[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Pit Bull Attack

Double Agent

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people own these dogs? Pitt Bull Attack

First of all, I own a Pit and they are wonderful, loyal dogs. They are the most misunderstood dogs in the world. Since they are powerful they are trained by crackheads to attack and be vicious. These dogs are not naturally aggresive at all. So just because you hear of pit attacks doesnt mean they are bad dogs.

I wish they can have a statistic on how dog attacks. I bet you pits are on the bottom of the list but since they are powerful when they do actually attack they can be lethal. Also, add to that stat how many of these pits were trained to kill.

Why do people own these dogs? Ignorant comment. They are wonderful animals.

First of all, I own a Pit and they are wonderful, loyal dogs. They are the most misunderstood dogs in the world. Since they are powerful they are trained by crackheads to attack and be vicious. These dogs are not naturally aggresive at all. So just because you hear of pit attacks doesnt mean they are bad dogs.

I wish they can have a statistic on how dog attacks. I bet you pits are on the bottom of the list but since they are powerful when they do actually attack they can be lethal. Also, add to that stat how many of these pits were trained to kill.

Why do people own these dogs? Ignorant comment. They are wonderful animals.

Ignorant comment?? It was actually a question and a very good one - List the reasons why you own a pit bull and you can find other dogs with similar characteristcs that are not as powerful and deadly.

Just my opinion but pit bulls are a useless breed.

Wrong! I know plenty about them and you are living in a dream world if you think all of these attacks are because the dogs weren't raised right.

What do you know about them? I have raised one, my family has raised many. My friends have raised many and they all agree with me. Any dog trainer will also agree (I have asked around). Pits are one of the best dogs out there.

I am not living in a dream. Unfortunately, you have been brainwashed by the media because once they see a pit attack they get a boner and post all the negatives about the breed.

Ignorant comment?? It was actually a question and a very good one - List the reasons why you own a pit bull and you can find other dogs with similar characteristcs that are not as powerful and deadly.

Just my opinion but pit bulls are a useless breed.

Since you are an expert can you give me another breed that has the same characteristics as a pit? I have been around alot of dogs and nothing in my book compares to a Pit.

I guess we should just drop it because when I hear people talking about this breed it strikes a nerve because they follow the media.

Edit to add: Most attacks can be blaimed on their owners not being responsible for their dog. Every dog has its own personality and their owner should be responsible to control that. And, in some cases a dog can snap and kill. That can happen with any animal and they shouldnt be singled out to a pit.

Edited by MrTed46

Since you are an expert can you give me another breed that has the same characteristics as a pit? I have been around alot of dogs and nothing in my book compares to a Pit.

I guess we should just drop it because when I hear people talking about this breed it strikes a nerve because they follow the media.

Never said I was an expert but dogs like German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers are all bigger dogs that are loyal, faithful, protective but I don't think kill like Pits do.

Just name the 3-5 things about a pit bull that makes them endearing that you can't get in a different breed of dog that is not as dangerous.

Edit to add: Most attacks can be blaimed on their owners not being responsible for their dog. Every dog has its own personality and their owner should be responsible to control that. And, in some cases a dog can snap and kill. That can happen with any animal and they shouldnt be singled out to a pit.

I highly doubt a toy poodle could kill you?? :wacko:

Never said I was an expert but dogs like German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers are all bigger dogs that are loyal, faithful, protective but I don't think kill like Pits do.

Just name the 3-5 things about a pit bull that makes them endearing that you can't get in a different breed of dog that is not as dangerous.

When a German Shepherd attacks how will you hear about it? The news will not cover it. When a Pit attacks they are all over it. Thats my point.

When a pit DOES attack yes it can kill because its powerful but that doesnt mean they attack more often than other dogs.

When a German Shepherd attacks how will you hear about it? The news will not cover it. When a Pit attacks they are all over it. Thats my point.

When a pit DOES attack yes it can kill because its powerful but that doesnt mean they attack more often than other dogs.

Why do you think they are all over it when a pit attacks? It is because it happens more often with that breed than any other.

Seriously - what are the main reason why you own a pit bull over a different breed? If there is nothing different than why have one when you know that they are more powerful and more deadly than the other breeds? I love dogs but there is no way I would ever own a pit bull.

I have a pit and a 14 month old baby.

Pits probably are number 1 in attacks in the country, but for the same reason it used to be german sheperds, and before that dobermans.

Those were the 'tough' dogs that idiots would get to compensate for small peckers. If tomorrow the new tough dog is the cockapoo, you can bet your last dollar that they will be responsible for the majority of dog attacks.

Why do you think they are all over it when a pit attacks? It is because it happens more often with that breed than any other.

Seriously - what are the main reason why you own a pit bull over a different breed? If there is nothing different than why have one when you know that they are more powerful and more deadly than the other breeds? I love dogs but there is no way I would ever own a pit bull.

I love everything about Pits. I love their loyalty, their love, their looks, their obedience, their intelligence, their playfullness, their level of energy... More so than any other dog.

I love all dogs. But Pits are my fav and there is no replacement for one.

I'm not so sure that statement is accurate. pit bulls are one dog breed that are still widely bred for visciousness, tenacity, and "gameness" because of their continued widespread use in underground dogfighting. 150+ years ago, that was true of a lot of different breeds (bulldogs, for example). now, those traits have been bred out of most breeds. when is the last time you ever heard of a bulldog attacking a kid? it's not too common these days.

I fully understand that there are a lot of pit bulls (or staffordshires, or whatever their AKC name is) that have been responsibly bred. probably a majority of them out there, though I have no way of knowing that either way. but there are also a lot of them out there that have been bred to kill. not just trained to kill, but bred to kill -- part of their genetic makeup. for that reason, in my opinion, owning a pit bull whose lineage you cannot verify back several generations is an act of extreme recklessness.

People breed the most agressive individuals to each other. I know that happens. I know someone who does it to breed fighting dogs. As far as I am concerned the entire breed should be eliminated.

Stats about dog bites

This is an interesting read, and should shed some light on dog bites...

Thanks for link. I may be wrong on my statistics but I am still adament about the dog. Also, stats can be skewed by crackheads (Vick) getting a pit and training to kill...of course its going to kill

Rottweilers and Pit Bulls were involved in 60 percent of the 27 dog bite fatalities that occurred in 1997 and 1998. Rottweilers were involved in 10 deaths, and Pit Bulls were involved in 6.

Do you guys hate Rotties as well?

People breed the most agressive individuals to each other. I know that happens. I know someone who does it to breed fighting dogs. As far as I am concerned the entire breed should be eliminated.

These people will just find another breed to accomplish their task. These people are sick in the head and you blaim the life of a pit...sad.

your solution is to make pits extinct...thats very sad to me.

Sorry if I over react and I appologize if I attacked anyone on this board. I love life and dogs and I dont like when people judge the breed instead of the deed (I just read that somewhere but cant find the link).

Let me add that in my job I am out and about in all kinds of areas. I have been attacked and had near attacks at least 500 times in the last 15 years. I can tell you that it consists of probably 90% pits, 8% chow, and the other 2 is scattered between blue heelers and mixed breeds. I carry a machete at all times even when I am in town because of this. I swung it at a lot of dogs and hit them over the skull with the dull side as well. It is funny that even the dull side when swung with sufficient force makes them reevaluate their prey. The only dog I have ever tried to kill (and might have) was a chow in Pine Bluff Arkansas. I hit him in the skull about 5 times witht he sharp end of a 2 pound hatchet. It was a good thing I was wearing rattler snake leggings or I would have been in a bad way.

These people will just find another breed to accomplish their task. These people are sick in the head and you blaim the life of a pit...sad.

your solution is to make pits extinct...thats very sad to me.

Sorry if I over react and I appologize if I attacked anyone on this board. I love life and dogs and I dont like when people judge the breed instead of the deed (I just read that somewhere but cant find the link).

So yo uthink they would ultimately breed chihuahuas for pit fighting? Please show me some evidence of anything other than pits used for dog fighting and furnish me evidence of dog fighting before pits became so popular. I know it existed, I just want to see if you can find it.

So yo uthink they would ultimately breed chihuahuas for pit fighting? Please show me some evidence of anything other than pits used for dog fighting and furnish me evidence of dog fighting before pits became so popular. I know it existed, I just want to see if you can find it.

No chihuahuas are not ever going to be made for fighting. I do know dogs in the past have been breed for specific causes. I am not going to get evidence for you because thats not the point I was trying to make and since you know it existed I do not want to do homework for a point that is known.

No chihuahuas are not ever going to be made for fighting. I do know dogs in the past have been breed for specific causes. I am not going to get evidence for you because thats not the point I was trying to make and since you know it existed I do not want to do homework for a point that is known.

Out of curiosity, why do they call them "Pit" bulls?