[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's Go FLYERS!!!

Celebrate good times, come on, lets celebrate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D:D:D

Sorry to the Philly fans, but, I've got rivalries with all my PHilly fan friends, and there is nothing more fun than watching this beating being laid on the Flyers. They all told me that Timmonen would make a difference, they were right................... :wacko: Irish :brew:

Now, lets let the Dallas - Detroit series go 7 games, with the last one going 5 OT's

Edited by Menudo

Celebrate good times, come on, lets celebrate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D:D:D

Sorry to the Philly fans, but, I've got rivalries with all my PHilly fan friends, and there is nothing more fun than watching this beating being laid on the Flyers. They all told me that Timmonen would make a difference, they were right................... :wacko: Irish :brew:

Now, lets let the Dallas - Detroit series go 7 games, with the last one going 5 OT's

I was wondering if him just coming off blood thinners would affect his play by much....I don't know if he choked or he was just exhausted?...

but one of the few Flyers that has come to play every game was Richards...I don't even know if the Flyers scored, let alone if he got one as I didn't catch the 3rd and some of the 2nd..but he is definitely a worker..

I was wondering if him just coming off blood thinners would affect his play by much....I don't know if he choked or he was just exhausted?...

but one of the few Flyers that has come to play every game was Richards...I don't even know if the Flyers scored, let alone if he got one as I didn't catch the 3rd and some of the 2nd..but he is definitely a worker..

Richards definitely came to play. As a Pens fan, he scared me every time he got the puck. Brierre & Prospal were invisible pretty much the entire series.

Good game for the Pens, they never gave Philly a chance, it was awesome to watch as a Penguins fan, probably pretty depressing for Flyers fans. However, they have nothing ot be ashamed of, they were the worst team in the conference last year and made it to the conference finals this year, quite a turn around. And, they're young, and will get better next year. Pretty good chance we'll be seeing you guys in the playoffs again next year. :D

And I'd like to correct Menudo's statement above: May the Dallas-Detroit series go to 7 games, and may BOTH games go to 5 OT's. :wacko:

And I'd like to correct Menudo's statement above: May the Dallas-Detroit series go to 7 games, and may BOTH games go to 5 OT's. :wacko:

Oh well, so much for that dream. Looks like we'll be in Detroit Saturday night for game 1. This should be a great series. The Pens have yet to be tested, but I have a feeling that's about to change. Although as a Pens fan I'd love to see the Pens not get tested here too. This series could very well come down to home ice advantage. Hopefully we can steal one in Detroit. LET'S GO PENS!!!!!

:D

I guess I'll have to be like those folks in the ESPN commercials - the MVP of the wedding checking the scores on my phone. :wacko:

You are one cool chick. If I was at a wedding, and I saw a female sneaking out of the wedding to check Hockey scores, she would be my new hero.

It's on.

Should be an easy sweep for you guys. I mean, you just played your championship. Now, you just have to dispose of the champs of the JV conference

You guys can talk about the JV here too if you want. :D

:wacko:

Should be an easy sweep for you guys. I mean, you just played your championship. Now, you just have to dispose of the champs of the JV conference

I have a new found respect for the East. I hope to take a game so we can get a game 5 back here in Detroit at least. :oldbit:

I have a new found respect for the East. I hope to take a game so we can get a game 5 back here in Detroit at least. :oldbit:

No way. This will be an easy sweep for the guys from "Hockeytown" If the Penguins can get within 4 goals in any of their losses, I'll feel like we've won. :wacko:

This will be an interesting series. I feel like the Wings might have already peaked and I am not sure how good the Pens are. I thought the East was weak coming in and the Pens rolled over everyone like the East was week. Without the Mule will the Wings get that secondary scoring everyone is talking about? Can the Pens blue line contain the Wings top line? WIll experience or youth win out?

FWIW Burnside has the Pens in seven. He is 10-4 throughout the playoffs.

This will be an interesting series. I feel like the Wings might have already peaked and I am not sure how good the Pens are. I thought the East was weak coming in and the Pens rolled over everyone like the East was week. Without the Mule will the Wings get that secondary scoring everyone is talking about? Can the Pens blue line contain the Wings top line? WIll experience or youth win out?

FWIW Burnside has the Pens in seven. He is 10-4 throughout the playoffs.

I expect this series to be phenomenal. Both teams pretty much cruised to the finals. There were a couple of setbacks for each, but, getting to the finals doesn't often come as easily as it did for both of these teams. The Penguins are surprising many by the fact that they do play solid defense and aren't just a one trick pony. However, that said, I do think the West is the tougher conference, so, I expect the Wings to be favored a bit. I can't wait to watch this play out. Despite being young, the Pens need to take this opportunity and get this cup. You never know when or if you will get this opportunity back again. Hossa and Malone are probably gone next year. Then, getting Fleury & Malkin signed will be a chore as well. We've got Malkin for at least next year, but, if he doesn't re-sign before his contract is up, I think he is gone as well. My point is, this might be their best opportunity to win the cup, so, they need to win it now !!!!

:wacko: Lets Go Pens !!!!!!!!!!

I am really looking forward to this series. It is going to be a tough series for both teams. From what I have seen from Detroit in the playoffs, it seems like their 1st line is loaded, 2nd line is solid, but they are lacking in the 3rd and 4th lines. The Detroit D is nails. They are very tough on D and play a very diciplined game. I think Osgood can be beat. If the Pens keep putting the puck on the net and not look for the perfect pass, they will get their chances. Detroit has more experience but I dont think the Pens youth will hurt them. They are much more mature of a team than their ages indicate. I can't wait until sat night.

I expect this series to be phenomenal. Both teams pretty much cruised to the finals. There were a couple of setbacks for each, but, getting to the finals doesn't often come as easily as it did for both of these teams.

I wouldn't exactly call losing one game against the Rangers and the Flyers a setback for the Pens. But yes, that Ranger series could have easily gone either way. Detroit got taken to 7 games by Nashville, who seems to somewhat have their number. Then losing 2 in a row to Dallas. But Pens have played less games and should have fresher legs, but not by much. If I were not a fan of either team, this is the series I would dream of for all the marbles. I hope it lives up to the expectations.

I am really looking forward to this series. It is going to be a tough series for both teams. From what I have seen from Detroit in the playoffs, it seems like their 1st line is loaded, 2nd line is solid, but they are lacking in the 3rd and 4th lines. The Detroit D is nails. They are very tough on D and play a very diciplined game. I think Osgood can be beat. If the Pens keep putting the puck on the net and not look for the perfect pass, they will get their chances. Detroit has more experience but I dont think the Pens youth will hurt them. They are much more mature of a team than their ages indicate. I can't wait until sat night.

Nicely said Max! My main concern is the faceoffs. Detroit is a puck control team and although I have faith in the Pens between the blue lines, faceoffs in our zone killing penalties worries me tremendously. I think you'll see alot of pucks on net from our 3rd and 4th lines whereas the skill lines will still look for the ultimate scoring chances.

One more day !!!!!!!!

:D

Hold on, still in Pistons mode. :D Darin

Ok, now in Wings mode. Should be a good series. Not sure what to expect. Hope to head Downtown tomorrow. Wings and Tigers playing downtown and Pistons 1/2 hr North plus some nice weather, should be a nice Saturday Night. :brew: