Sign in to follow this  
irish

Looking to start a Simple Redraft League for NJ, NY, NYC, PA, CT Huddlers

I'm trying to gauge interest for maybe this year (it's not too late yet) and if not next year, for a NJ, NY, NYC, PA, CT Huddlers' League with the idea of even holding a LIVE draft. I would do it with as few as 10 owners and up to 16 owners.

Sunday, August 17th is looking like our best option at this point.

Currently, these are the huddlers that are either in the league or are very close to joining and the dates that work the best for them.

Irish- 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24 (I have plans)

The Wolf

A fireman The Wolf knows in Hoboken

Tally- Aug. 9-17

Stormchasers- Aug. 9, 10, 17, 24

Dennys Vipers

G. K. Trey

Hugh-Mongus

Rovers

LosGatosEnFuegos- 16, 17, 23, 24, 30

Going Madd and

JetFan4Life (last 2 are members from another MB, if we get other Huddlers we'll keep it here)- 17, 23, 24, 30, 31

Gros Membres (just might be able to pull it off after all)

Other Possibles for this year or next

Currently looking- Stormchasers might have a few guys in mind.

Waiting List

Flypaste

Front Row

Skrappy1

Rhippens

Mr.Ted

I am the Swammi

** Dates- These are the dates that we'll most likely have to work with, (all in Aug) and on Sat. night or Sun.- 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 or 31. If we had to we could do the 9th or 10th but I'd rather wait til later.

**Location for the Live Draft- My first thought is possibly Hoboken, NJ as it would sort of be a happy medium for PA and NY huddlers. If need be we could move it.

Just to be a bit more specific in terms of rules, scoring, etc. Again this is a redraft league.

**Standard scoring with PPR- 1pt- 10 yards rush/rec, 20 yards pass, 6 pts- rush/rec tds, 4 pts- pass tds, 1PPR, kicking pts standard as are 2 pt. conversions. Team defense would be pretty standard as well- something like 2pts-int, 1pt-sacks/fumble rec, 6pts-tds. Not sure if I'd do a point system for how few points defenses give up.

**Rosters- 16-18 rounds (we'll decide) starting 1QB, 2-3RBs, 2-3WRs, 1TE, 1K and 1 D.

**A blind bidding system will be used as I believe it's the fairest system. All owners would start with a certain amount (ex. $100) that would be used on only players that are bid on during the BB period. Once that money is gone, owners can only pick up players during FCFS. Blind bids would start on Sunday at 1PM and the bidding period would end on Wed. night at 9PM and players would be assigned to the highest bidders. FCFS would then begin at 9PM on Wed and last until Sunday at 1PM.

**All transactions will be free unless a majority of owners felt differently. All trades would be processed unless collusion could be proven.

** Schedule- 14 Regular season weeks. Playoffs begin in Week 15- Seeds 1 and 4 play and 2 plays 3. Week 16 is the Championship game (for the winners) and game for third place (for the losers). Three places will be paid out.

** Entry Fee- Some of you have mentioned going with a slightly higher Entry Fee which would be fine by me. I mentioned $25 in the first post but would be fine if we bumped it up to say $40-50.

Everything I mentioned here and more is open for discussion and league vote if the majority feels strongly enough that change or modification is needed.

Thoughts...

If any other Huddlers are interested let me know by posting here or sending me a PM.

Edited by irish

bump as this fell pretty quickly.

Where in Jersey? I'm in Hoboken and may be interested in a live draft (only have 1 live in the 5 leagues I am in and that one is an auction).

Where in Jersey? I'm in Hoboken and may be interested in a live draft (only have 1 live in the 5 leagues I am in and that one is an auction).

Not sure as it would have to be agreed on. However, I'm in central Jersey. Most of my family comes from the Bayonne/Jersey City area and my wife's family came from Hoboken. I'm actually eating dinner in Hoboken tonight at the Melting Pot for my wife and I's Wedding Anniversary.

We'd have to get about 8-10 more interested members.

Edited by irish

Figured I'd bump this again and maybe others would show interest. As of now it's just

Irish

Wolf

Let's see what we can do. It's a very basic, fun league with a small Entry Fee.

ETA: If we need to, we could extend this league to people who live in NYC (maybe even Philly huddlers) who can make it to some part of Jersey for a LIVE draft. :wacko:

Edited by irish

ETA: If we need to, we could extend this league to people who live in NYC (maybe even Philly huddlers) who can make it to some part of Jersey for a LIVE draft. :wacko:

I think this would work...that opens it up a ton more...plus it's a great way to meet some more Huddlers.

Irish, update the thread title to include the NY, NYC, PA, CT aspect.

I think this would work...that opens it up a ton more...plus it's a great way to meet some more Huddlers.

That's what I thought as well.

Irish, update the thread title to include the NY, NYC, PA, CT aspect.

I can't edit the title but I will ask BJ to do so while I change the other info in the original post. Thanks Wolf.

That's what I thought as well.

I can't edit the title but I will ask BJ to do so while I change the other info in the original post. Thanks Wolf.

NP. I would like another live draft. Only have one live, my local, an auction. This could be a nice little addition and have the benefit of meeting more local Huddlers.

NP. I would like another live draft. Only have one live, my local, an auction. This could be a nice little addition and have the benefit of meeting more local Huddlers.

I agree and hope other local huddlers do as well and want to give this a shot.

Come on man! NO ONE in this area is interested? Live Huddle draft??

would be interested--live about 40 miles north of philly-only problem is that i am on the road mon thru thru nights- so a draft night during the week would be out for me-if you still need an active member and will be dradfting on fri-sat-sun- please let me know--dennysvipers@comcast.net--thanx,denny

would be interested--live about 40 miles north of philly-only problem is that i am on the road mon thru thru nights- so a draft night during the week would be out for me-if you still need an active member and will be dradfting on fri-sat-sun- please let me know--dennysvipers@comcast.net--thanx,denny

Well, you'd make 3 owners willing to give it a shot. It'd be a pleasure to have you aboard. Now if we can only get 7 more. I'd say if we could pull it off for this year, we could try and isolate one of these two or three weekends to grab a day/night...

Aug. 15-17

Aug. 22-25

Aug. 29-31

But we're getting ahead of ourselves here. Let's see if others are interested.

3 or 4 Huddlers currently debating joining. So let's go and see if we can fill this up!!! 12 would be great but we'll go with 10 this year if we can get it.

So, other than myself, The Wolf, Dennys Vipers, a few others through PM have shown interest and I have another guy interested. So we have about 5 out of 10/12, halfway there. Who else?

About 3 spots left, anyone else interested...

Currently, these are the huddlers that are either in the league or are very close to joining and the dates that work the best for them.

Irish

The Wolf

Tally- Aug. 9-17

Stormchasers

Dennys Vipers

G. K. Trey

I am the Swammi

Hugh-Mongus

Gros Membres (won't be able to make a live draft-schedule conflicts)

Rovers and

Going Madd (only member not from this MB, if we get other Huddlers we'll keep it here)

** Dates- These are the dates that we'll most likely have to work with, (all in Aug) and on Sat. night or Sun.- 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 or 31. If we had to we could do the 9th or 10th but I'd rather wait til later.

**Location for the Live Draft- My first thought is possibly Hoboken, NJ as it would sort of be a happy medium for PA and NY huddlers. If need be we could move it.

Just to be a bit more specific in terms of rules, scoring, etc. Again this is a redraft league.

**Standard scoring with PPR- 1pt- 10 yards rush/rec, 20 yards pass, 6 pts- rush/rec tds, 4 pts- pass tds, 1PPR, kicking pts standard as are 2 pt. conversions. Team defense would be pretty standard as well- something like 2pts-int, 1pt-sacks/fumble rec, 6pts-tds. Not sure if I'd do a point system for how few points defenses give up.

**Rosters- 16-18 rounds (we'll decide) starting 1QB, 2-3RBs, 2-3WRs, 1TE, 1K and 1 D.

**A blind bidding system will be used as I believe it's the fairest system. All owners would start with a certain amount (ex. $100) that would be used on only players that are bid on during the BB period. Once that money is gone, owners can only pick up players during FCFS. Blind bids would start on Sunday at 1PM and the bidding period would end on Wed. night at 9PM and players would be assigned to the highest bidders. FCFS would then begin at 9PM on Wed and last until Sunday at 1PM.

**All transactions will be free unless a majority of owners felt differently. All trades would be processed unless collusion could be proven.

** Schedule- 14 Regular season weeks. Playoffs begin in Week 15- Seeds 1 and 4 play and 2 plays 3. Week 16 is the Championship game (for the winners) and game for third place (for the losers). Three places will be paid out.

** Entry Fee- Some of you have mentioned going with a slightly higher Entry Fee which would be fine by me. I mentioned $25 in the first post but would be fine if we bumped it up to say $40-50.

Everything I mentioned here and more is open for discussion and league vote if the majority feels strongly enough that change or modification is needed.

Thoughts...

Edited by irish

Gros Membres probably won't be able to make it has his work schedule conflicts. So let's go Huddlers, someone else step up.

Another bump. We have about 10 but 2 of those and maybe more would like to see this be a 12-team league. Both Stormchasers and I believe Swammi would like to see 12 teams. So let's see if we can get a few more guys.

And to those that I sent the PMs to about draft dates and location please get back to me.

LosGatosEnFuegos has joined the already studly crew of Huddlers we have here. We are on the verge of getting this league up and running. We definitely have 10 guys and may have even a few more than that before all is said and done. Hopefully, now we can all come to a concensus on the draft date. Location shouldn't be a problem.

Let's see what happens.

LosGatosEnFuegos has joined the already studly crew of Huddlers we have here. We are on the verge of getting this league up and running. We definitely have 10 guys and may have even a few more than that before all is said and done. Hopefully, now we can all come to a concensus on the draft date. Location shouldn't be a problem.

Let's see what happens.

I make the draft 10x more studly. :wacko:

I'm at my local draft (also in Jersey) on the 31st, so that is right out for me. There's discussion of moving the Practice Squad Huddle Ladder draft to the 10th and making it a faster draft, but I think if it gets moved up it would most likely remain a slow draft. Even still, I could manage two (assuming there's wifi at the draft spot). Also the Interboard League draft will still be in the thick of things that weekend.

So to sum up, I cannot do the 31st. I would prefer not to do the weekend of the 10th, but certainly could if need be. I'm cool with anywhere from $25 - $50.

I hope we can get this together. I'm looking forward to meeting some Huddlers for the first time. :D And this would be my only live draft other than my local.

I make the draft 10x more studly. :wacko:

I'm at my local draft (also in Jersey) on the 31st, so that is right out for me. There's discussion of moving the Practice Squad Huddle Ladder draft to the 10th and making it a faster draft, but I think if it gets moved up it would most likely remain a slow draft. Even still, I could manage two (assuming there's wifi at the draft spot). Also the Interboard League draft will still be in the thick of things that weekend.

So to sum up, I cannot do the 31st. I would prefer not to do the weekend of the 10th, but certainly could if need be. I'm cool with anywhere from $25 - $50.

I hope we can get this together. I'm looking forward to meeting some Huddlers for the first time. :D And this would be my only live draft other than my local.

Excellent LGEF! I hope we can make it work as well because we're just about at the number that I and several others wanted to be at- 12 teams. So now it's just a matter of settling on a draft date as the location really shouldn't matter much. I need to talk to DMD so that he can create a Forum for this league, even if for whatever reason it stalls because I'll be working on it for next year in that case.

We have to create a league name now...

Excellent LGEF! I hope we can make it work as well because we're just about at the number that I and several others wanted to be at- 12 teams. So now it's just a matter of settling on a draft date as the location really shouldn't matter much. I need to talk to DMD so that he can create a Forum for this league, even if for whatever reason it stalls because I'll be working on it for next year in that case.

We have to create a league name now...

What states are represented?

What states are represented?

As of now- NJ, NY and PA.

As of now- NJ, NY and PA.

Tri-State Somethingorother. East Coast Somethingorother. Northeast Somethingorother. What region is between mid-Atlantic and New England? North Atlantic? That doesn't sound right.