[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst beer you ever had

Atlanta Cracker

tried an offering from dogfish head called "festina peche" this weekend, and thought I was going to be in for a real treat -- labelled a "neo berliner weisse" with peach extract. when it first hit my taste buds, I was like :wacko:. the fruit was there, but in an incredibly tart way. very lame effort as a weisse as well -- very thin with hardly any head, body, carbonation or malt profile. by the end of the first bottle I was sorta understanding what they trying to get at, maybe, but overall it was just not a very enjoyable brew.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samuel Adams..... :wacko: ..........their commercials are even worse with the two ghey brewers gettin wood together and then the Top Flamer with the azs target glasses lubin it up from his desk..... :D

why do you hate puddy?

Exactly. Now I haven't bought a 12 of Sam's in a few months (I've been enjoying the fine offerings of Magic Hat and Flying Dog for the most part), but to call it one of the worst beers seems a little crazy.

Different strokes...

Abouth the only time I drink a Sam Adams lager is if I'm at an airport or some kind of chain restaurant where it's the one "good" beer. Althought it's a last resort kind of thing, I hardly consider it bad, as I pass on the domestics to drink it.

I think Samd Adams Octoberfest is very underrated. :wacko:

tried an offering from dogfish head called "festina peche" this weekend, and thought I was going to be in for a real treat -- labelled a "neo berliner weisse" with peach extract. when it first hit my taste buds, I was like :wacko:. the fruit was there, but in an incredibly tart way. very lame effort as a weisse as well -- very thin with hardly any head, body, carbonation or malt profile. by the end of the first bottle I was sorta understanding what they trying to get at, maybe, but overall it was just not a very enjoyable brew.

this is the beer of month where I'm in the 100 beer club...here's their write-up

July Glass of the Month

Dogfish Head Festina Peche

This month's glass of the month special features one of the most unusual styles we have attempted yet. Festina Peche is a Berliner Weiss style beer flavored with peach concentrate from our friends at Dogfish Head brewery. Dogfish Head is known for their off-centered ales and we are featuring their beer in an off-centered glass. Cloudy-it's unfiltered and also contains yeast in the bottle-dirty straw blonde, topped with a thin, dissipating white foam lace. Husky with a light peach aroma. Light-bodied, a bit coarse around the edges, and a creamy carbonation. Tart and juicy peach flavors, nectarine skins, and Granny Smith apples flavors offer a lively citric smack on the palate. It's a lightly hopped beer, so any hop character or bitterness is masked by the tartness, and there's virtually no sweetness. Crisp as hell, and the dryness cuts to the bone. And after all of the commotion, there's a thin malt base left behind, with a touch of wheat and sourness, in a surprisingly clean and more-ish finish.

• 2 weeks later...
nothing tastes as bad to me as bud.. just can't stand it

It's not so much the taste of Bud, it's the after affects. I call it Headache Beer. Never fails to give me an awful headache. Now I can drink othe stuff from AB, even Bud Light, but regular Bud has some kind of deathly headache ingredient in it. I simply will drink nothing rather than drink Bud.

This thread brings back memories of college.

Once got Fokking Beer but that wasn't the worst.

This may have been- Olympia and they had the worst slogan ever- "It's the water" :wacko:

Edited by Zooty

King Cobra

this stuff was pretty dang awful

Years ago, my friend and I once decided to see what all the malt liquor fuss was about; we got two 40s of King Cobra for the Sunday game of Week 1. Toe met leather, we cracked our beers . . .

. . . at the end of the first series we agreed the crap we kind of looked at each other and agreed the stuff was not fit to drink.

Peace

policy

My favorite Malt Liquor Crazy Horse

I actually got one with chunks once. :wacko:

Oh man, one night I thought it would be funny to get ghetto drunk. Went to a party store in Pontiac (michigan) and a couple people wondered out loud what a white boy was doing in the store. I picked up a 40 of Crazy Horse High Gravity Lager and Camo Black Ice XXXXX. I ended up booting on someone's lawn, worst hanger over since college.

• 1 month later...
I don't like this thread but my girlfriend said she could relate :wacko:

:D I would say the worst was also the first, Colt 45 - I suspected that furniture polish probably tastes better and avoided being "cool" by drinking beer for a long time after that.

What the hell is wrong with you?

If Billy D. Williams likes it, it must be good. :D