[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Pit Bull Attack

Double Agent

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude - that's an f'ed up post to his story.

You know, I almost deleted it and realize it's in poor taste. However, it was not intended towards him as much as towards those who, earlier in the discussion, basically said that was the reason why somebody's pit flipped out and wrecked their kid's face. That they failed to establish a proper pecking order in the family by letting the dog sleep on the bed.

I think that's completely f'ed up. The consequence of failing to train your dog perfectly should not be having your kids get mauled. As this was yet another example of somebody's loving and gentle pit doing this, I thought I'd shove that little fact in the faces of those who are so adamantly in favor of pits being great family pets.

My apologies to gpbfan, however. Please understand that I didn't mean to make light of your family's misfortune.

Edited by detlef

You know, I almost deleted it and realize it's in poor taste. However, it was not intended towards him as much as towards those who, earlier in the discussion, basically said that was the reason why somebody's pit flipped out and wrecked their kid's face. That they failed to establish a proper pecking order in the family by letting the dog sleep on the bed.

I think that's completely f'ed up. The consequence of failing to train your dog perfectly should not be having your kids get mauled. As this was yet another example of somebody's loving and gentle pit doing this, I thought I'd shove that little fact in the faces of those who are so adamantly in favor of pits being great family pets.

My apologies to gpbfan, however. Please understand that I didn't mean to make light of your family's misfortune.

I understood what you were getting at the second I read your post and no apologies necessary.

I really can't fathom how parents would allow a pit bull in the house with kids. Now I will admit I have never had kids so I have know real idea what I would be like as a parent but it purely comes down to making a choice. You have a choice to not have a dog and you also have a choice to own a dog that is much much safer for your child. Why you CHOOSE to have a dangeroud unpredictable thing in a childs life is beyond my comprehension.

I understood what you were getting at the second I read your post and no apologies necessary.

I really can't fathom how parents would allow a pit bull in the house with kids. Now I will admit I have never had kids so I have know real idea what I would be like as a parent but it purely comes down to making a choice. You have a choice to not have a dog and you also have a choice to own a dog that is much much safer for your child. Why you CHOOSE to have a dangeroud unpredictable thing in a childs life is beyond my comprehension.

:sigh:

:wacko:

Why you CHOOSE to have a dangeroud unpredictable thing in a childs life is beyond my comprehension.

Many people have dogs, including pit bulls, before they have children and, having never seen any behavior from the dog to suggest any threat, keep the dogs Most of the time, nothing bad happens.

Life is dangerous and unpredictable.

The Marlboro lights?

Killer? Surely you must be talking bout that carton of Marlboro lights sittin on the ledge there?

Listen, Bootsie will kick both yer asses and spit out the leftovers...as soon as she feels like moving out the chair.

ANY dog can be dangerous....the bigger and stronger it is the more damage it can do....teeth are teeth and an animal is an animal...so if you think that a lab or any other "accepted" easy going breed can't go bad then you are fooling yourself.....and fwiw, the Cesar Milan(sp?) might be a bit nuts but he knows what he is doing...

did you know that Royal Standard Poodles were classified as WAR DOGS and used in WW II

Edited by keggerz

ANY dog can be dangerous....the bigger and stronger it is the more damage it can do....teeth are teeth and an animal is an animal...so if you think that a lab or any other "accepted" easy going breed can't go bad then you are fooling yourself.....and fwiw, the Cesar Milan(sp?) might be a bit nuts but he knows what he is doing...

did you know that Royal Standard Poodles were classified as WAR DOGS and used in WW II

Seriously? You do realize going to the "anything can happen" card is tantamount to waiving the white flag.