favorite. I would hope we could get it to a game 6 in your place, I would consider that successful. :wacko:

:D

Oh, and I thought I was the only one doing something strange since the playoffs started. Hugh hasn't changed his underwear, but I haven't wiped my ass or showered. The people at work love me. :D

We will have to agree to disagree. IF we get there, I would be honored to last 5 games against the unbeatable, undeniable favorites from Hockeytown. :D

Wow! The Red Wings aren't The Borg afterall. Way to hang in there Stars. Just a speed bump for the mighty Wings though(not saying that sarcastically). I'm sure the Flyers will come out with the same intensity in game 4. Here's hoping the Pens pull off the sweep and the Stars take the Wings to quadruple OT Friday night.

Saw something in tonight's Wing-Stars game that's very rare. Wings had a 5-on-3 with 30-some seconds left. With Osgood on the bench it was a 6-on-3 for a few seconds anyway.

would you all just get a private room at the bathhouse? jeez! here's a towel...you all have man goo on the corners of your mouths.

i hope we get a good 7 games with little ref influence. the games should be pretty exciting based on style of play. prob will be rooting for pitt, just because it's nice to see new blood in there and actual development of young talent. only drawback is the possibily of riki becoming the men-u-do of hockey :D

:wacko:

would you all just get a private room at the bathhouse? jeez! here's a towel...you all have man goo on the corners of your mouths.

i hope we get a good 7 games with little ref influence. the games should be pretty exciting based on style of play. prob will be rooting for pitt, just because it's nice to see new blood in there and actual development of young talent. only drawback is the possibily of riki becoming the men-u-do of hockey :D

:wacko:

:D

Wow! The Red Wings aren't The Borg afterall. Way to hang in there Stars. Just a speed bump for the mighty Wings though(not saying that sarcastically). I'm sure the Flyers will come out with the same intensity in game 4. Here's hoping the Pens pull off the sweep and the Stars take the Wings to quadruple OT Friday night.

Saw something in tonight's Wing-Stars game that's very rare. Wings had a 5-on-3 with 30-some seconds left. With Osgood on the bench it was a 6-on-3 for a few seconds anyway.

The Stars were impressive in game 4. But in the Wings defense, with the concussion taking Franzen out and the refs taking Holmstrom out, Turco has a pretty clean crease in front of him. :wacko:

Jeez, great game by the refs last night. Fricken pathetic, who cares about a 5-3 / 6-3 with 30 seconds left and the game decided.

The crease call on Holmstrom was a complete joke and then to see the Stars player score the go ahead goal while, you guessed it, in the crease was mind boggling. Maybe I don't understand the rule and I think this is what pisses me off about the NHL more then anything is the subjective referreeing (sp?) that takes place int he playoffs.

Pathetic.

Stars played better no doubt, Wings played a pretty good game I thought although it does seem that they are relying too much on the first line. Hopefully Johan can come back for the Penguins series.

Edited by chiefjay

Maybe I don't understand the rule

You can go into the crease to get the puck, you can't be in the crease before the puck gets there. So, in summation, the call on Holmstrom was terrible, the non call on the Dallas goal was correct. Hope that helps. If it makes you feel any better, they shoud have disallowed a Red Wing goal earlier in the series when Holmstrom was in the crease on a goal, so that's why they were quick to disallow a simliar situation. Not saying it's right, but it probably led to the call. However you slice it, the call was absolutely terrible.