[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R.I.P. Richard "Aqualung" Fremer

MikesVikes

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad news - RIP Aqua, you will be missed. :wacko:

It is a testament to Aqua to see how many old-time Huddlers are showing up on this thread, tells you everyhting you need to know about the kind of impact he made here. Condolences and prayers to Audrey and Aqua's entrie family.

No big deal, but I'm running a 5K tomorrow morning in honor of Dennis McHugh, a member of the NYFD that died on 9/11/01. I will write Aqua's name on my bib.

Picture of the 5K race bib.

I had a lot of people ask me who Aqua was when they saw my bib. I told them a friend of mine from Pennsylvania who passed away from lymphoma at the young age of 55. So a lot of people expressed their condolonces and sympathy for Aqua and his family, and I wanted to pass that on to Audrey and the rest of the Fremer family. I didn't know Dennis McHugh, the firefighter that this run is in honor of, but I will run this race every year going forward as my own private remembrance to Aqua.

I had a lot of people ask me who Aqua was when they saw my bib. I told them a friend of mine from Pennsylvania who passed away from lymphoma at the young age of 55. So a lot of people expressed their condolonces and sympathy for Aqua and his family, and I wanted to pass that on to Audrey and the rest of the Fremer family. I didn't know Dennis McHugh, the firefighter that this run is in honor of, but I will run this race every year going forward as my own private remembrance to Aqua.

Most excellent tribute.

Very cool, Hugh One!

I am very happy today after talking to the florist up there in Brokway that I selected to take care of us. The way she described what she has done for us and telling me that come tomorrow when I see it with my own eyes, I am going to be very, VERY, happy. :wacko: She said that she has made Audrey a few plants as well based on what she very much knows about her and her love of plants. She did describe everyting down to the angle arangement and the stone arangement but I can't put it the way she did. I just know that this lady is doing us very well with this funeral and she knows all about us based on talking to Audrey.

I have said it before but I am going to say it again. Today, I am very proud to be a Huddler. I am very proud of my fellow Huddlers. You guys are great.

Excellent! :D A small but powerful tribute!

TY, Hugh! :wacko:

Very cool, Hugh One!

I am very happy today after talking to the florist up there in Brokway that I selected to take care of us. The way she described what she has done for us and telling me that come tomorrow when I see it with my own eyes, I am going to be very, VERY, happy. :D She said that she has made Audrey a few plants as well based on what she very much knows about her and her love of plants. She did describe everyting down to the angle arangement and the stone arangement but I can't put it the way she did. I just know that this lady is doing us very well with this funeral and she knows all about us based on talking to Audrey.

I have said it before but I am going to say it again. Today, I am very proud to be a Huddler. I am very proud of my fellow Huddlers. You guys are great.

Great job Skip, my friend! :brew:

If you can get a pic of the flowers it would be nice, but not necessary. Is that sacrilegious? Just thinking ahead and I mean no disrespect.

If you can get a pic of the flowers it would be nice, but not necessary. Is that sacrilegious? Just thinking ahead and I mean no disrespect.

You know I was wondering the same thing and was going to make a post and ask. Audrey is the sort of person that I am sure would no way mind or be offened but I just am not sure if that is too tacky or what. :wacko:

You know I was wondering the same thing and was going to make a post and ask. Audrey is the sort of person that I am sure would no way mind or be offened but I just am not sure if that is too tacky or what. :wacko:

Check with the florist & see if you can get a picture before it goes to the funeral home.

Thank you all for the beautiful arrangements you sent! Our whole family was very touched. It was a very long hard day today, but I felt like you were all there with us and it really helped. We have a closed casket - I wanted all of Rich's family and friends to remember him like he used to be. We had framed photos all over the top of the casket and we had a collage of pictures set up on an easel, plus we set up his laptop to run a slide show of all the pictures of him - from the time he was little to just this past year. I am having trouble going to bed tonight knowing I have to say my final goodbye tomorrow to my best friend. So that's why I'm here. I'm having a glass of wine and feeling like I'm with all of Rich's friends. Your support and kindness has been overwhelming. And to Hugh One, thank you for the tribute on your race bib. I'll show the picture to the kids. Again, thank you all so much.