[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Pit Bull Attack

Double Agent

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My posts in this thread have merely been a vehicle for you to demonstrate once again to everyone here that you are long-winded, self-important, condescending person who cannot debate a topic without resorting to personal attacks.

Before you call me a hypocrite for what I said in the sentence immediately preceding this one, keep in mind that I made my observations not in the furtherance of the debate on this topic. I actually think we have very similar views on the issue of pit bulls. It's just that you are a bit of a jerk.

That is all.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

+1

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

Let's get some things straight:

I don't own any pit bulls. I don't have children.

I would never be responsible for a pit bull or even have one on my property. [i'd say pretty much the same applies to children.]

Based on what I've seen, if I did have a kid, there is no way I would every allow him or her near a pit bull or any dog with which I was not pretty darn familiar.

I know very little about pit bulls and children because I don't have any experience with them; therefore, I am not going to have the audacity to tell people who own/have them that they are wrong.

My posts in this thread have merely been a vehicle for you to demonstrate once again to everyone here that you are long-winded, self-important, condescending person who cannot debate a topic without resorting to personal attacks.

Before you call me a hypocrite for what I said in the sentence immediately preceding this one, keep in mind that I made my observations not in the furtherance of the debate on this topic. I actually think we have very similar views on the issue of pit bulls. It's just that you are a bit of a jerk.

That is all.

Well, that's good to know. Can we infer that all the other times you've taken up useless and indefensible stances that you were similarly doing so to point out the fact that somebody's an arrogant jerk? That certainly means that many of us owe you an apology. See, this whole time we just thought that you were completely full of crap.

Well, that's good to know. Can we infer that all the other times you've taken up useless and indefensible stances that you were similarly doing so to point out the fact that somebody's an arrogant jerk?

I don't know. The fact that you find any stance with which you do not agree to be useless and indefensible doesn't really narrow it down enough to allow me to answer your question. Go ahead and point some of them out to me and I'll be happy to tell you.

I don't know. The fact that you find any stance with which you do not agree to be useless and indefensible doesn't really narrow it down enough to allow me to answer your question. Go ahead and point some of them out to me and I'll be happy to tell you.

Well, reminding us that cars and pools are more dangerous than pit bulls is a fine start...

That you accuse me of thinking anything I don't agree with is useless and indefensible is another. I've had plenty of arguments with people who made fine points that supported stances I didn't agree with. Just not many with you perhaps. Oddly enough, one of them just happens to be another person here often accused of being an arrogant jerk. Go figure.

Well, there's two without having to go very far back.

Besides that, I do recall an argument about the Yankees where you were saying that they represent everything that is wrong with sports and I challenged that they simply represented everything that is both right and wrong with sport and that every other fan base would be thrilled to have an owner that was prepared to spend whatever it took to bring in the best talent? That teams that suck off the teat of shared revenue while pocketing the money rather than providing their fan base with a competitive team deserved the ire more? You mean that one? I mean, I'm sure somebody could make a fine argument to support your stance. You just didn't bother to do so and resorted to the BS name calling that you now accuse me of.

So, whatever, if you want to think you've put me in my place, so be it. I'm having about as much fun arguing with you as I ever have before which, frankly, is not much. So, I'm done now.

Have a nice day.

Well, reminding us that cars and pools are more dangerous than pit bulls is a fine start...

That you accuse me of thinking anything I don't agree with is useless and indefensible is another. I've had plenty of arguments with people who made fine points that supported stances I didn't agree with. Just not many with you perhaps. Oddly enough, one of them just happens to be another person here often accused of being an arrogant jerk. Go figure.

Well, there's two without having to go very far back.

Besides that, I do recall an argument about the Yankees where you were saying that they represent everything that is wrong with sports and I challenged that they simply represented everything that is both right and wrong with sport and that every other fan base would be thrilled to have an owner that was prepared to spend whatever it took to bring in the best talent? That teams that suck off the teat of shared revenue while pocketing the money rather than providing their fan base with a competitive team deserved the ire more? You mean that one? I mean, I'm sure somebody could make a fine argument to support your stance. You just didn't bother to do so and resorted to the BS name calling that you now accuse me of.

So, whatever, if you want to think you've put me in my place, so be it. I'm having about as much fun arguing with you as I ever have before which, frankly, is not much. So, I'm done now.

Have a nice day.

Hot enough for ya?

Hot enough for ya?

Just because I have nothing better to do, I went back and found the thread about the Yankees. Apparently the BS name calling I did was to accuse him of doing his Az impersonation by arguing semantics. :wacko:

As for the stuff I posted in this thread about pit bulls, this guy

I will make the assumption that you are not serious and are fishing??

immediately saw it for what it was and ignored it. As I suspected, our friend detlef could not resist the urge to post a typically verbose and condecending response and include some personal attacks.

Just because I have nothing better to do, I went back and found the thread about the Yankees. Apparently the BS name calling I did was to accuse him of doing his Az impersonation by arguing semantics. :D

As for the stuff I posted in this thread about pit bulls, this guy

immediately saw it for what it was and ignored it. As I suspected, our friend detlef could not resist the urge to post a typically verbose and condecending response and include some personal attacks.

That S.O.B. is lucky that I didn't notice those cheap shots at Roethlisberger at the time !!!!! :wacko:

:D

Back to the topic at hand, and I am sorry if I missed this as I skimmed through this thread, I did a Google search about what percentage of pit bulls actually attack. The only site I found that addressed this specific issue is www.thetruthaboutpitbulls.com, obviously a biased site. But the statistics there cited are as follows:

Although there are no accurate or even near accurate census records for dogs in the U.S., in some populations pit bulls are estimated to comprise some 30-40% of the dog population, making it by far the most popular breed. Considering that there are an estimated 53,000,000 dogs in the U.S., and assuming that pit bulls make up 20% of that population, there would be approximately 10,600,000 pit bulls in our society. In 1998, five pit bulls were involved in 2 fatal attacks. That is roughly one dog out of 2,120,000 - or .00004716 percent of the pit bull Population.

Even if the true number is twice that - one in a million - does that seem like an unreasonable risk?

Back to the topic at hand, and I am sorry if I missed this as I skimmed through this thread, I did a Google search about what percentage of pit bulls actually attack. The only site I found that addressed this specific issue is www.thetruthaboutpitbulls.com, obviously a biased site. But the statistics there cited are as follows:

Even if the true number is twice that - one in a million - does that seem like an unreasonable risk?

From that same site:

It is estimated that there are 60,000 Pit Bulls in the City of Chicago alone. This number is so high because people are breeding them for the wrong reasons. Most of them are living in hostile surroundings. It is an amazing testimony to the breed that although 95% of these animals suffer abuse/neglect, we rarely hear of any problems. One analogy is, if there was a sudden increase of people being injured by red cars, would we ban red cars? No! common sense would dictate that red is more popular color choice

Is Squeegie a writer there :wacko:

I got my pit bull from a pitt bull rescue service. She was a breed dog not a fight dog that was either going to be ripped apart as a training dog when she became baren or euthanized by the city of Dallas. Because of how some human chose to raise her. She's never left alone with the children but I would not leave my children alone with any 50+ pound dog. She's a sweetheart too, BTW.

Some dogs are bad around kids either inherently or due to the way they are raised or due to the fact that some kids don't know how to behave around dogs. At least that's been my experience over my 37 years of life with dogs constantly being a part of it.

Although there are no accurate or even near accurate census records for dogs in the U.S., in some populations pit bulls are estimated to comprise some 30-40% of the dog population, making it by far the most popular breed. Considering that there are an estimated 53,000,000 dogs in the U.S., and assuming that pit bulls make up 20% of that population, there would be approximately 10,600,000 pit bulls in our society. In 1998, five pit bulls were involved in 2 fatal attacks. That is roughly one dog out of 2,120,000 - or .00004716 percent of the pit bull Population.

I think it's safe to say this site is complete bunk. Pit bulls make up nowhere near 20% of the total dog population. I'd be surprised if it was 1%. :D

The fact of the matter is that when a fatal dog attack makes the news, it's almost always a pit bull. Those are pretty long odds and help demonstrate the problematic nature of the breed. :wacko:

I think it's safe to say this site is complete bunk. Pit bulls make up nowhere near 20% of the total dog population. I'd be surprised if it was 1%. :wacko:

I've been trying to find out what the breakdown really is for the dog population in the US and can't find stats on this.

I think it's safe to say this site is complete bunk. Pit bulls make up nowhere near 20% of the total dog population. I'd be surprised if it was 1%. :D

The fact of the matter is that when a fatal dog attack makes the news, it's almost always a pit bull. Those are pretty long odds and help demonstrate the problematic nature of the breed. :wacko:

According to this, it refers to pit bulls or pit bull mixes being 20% of the animal-shelter population, but this is a much bigger percentage than the dog population as a whole as they are surrendered at a much bigger rate.

Squeegie - It is not just the amount of times a dog attacks or bites it is the outcome of that attack that also has to be considered.

I have been snapped at or bitten by dogs 100's if not 1000's of times - mostly from an angtry cockapoo that loved to bite feet in the middle of the night if you dared move. I just checked and I still have ten toes and ten fingers both cheeks and my face. If this would have been a pit bull I am guessing I would have been seriously injured if not killed. That is the main difference.

Would you rather be "attacked" by a cockapoo 10 times or a pit bull once?

Just checking, because you're such a complex person. Can I be so honored to think that you're still making these arguments to point out how arrogant I am?