[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any good new songs out right now?

Ziachild007

I'm putting some more songs on the Ipod and was wondering if there was anything you all might recommend that I might not have heard. Ad previously discussed, I listen to pretty much all genres. TIA. :wacko:

Edited by Ziachild007

My 3 song playlist right now...

On the offbeat but still mainstream side:

On the not-mainstream-but-could-be side:

On the very offbeat side with no shot at mainstream side:

I dig that Vampire Weekend tune.

Liked the Vampire Weekend (cool video, too) and really liked the Centro-matic, but the Werewolf was a little too different for me.

Right now I'm hooked on the album 'Bamnan and Silvercork' by Midlake. I would also recommend the most recent Panda Bear album titled 'Person Pitch'. That's all I got right now, good luck.

Liked the Midlake, listened to a few of their songs, like the Cocorosie, the Panda Bear wasn't something I could get in to. Maybe it was just the few songs I listened to though.

Ryan Bingham's "Bread and Water"

Actually I got the Mesacalito CD a couple of weeks ago. Bingham sounds like he just smoked about 5 packs of cigarettes, but I still dig his music. :wacko:

Into the Wild Soundtrack - Eddie Vedder

Hard Sun (video from movie)

Loved all of them!

Again, thanks for all of the suggestions and keep em coming if you come across more.

Actually I got the Mesacalito CD a couple of weeks ago. Bingham sounds like he just smoked about 5 packs of cigarettes, but I still dig his music. :D

Again, thanks for all of the suggestions and keep em coming if you come across more.

Yeah, he sounds like an old, haggard, run-down cowboy but the dude looks like an Abercrombie & Fitch model. :wacko: Cool sound to him, though.

Here's some names from the Stingaree Music Festival down in Crystal Beach (the reason for my delays in ATAP :brew:).... Hayes Carll, Corb Lund and Sideshow Tramps.

:D

I liked Werewolf best of the three. The other two were meh at best IMO, which isn't saying much. :wacko:

-DD21

Midlake from Dallas/Denton Texas? I know those guys. Weird.

Yep, that's them. They write some damn good songs. I really like the album I mentioned above. Their newest album (Trials of Van Ocupanther) isn't as good IMO but has a few gems (Young Bride is a good tune).

So, in what capacity do you know them?

the whole Vampire Weekend album is rather good.

It was a total travesty that album got no love at Oscar time, but stinking "Enchanted" had TWO syrupy songs nominated. :D

:D The Oscars are a deplorable sham, especially when it comes to the music catagories.

:wacko: as you were.