[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The giant flushing sound

SLAYER

that you heard was the flushing of New York teams of having any hopes of making the playoffs this year. They both need to retool their teams and plan on playing spoilers(if even that is possible).

Edited by SLAYER

that you heard was the flushing of New York teams of having any hopes of making the playoffs this year. They both need to retool their teams and plan on playing spoilers(if even that is possible).

Alittle too early for me. Six games coming up next week 4 w/Sux 2 w/Rays. After that we can talk chances.

• 3 weeks later...

:wacko:

:wacko: Lets Go Bucs !!!!

After looking at the topic of this thread, it very well could have been about the Pirates taking their yearly midseason swim around the toilet bowl. They are tanking once again. Surprised? Meh.

After looking at the topic of this thread, it very well could have been about the Pirates taking their yearly midseason swim around the toilet bowl. They are tanking once again. Surprised? Meh.

Well, they got swept following the break, but, have come back with two wins. They are still heading in the right direction and playing good baseball considering the talent that they have.

Joba and Mariano were awesome the other night. Beckett too. That was a great game to watch for a person who is a fan of neither team.

I hate the Yankees. Every year is the same - slow out of the gate, talk of multiple crises and then a second half that gets them to the playoffs with games to spare. The only good thing is that they consistently lose then (for the last 8 years or so anyway).

The sooner a proper salary cap is put in place, the better.

I hate the Yankees. Every year is the same - slow out of the gate, talk of multiple crises and then a second half that gets them to the playoffs with games to spare. The only good thing is that they consistently lose then (for the last 8 years or so anyway).

The sooner a proper salary cap is put in place, the better.

The Yankees are a paradigm of capitalism at work.

Why do you hate America?

Hey Shiek, Wagner blows another good Johan performance. What does the bullpen have against Johan, that they can't hold his leads. Looks like we have another Met fade coming because:

Your bullpen blows.

Edited by SLAYER

Hey Shiek, Wagner blows another good Johan performance. What does the bullpen have against Johan, that they can't hold his leads. Looks like we have another Met fade coming because:

Your bullpen blows.

Saw an interesting stat on another board yesterday. Given a reasonable set of circumstances on offense and bullpen, Johan SHOULD be 17-4 this year. The fact is, Johan is still pitching as well as he did with the Twins. He either hasn't had the run support or bullpen support and that's why he's 9-7.

Saw an interesting stat on another board yesterday. Given a reasonable set of circumstances on offense and bullpen, Johan SHOULD be 17-4 this year. The fact is, Johan is still pitching as well as he did with the Twins. He either hasn't had the run support or bullpen support and that's why he's 9-7.

Being a Johan owner I know all to well what he should be and what he actually is. He went something like 9 or 10 straight starts with either a loss or no decision because of lack of offense or sucky bullpen. Truth, also is he is no longer a power strikeout pitcher.

Being a Johan owner I know all to well what he should be and what he actually is. He went something like 9 or 10 straight starts with either a loss or no decision because of lack of offense or sucky bullpen. Truth, also is he is no longer a power strikeout pitcher.

You're right about the Ks, that's plain for all to see on the stat sheet. Twins didn't try very hard to keep Johan because they were concerned about the number of years he wanted plus it would have reduced their flexibility too much, of course, being a small market team. Where the Twins went wrong was overplaying the Johan trade hand although I'm still optimistic Gomez will pan out and one of the other three will become a big league player.

Johan is still a serious asset to the Mets - they have to figure out how to strengthen their aging offense and get some better bullpen arms. Sanchez and Schoenweis ain't cutting it.

Your bullpen blows.

It's kinda funny how every time Wagner blows a save they schedule an MRI.

"There must be something wrong with him!!!"

Yeah, he's 5 years older than the pitcher he was in Philadelphia. Heilman is a disaster, and Duaner Sanchez can't seem to step up his performance in high leverage situations. It's disappointing, but IMO, no one is beating whichever team comes out of the Central anyway. . .so :wacko:

If Joba misses more than 2-3 starts the Yankees are sunk. They just do not have anybody that can replace Joba. The best they got is Hughes coming off the DL and who knows how that is going to work. They will have to score 8 runs or more two out of every five games just to have a chance at winning. don't know if they can handle a Joba injury.

Well, they got swept following the break, but, have come back with two wins. They are still heading in the right direction and playing good baseball considering the talent that they have.

Now Nady goes to the Yanks and Bay goes to the Bosox. You know how sick and tired I am of hearing "...considering the talent that they have.." They have had talent in the past and yet again this year, but they continuously rid themselves of it. And don't tell me about the prospects they got. If these prospects turn into bonafide Major Leaguers, then they eventually end up somewhere else as well. Makes me ill. Same old story. 9 games under .500 and sinking fast.

Now Nady goes to the Yanks and Bay goes to the Bosox. You know how sick and tired I am of hearing "...considering the talent that they have.." They have had talent in the past and yet again this year, but they continuously rid themselves of it. And don't tell me about the prospects they got. If these prospects turn into bonafide Major Leaguers, then they eventually end up somewhere else as well. Makes me ill. Same old story. 9 games under .500 and sinking fast.

The Pirates are like a farm team for the contenders