[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Pit Bull Attack

Double Agent

Squeegie - It is not just the amount of times a dog attacks or bites it is the outcome of that attack that also has to be considered.

I have been snapped at or bitten by dogs 100's if not 1000's of times - mostly from an angtry cockapoo that loved to bite feet in the middle of the night if you dared move. I just checked and I still have ten toes and ten fingers both cheeks and my face. If this would have been a pit bull I am guessing I would have been seriously injured if not killed. That is the main difference.

Would you rather be "attacked" by a cockapoo 10 times or a pit bull once?

I would choose a pit bull once....for the obvious gheynous of even associating with anything with a cack and poo in it.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the breeds most often involved in incidents of sufficient severity

to be listed, pit bull terriers are noteworthy for attacking adults almost

as frequently as children. This is a very rare pattern: children are

normally at greatest risk from dogbite because they play with dogs more

often, have less experience in reading dog behavior, are more likely to

engage in activity that alarms or stimulates a dog, and are less able to

defend themselves when a dog becomes aggressive. Pit bulls seem to differ

behaviorally from other dogs in having far less inhibition about attacking

people who are larger than they are. They are also notorious for attacking

seemingly without warning, a tendency exacerbated by the custom of docking

pit bulls' tails so that warning signals are not easily recognized. Thus

the adult victim of a pit bull attack may have had little or no opportunity

to read the warning signals that would avert an attack from any other dog.

Citing a study published by Applied Animal Behavior Science, the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph reported that one in five dachshunds has bitten or tried to bite strangers, and one in 12 has shown aggression toward its owners.

Pretty disturbing stat if you have a baby or child small enough that a dachshund could actually do real damage to him/her.

Do we have a stat like this on pit bulls?

One in _____ pit bulls has bitten or tried to bite strangers, and one in _____ has shown aggression toward its owners.

Pretty disturbing stat if you have a baby or child small enough that a dachshund could actually do real damage to him/her.

Do we have a stat like this on pit bulls?

One in _____ pit bulls has bitten or tried to bite strangers, and one in _____ has shown aggression toward its owners.

gawd bless lawyers - you all are great - they kill and maim people every day like no other breed and you want effing statistics :wacko:

here is one I found - from Dog Bite P Bulls

This breed is variously cited as being responsible for nearly a third of all fatal dog attacks in the United States, in part due to its tenacity in a fight. Pit bulls cause one-third of dog-bite related fatalities while only make up less than 2% of the dog population

I personally know too many Pit Bull owners that have had their dogs go ballistic for no reason and have had friends come way too close to getting attacked - a big no thanks - I won't even go near one.

gawd bless lawyers - you all are great - they kill and maim people every day like no other breed and you want effing statistics :wacko:

here is one I found - from Dog Bite P Bulls

This breed is variously cited as being responsible for nearly a third of all fatal dog attacks in the United States, in part due to its tenacity in a fight. Pit bulls cause one-third of dog-bite related fatalities while only make up less than 2% of the dog population

I've seen that site before. I didn't see that it answered my question.

so what do you guys think about these pit bulls? pretty dangerous?

I think nowhere near as dangerous as a few of the people in here who were nearly killed by all the fish jumping in the boat.

:wacko:

i don't know, they sound pretty dangerous. i'd like to hear from some others on this.

Dude they're no where near as dangerous as Asbestos.

I would choose a pit bull once....for the obvious gheynous of even associating with anything with a cack and poo in it.

:wacko: