[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R.I.P. Richard "Aqualung" Fremer

MikesVikes

Being new to the boards, I never had the pleasure of getting to know Richard AKA Aqualung. Reading this thread, however, makes me wish I had. Deepest condolences go out from my family to the Fremer family.

I've been a member of another site for almost 10 years and recently we had a very well respected member go through a harrowing tragedy that made me stop and think about the bonds and friendships one can make over the internet. I used to think it silly that people could bond so easily over a keyboard, but that has dramatically changed. This person was accidentally shot in the face and spent months in a hospital recovering from his wounds. After numerous re constructive surgeries, he has pulled out and we are eagerly awaiting his return to the fray. The thing that stood out to me about this, was the MASSIVE support he received from fellow FF players via cards, letters, phone calls and even fat heads sent to him in his hospital room. At last count, the card count alone topped 50. Thats amazing to me.

In short, I hope you are able to appreciate the bonds and friendships Richard obviously made in this tight nit and protected community. I hope it can bring a smile to your face knowing he has touched lives many people don't realize can be made by simply being apart of something like FF.

It warms my heart that there are so many responses and that the friendships made here are very real and not hidden behind computer screens.

Again, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Edited by tazinib1

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad news indeed.

RIP Aqua. You will be sorely missed here that's for sure.

Audrey, Rich was well respected and well liked on these boards. Our loss leaves a void around here that will never be replaced. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Skippy, I cannot say how much what you did was way above and beyond. You will be rewarded one day.

Mahalo Rich for all memories.

I haven't been active here on the main boards for a long time, but visiting my league board and finding WW's thread and learning this news, hurts.

It always hurts when the good ones are called home.

I'm thankful for the time I had to know and competed against Rich in The Legacy.

:D RIP Auqualung! Watch over your family and enjoy a good laugh at all of us Huddlers as you sit next to the greats of the gridiron past. Tipping a brew with the likes of Lombardi and Alworth on Sunday, enjoying the action while those you have left behind must rise to yet another week (sometimes after too much embibing) while you have risen to a place that we can only hope to aspire!

God bless your family and your spirit Aqualung! You and yours are in our prayers! :wacko:

I can't say that I knew Aqualung too well. We didn't PM or email each other or anything but I did pay attention when I'd see his name attached to a post. He was well respected, good natured and fair. He was part of the very fabric of the huddle. I never saw him hazing a new huddler and taking part of a pissing contest. Quite to the contrary, I saw him as somebody who'd call somebody out on silly hazing. I also saw him as somebody who valued the huddle for its intelligent conversation and the relationships it afforded and someone who put himself out there to keep the enviroment friendly.

He'll surly be missed. I cannot imagine how much he'll be missed by those who truly knew him.

Audrey,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I am the guy that sent Rich all those Nexium coupons over the last few years, until I got him that permanent discount card last fall. He always promised that yall would stop in and visit me on your way down to Florida sometime. I am sorry that never got to happen. My condolences to you and your family.

Jeff

Being new to the boards, I never had the pleasure of getting to know Richard AKA Aqualung. Reading this thread, however, makes me wish I had. Deepest condolences go out from my family to the Fremer family.

I've been a member of another site for almost 10 years and recently we had a very well respected member go through a harrowing tragedy that made me stop and think about the bonds and friendships one can make over the internet. I used to think it silly that people could bond so easily over a keyboard, but that has dramatically changed. This person was accidentally shot in the face and spent months in a hospital recovering from his wounds. After numerous re constructive surgeries, he has pulled out and we are eagerly awaiting his return to the fray. The thing that stood out to me about this, was the MASSIVE support he received from fellow FF players via cards, letters, phone calls and even fat heads sent to him in his hospital room. At last count, the card count alone topped 50. Thats amazing to me.

In short, I hope you are able to appreciate the bonds and friendships Richard obviously made in this tight nit and protected community. I hope it can bring a smile to your face knowing he has touched lives many people don't realize can be made by simply being apart of something like FF.

It warms my heart that there are so many responses and that the friendships made here are very real and not hidden behind computer screens.

Again, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Nice post. :D

We ARE a FAMILY, maybe more than any other website! AND it's been proven time and time again.

I welcome you to this family. :D Maybe it's not my place to say this, but I truly love this place and have been around long enough to be bold..

Solid people, with solid feelings.

WELCOME!

rr26

PS:

Spain.....nice seeing you, regardless of the bad times. I hope the July 4th thing is still on this year! :wacko:

Edited by rocknrobn26

I've always been a believer in the sentiment that you can guage the success of a person's life by how many people come together at the moment of his or her passing. If this sentiment has any merit, the support and sympathy shown here at The Huddle for Aqua indicates he led a blessed life.

RIP Richard.

I never played in any leagues with Aqualung, and never really conversed with him on the boards, but being a long-time Huddler, I've known of him for 10 years, and what a great guy he was. He will be missed. Rest in peace, Rich.

It is a testament to a man's character when people who have never met him in person are profoundly effected by his passing.

Our condolences.

Very true and powerful statement

Though I did not know Aqua, I am greatly moved by all the outpouring. Because of that, I feel connected to him in some form. Rest in peace Aqua. Lord, hold tight his family and comfort them at this time and those to follow.

Though Aqua is not around, never let his light die. It should shine through you even brighter now. Never put that fire you feel inside you out, for that is HIM looking and speaking through you.

I am deeply sadened for your loss.

I can't say that I knew Aqualung too well. We didn't PM or email each other or anything but I did pay attention when I'd see his name attached to a post. He was well respected, good natured and fair. He was part of the very fabric of the huddle. I never saw him hazing a new huddler and taking part of a pissing contest. Quite to the contrary, I saw him as somebody who'd call somebody out on silly hazing. I also saw him as somebody who valued the huddle for its intelligent conversation and the relationships it afforded and someone who put himself out there to keep the enviroment friendly.

He'll surly be missed. I cannot imagine how much he'll be missed by those who truly knew him.

Very well said :wacko:

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm typing this with tears in my eyes, both, due to the loss of a great Huddler, as well as the pride I feel for being a part of this great family here at the Huddle.

Last night, went out to dinner with my wife and son. After a while my wife just stopped and said, "Alright what's going on... you're just not yourself lately?" I told her that besides all of our personally related stress, that we at the Huddle were all reeling at the loss of Rich. She just put her arm on my back and said, "I'm sorry honey." It was enough to make me tear up again. :wacko: