[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All the pressure is on Hasek

Lerxst

The way I see it, all the pressure in this Det/Col series is on Hasek, not Roy. If Colorado loses, Roy still has his 4 Stanley Cups. His position as the greatest goalies ever is intact, regardless of the outcome of this series. As for Hasek, he needs to win a Cup to really be considered one of the greatest ever. Sure, he has all awards and everything, but postseason success has been fleeting for him. Some may say that he has never had a great team in front of him, but Roy won 2 Cups with Montreal and those teams were not exactly dominant teams. Those were very good teams that Roy lifted up and won a Cup for, something Hasek was unable to do in Buffalo.

Bottom line is that if Detroit wins this series, Roy is still the greatest goalie ever and Hasek takes a big step in establishing his place among the all-time greats. However, if Colorado wins, Roy furthers his legend and Hasek goes home with yet another postseason failure. All I have to say is that Detroit better win their home games because Hasek has been crappy on the road in the playoffs so far(12 goals allowed in the last 3 road games).

Lerxst:

All I have to say is that Detroit better win their home games because Hasek has been crappy on the road in the playoffs so far(12 goals allowed in the last 3 road games).

that's all you have to say? then we can count on not having to hear any of your anti-hasek drivel from here on out? Thank you Thank you. BTW, have you run into any Blues out on the links? wink

Guest Azazello13

i dunno, the way i see it...the more pressure roy puts on himself, the better he performs. so i WANT roy to feel like the pressure's on him. and considering the fact that hasek is roy's one contemporary that people have been calling "the best in the game" for a while, winning vezinas and harts and the like, i DO anticipate that roy will feel like he's got something to prove.

that said, there obviously IS a ton of pressure on hasek as well. probably more than on roy. but we know how roy reacts to pressure...how will hasek??

I think facing Hasek in the Western Conference finals against the Wings, will be plenty of motivation/pressure for Roy.

As far as Hasek handling the pressure- he's done it in the past winnning a Gold medal- which I'm guessing is even more pressure than the playing for the Cup for European players.

redwings.cup

that's all you have to say? then we can count on not having to hear any of your anti-hasek drivel from here on out?  Thank you Thank you.  BTW, have you run into any Blues out on the links? wink [/QB]

I am not anti-Hasek. I simply point out the facts and the facts are that Hasek has been a bit inconsistent in these playoffs. Pointing out the FACT that Hasek has allowed 12 goals in Detroit's last 3 road games is a FACT, not an opinion or anti-Hasek drivel.

"It's the playoffs, I'll do anything to beat him," Hasek said. "For me, there is something to prove, because in the playoffs, his record is much better than mine."
Nice to see the Dominater acknowledge there is something there... also nice to see him rise to the occasion. :D

Hasek quote in story