[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R.I.P. Richard "Aqualung" Fremer

MikesVikes

I just got into the office & this hit me like a sledgehammer.
I am so numb right now.

This is exactly how I feel.

I haven't been as frequent around here as of late and when I got on when I got home and saw this thread, my heart dropped and the only thing that came to mind was "oh no"...I am terribly sorry for Mrs. Aqua and family for Rich's passing. :wacko:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aqua posted once that he was about to go on vacation - the Florida Keys, I believe.

I said: " I hate you."

He responded: :D

For some reason, that throwaway post (among thousands of throwaway posts) has stuck with me for years. Thinking of it brought a smile to my face every time I read an update on his condition.

I'm not ashamed to say I've got tears in my eyes as I post this. My deepest condolences to Audrey and the rest of the Aqualung family. May he rest in peace. :wacko:

Awesome man, so cool.

Im sorry I missed the news earlier. Aqua was a long time member here, and while I didnt know him personally, he will still be missed as much as if I did. May God bless Audrey and her family with the strength to get through the most difficult time in your life.

If you ever need support, please feel free to come on here and ask for it. Heck, if you need someone to talk to, get on here and any one of us would be more than happy to help you out.

RIP Aqua - 5-16-08

No big deal, but I'm running a 5K tomorrow morning in honor of Dennis McHugh, a member of the NYFD that died on 9/11/01. I will write Aqua's name on my bib.

Dude that is a big deal. However minor it might seem to some, I think its a great idea. Put on there "RIP from everyone at thehuddle". :wacko:

Ill find a way to commemorate him as well.

I always wanted to meet him because in this post

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry681574

He mentioned about him finding old bottles and we would have shared that in common. It was three years ago and I still remember that about him. He was the only one that looked for old homesteads like I have.

No big deal, but I'm running a 5K tomorrow morning in honor of Dennis McHugh, a member of the NYFD that died on 9/11/01. I will write Aqua's name on my bib.

:D:wacko:

Good stuff Hugh! I'm enjoying the music as I type! Aqua hears it also!

I can't .................dammit.......................

All I can say is:

Rest in peace, Rich.

Audrey.......you have my deepest condolences!

Done! :D

This is a real sock in the gut.

This is my feeling right now.

I was just thinking yesterday, "Hey....I have the new little car...maybe I'll tool on over to Da Burgh, take Audrey to lunch and pop in on Rich. Maybe get Skippy, Max, et.al. to meet us. Get some serious karma going for Rich."

Now I keep thinking, "I should've gone two weeks ago with the old car." :wacko:

Audrey,

You and your family are in our prayers. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Just so very sorry.

Please visit us from time to time here at the Huddle.

Rich,

Be at peace, my friend. Wish we could have been in at least ONE league together! :D

The pain is now gone and Aqua can now rest in peace. I am very sorry for your loss Audrey. Thank You so much for allowing us to bring a smile to Rich's face in his final days with us. God Bless you Rich!

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

We lost a great member of the Huddle today. Audrey lost a great husband today. I lost one of my longest Huddle friends today.

I will very much miss Aqua and I am very happy that we did bring plenty of smiles to his face in his last few weeks. You people made me very proud to be a Huddler with the donations, the cards, the gifts, and the prayers. Tonight I will say one more prayer that I have from when my parents died that a priest told me was the prayer to help get them into Heaven.

Rest In Peace by long time Huddle buddy. You will be missed around here.

Audrey, I am really sorry for your loss. Please keep my phone number and never hesitate to call me for anything. Also, feel free to keep Rich's computer logged in here at the Huddle and join us on this message board anytime that you desire.

Skippy, if you can find the time, could you please PM me that prayer? I'd like to say it myself.

Very nice touch Hugh. I Watched and listened to the whole thing.

Rest in peace Rich. :wacko:

Audrey, you and yours have my deepest sympathy. Rich touched hundreds upon hundreds of people here at the Huddle. Hundreds of shoulders are here to lean on. Hundreds of ears are here to listen to you. Hundreds of voices are here to speak to you. Hundreds of souls are here praying for you. Please take advantage when the time comes that you need friends to talk to. Because of Rich, there are hundreds of us here for you in your times of need. God Bless.

I don't often frequent the tailgate these days, and was not aware Aqua was ill.... I found out from a fellow Huddler via a phone call just this evening. He was always a character, and I enjoyed reading his shctick. Very sad news. He and his family will be in my prayers. We have all lost something with his passing.... obviously some more than others, but he will be rememebered by many, including myself. His legacy will live on, in so many ways... that he isn't really gone at all, just passed.

Audrey, while I am a stranger to you, I wish you strength and fortitude at this most difficult of times. God bless you and your family.

A very sad day for the Huddle. My thoughts go out to Aqua's family during these very trying times. I'm very sorry for your loss. :wacko:

Well said. A sad day indeed. I envision death as an endless nap and I hope for Aqua's sake this is true. A long, well deserved nap.

We lost a great member of the Huddle today. Audrey lost a great husband today. I lost one of my longest Huddle friends today.

I will very much miss Aqua and I am very happy that we did bring plenty of smiles to his face in his last few weeks. You people made me very proud to be a Huddler with the donations, the cards, the gifts, and the prayers. Tonight I will say one more prayer that I have from when my parents died that a priest told me was the prayer to help get them into Heaven.

Rest In Peace by long time Huddle buddy. You will be missed around here.

Audrey, I am really sorry for your loss. Please keep my phone number and never hesitate to call me for anything. Also, feel free to keep Rich's computer logged in here at the Huddle and join us on this message board anytime that you desire.

Skippy..You did an amazing job rallying everybody for Rich. You should be proud of yourself for such a selfless act and great exhibition of friendship. The huddle would not have been able to reach out to Aqua the way we did if it wasnt for you. :wacko: Good on you bro