[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's up with 33?

Hugh 0ne

Man, as great as he is sometimes he's just a friggin moron. 2 horrible giveaways in back to back games. And the 3rd goal off the boards was a disaster. Wings in 4 if he doesn't get his head out of his arse. Say what you will, but if the 'Lanche lose tonight it's all on Roy's shoulders.

Roy is killing me as now we'll have to listen to moron.cup babble about what a great, well thought out and perfectly executed goal the 3rd one was. wink

OK, now the 'Lanche beat the Wings with a disaster of a game from Roy. This is bad news for the Wings. The question is if Roy can turn this thing around.

BTW, who was it that said Drury was due to step it up?

HUGH ONE:

OK, now the 'Lanche beat the Wings with a disaster of a game from Roy. This is bad news for the Wings. The question is if Roy can turn this thing around.

BTW, who was it that said Drury was due to step it up?

I don't know that I'd say disaster. A pretty evenly played game, but Roy really sucked tonight. This definetly didn't add to his aura of invinsibility.

Drury is the new Wing killer with Deadmarsh gone to L.A. Beautiful goal, left Hasek's jock on the right corner of the post.

I'm sure the Wings will be disappointed they let this one slip away, but they're veteran enough to get the job done in Denver.

Foosball God:

Beautiful goal, left Hasek's jock on the right corner of the post.

LMAO.

I also agree about the Wings being solid enough to come back. However, I really think you have to take advantage of opportunities in the playoffs, and they let 2 soft goals from Roy go to waste. They may not get another gift like this.

Guest Azazello13

well the espn guys sure were ripping on him. he pulled a big-time boner on that maltby short-hander, but i don't think you can blame him too much on the flukey lidstrom goal. he doesn't know where the puck is there, just that it's coming hard off the end-boards and all he sees is yzerman wide open on his right. so his reaction is to jam his pad out and close up the short side low on the rebound. but he kicked it in. that's just cr@ppy luck more than anything.

if the flukey goals and lucky bounces ever start evening out in this series, the wings could be in pretty big trouble. for the avs to come out of all that tied 1-1 bodes well.

btw, chris drury has ICE in his veins. did you see how cool he was with the puck on his stick right in front of the net in OT?? dude's like morpheus in the matrix the way the game just slows down for him the more clutch the moment. GB having a guy like that on your team.

I think Roy will be much better in game 3 so it'll be just that much harder for the Wings to win. Hasek has looked brilliant at times but hasn't been all that spectacular either.

The Wings need to get it done in regulation because the Avs just seem to have their number when it comes to overtime. frown

Azazello13:

btw, chris drury has ICE in his veins.  did you see how cool he was with the puck on his stick right in front of the net in OT??  dude's like morpheus in the matrix the way the game just slows down for him the more clutch the moment.  GB having a guy like that on your team.

Of course, Morpheus from the Matrix would have more than one goal in the last seven games, but yeah--that was a great move.

Peace

policy

Foosball God:

BTW, did you guy see when Forsberg went for McCarty's knee?  The Blake hit at the end boards was clean but it sure looked like Forsberg reached out to nail McCarty.    thumbs_d

After watching the game, I don't recall the Forsberg hit, when did it happen? I'll have to watch the replay. ESPN also cut off right after the game and did not show the Chelios-Kaspar altercation at the end. Anyone see what that was all about?

HUGH ONE:

Foosball God:

BTW, did you guy see when Forsberg went for McCarty's knee?  The Blake hit at the end boards was clean but it sure looked like Forsberg reached out to nail McCarty.  thumbs_d 

After watching the game, I don't recall the Forsberg hit, when did it happen? I'll have to watch the replay. ESPN also cut off right after the game and did not show the Chelios-Kaspar altercation at the end. Anyone see what that was all about?It was just a short while before the Blake hit on McCarty at the end boards, if I recall the time period correctly, it was over near the bench.

The Chelios Kasparitis thing was just Chelly blowing off some steam, nothing major.

Guest Azazello13
policyvote:

Of course, Morpheus from the Matrix would have more than one goal in the last seven games, but yeah--that was a great move.

it's not about quantity with drury, it's about quality. as a wings fan, you ought to know that by now.

Guest Azazello13
Foosball God:

BTW, did you guy see when Forsberg went for McCarty's knee?  The Blake hit at the end boards was clean but it sure looked like Forsberg reached out to nail McCarty.    thumbs_d

he took out his leg from behind. that's not something that causes an injury, like the knee-to-knee hits when guys are going in opposite directions. coulda been a 2-minute tripping penalty or something, but not much else.

funny also that you describe chelios taking a 10-minute misconduct after the game was over as "just blowing off some steam".

Azazello13:

he took out his leg from behind.  that's not something that causes an injury, like the knee-to-knee hits when guys are going in opposite directions.  coulda been a 2-minute tripping penalty or something, but not much else.

IMO you don't go for a guy's legs when he's off-balance ever. thumbs_d

Azazello13:

funny also that you describe chelios taking a 10-minute misconduct after the game was over as "just blowing off some steam".

Of course he got the misconduct, he started a fight after the game had ended. Nothing significant came out of it so yes I think that qualifies as blowing off steam.

Azazello13:

Foosball God:

BTW, did you guy see when Forsberg went for McCarty's knee?  The Blake hit at the end boards was clean but it sure looked like Forsberg reached out to nail McCarty.      thumbs_d

he took out his leg from behind. that's not something that causes an injury, like the knee-to-knee hits when guys are going in opposite directions. coulda been a 2-minute tripping penalty or something, but not much else.

i agree on both counts, none of the rough stuff meant a lot at this point. Forsberg's hit could have been a tripping or roughing, but was not some out of the playoff ordinary event. ditto chelly. i would say both teams played well. lidstrom's goal was lucky, but in the flow of a tight game you do make your luck. evenly matched at this point, but to be truthful, i expected the wings to take 2 in motown due to the rest issue. also though the captain would be close to healed and larionov would be playing some smart d. this is a 7 game war,,,,,,

Just curious -

Doesn't it bother Detroit fans in the least that Yzerman is looking like he is flat out running on E? The guy just doesn't look like he has much left, and if he can't skate, Forsberg is going to have a field day the rest of the series.

Bronco Billy:

Just curious -

Doesn't it bother Detroit fans in the least that Yzerman is looking like he is flat out running on E?  The guy just doesn't look like he has much left, and if he can't skate, Forsberg is going to have a field day the rest of the series.

He played over 20 minutes and wasn't a defensive liability, so I'm not worried yet. He actually looked better in game 2 than in game 1.

Bronco Billy:

Just curious -

Doesn't it bother Detroit fans in the least that Yzerman is looking like he is flat out running on E?  The guy just doesn't look like he has much left, and if he can't skate, Forsberg is going to have a field day the rest of the series.

i thought he played great position defense. i'm not worried about our Captain, at least not yet.I was hoping the knee would get better with the week off, but it looks as if it will continue to bother him a lot.

check this out from the Free Press concerning Steve's situation

http://www.freep.com/sports/redwings/drew2...21_20020521.htm

Courtjester:

I look for a great game tonight--Drury has to show up sometime and I think tonight

will be his night.

Don't mean to toot my own horn but.....

I have to say though, I thought when Roy gave that 2nd one up--we were in serious trouble.

I was listening to the Fox guys and their basic

point was if you take the 3rd period in Game 1

away from Detroit, then Colorado has basically

outplayed them 6 out of 7 periods. (I would put

it more like 5 out of 7 IMO).

Detroit is in trouble, plain and simple. They do not look like a team that has had a week off. They

look tired already and with two games at altitude,

they need to pray for a split.

I think the other thing that needs to be really put home is that Colorado got a split with Roy stinking it up in net. He has not played his best

games yet.

3-1 going back to Detroit???

Detroit has only had maybe 1 or 2 great games in the playoffs so far(game 4 against the Canucks and game 5 against the Blues). Other than that, Detroit has not looked very impressive. Hasek has not looked any better than any of the goalies Detroit has had in net for them in the last 5 or 6 years and his average postseason stats prove that. Roy too, has not been that good in playoffs. He has had some great games, but he has had some stinkers. He has come up big when Colorado needed him most, but if he continues to play like that, Detroit will beat them.

Guest Azazello13
Bronco Billy:

Just curious -

he's been out there against sakic a lot, and they were able to cover yzerman up defensively in game 2 (in game 1 yzerman got torched by sakic and hejduk several times). stevie seemed to be stronger in game 2 than in game 1, IMO. it's definitely an issue for the wings, but i'm sure he'll be there doing what he can (still a lot) as long as the series goes.

Guest Azazello13
Courtjester:

that's right! then the wings will win a desperation game 5 in (cough, cough) "hockeytown" and the avs will close 'em out in 6!

Courtjester:

Detroit is in trouble, plain and simple. They do not look like a team that has had a week off. They

look tired already and with two games at altitude,

they need to pray for a split.

Boy 1 Overtime victory and suddenly it's the Avs up 3 - 1 after the Denver road trip???

It's nice to see all the Avs fans back around after a victory. :D