[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 U.S. Open

Double Agent

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Does the guy just hit it so far that he makes up for it rarely being on the fairway?

His distance helps...no question. He's so strong that the rough doesn't affect him like it does most. But his biggest asset (aside from his putter) is his long irons. So if he hits a bad tee shot (assuming the lie is decent), he can put a 4 iron on average as close as most pros can their 7 iron. But when it's said and done, his putting makes him the best ever. I've never seen anyone make so many crucial putts.

His distance helps...no question. He's so strong that the rough doesn't affect him like it does most. But his biggest asset (aside from his putter) is his long irons. So if he hits a bad tee shot (assuming the lie is decent), he can put a 4 iron on average as close as most pros can their 7 iron. But when it's said and done, his putting makes him the best ever. I've never seen anyone make so many crucial putts.

Tiger's the best putter in the world. Those greens at Torrey are like glass. Anybody that can sink pressure putts the way he does deserves a BIG :wacko::D:D:D !!!!

+1 They've been bugging me for a while.To me, it seems the golf media just gets down on their knees when mentioning Woods :wacko:

Tiger used to drive me crazy. I'd root for anyone playing against him. I've really come to appreciate how good he is.

I don't follow golf, but since I'm home with my son today, I thought I'd watch. First nine holes were interesting.

But what about the next nine? ESPN switched to soccer. Is the rest of the course on TV?

It's on NBC now.

I work from home so I have the luxury of watching... although I'm not too big of a golf fan. Watching a bit though, as it's pretty exciting seeing guys go head to head for all the marbles like this.

I'm so glad you guys are getting alittle taste of golf in San Diego. This city is such an AWESOME place to hold venue's of this magnitude. Now if we can only get the SB back we'd be aight.

Meh. 33 years in SoCal was enough for me. But yeah, that course is nails. Hope the weather holds up for the remainder of the week. Will be out in SoCal Wed-Fri. Funny thing is, talked to my Pops yesterday and he said it was pretty warm. Like 75 degrees. Yeah, that's our LOW temp this week. :wacko:

Keep the updates coming. I usually work from home, but, I'm at our Hackettstown site this week............. :wacko:

P.S. :D Go Rocco !!!!!

Edited by Menudo

Rocco drains a 20 footer for birdie to take the lead after 15.

:wacko:

I like Tiger, but, I'm really pulling for the Pittsburgher in this one......

Edited by Menudo

And almost nails a monster putt from the rough. Got 'er close though.

Holy crap, then Tiger almost hits his long putt (from just off the rough). Edit... literally an inch from dropping.

Tiger +1, Rocco even after 16.

Edited by darin3