[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit is in trouble

Lerxst

Patrick Roy has 2 bad games in a row and all Detroit could manage was a split at home? Roy started slow in the both the LA and SJ series, but he got stronger in both of those and I believe he will in this one as well. As for game 3 tonight, does anyone really think Roy is going to have 3 bad games in a row?

Also, Scotty Bowman better light a fire under the butts of Shanahan, Federov and Robitaille before it is too late. Sure, Bowman is the greatest hockey coach ever, but he seems to be having a problem getting some of his best players going. Perhaps he has lost his touch. After all, most coaches could get a team with Detroit's talent this far, but getting them over the hump is what makes a great coach. It is time to see if Bowman still has it.

Real good points. Another thing that does not bode well for Detroit tonight is that Colorado has been on the receiving end of very favorable calls at home by the officials. I think the officials have tried to even out the calls in this

series so far, but I think it will be interesting to watch this tonight.

Key player tonight will be Sakic. I look for him to go off tonight.

Hasek hasn't looked all that great either so I think the goalie thing is a wash.

Tonight is a key game, but the real pivital game won't be until Sat. Whoever loses tonight faces a must win in game 4.

I look for Shanny to get on the board tonight, he's had plenty of shots and some good looks, it's only a matter of time before one goes in.

And as always Forsberg is the key player for the Avs, stop Forsberg and you have a good chance of beating Colorado.

policy's Keys to the Game:

* Hasek: if Hasek can step it up, the Wings win.

* Yzerman: how effective can he be? He's got to be able to skate better than he has been able to so far.

* Non-scoring scorers: whichever team can get their overdue guys in gear will have a great chance of taking it.

Peace

policy

I know that thus far home ice has not meant much throughout these playoffs. Still, I think the Avs must take the next two games to win this series. If Detroit gets a split here it is a three game series with Detroit having the home ice advantage. Frankly that, coupled with Bowman's intimidation of the Refs, and Detroit's talent level, and I think the Wings win. On the other hand if Detroit goes home down 3-1 I think they start doubting themselves, listening to the aches in their aged joints, and they start reserving tee times.

obviously if detroit goes down 3-1 it's 95% over. Ditto if the avs find themselves in that hole. The key game really is game #4 for the reasons outlined above. I think Hull and Shanny are going to be keys to tonight's game, especially Hull on the even strength/5 on 5 situations. I also believe the Wings will be quicker in the neutral zone (Datsyuk/Federov coming back to the puck more....). Prediction? 3-2 Wings

redwings.cup:

obviously if detroit goes down 3-1 it's 95% over. Ditto if the avs find themselves in that hole.  The key game really is game #4 for the reasons outlined above. I think Hull and Shanny are going to be keys to tonight's game, especially Hull on the even strength/5 on 5 situations.  I also believe the Wings will be quicker in the neutral zone (Datsyuk/Federov coming back to the puck more....). Prediction?    3-2 Wings

LOL! If the Wings were slower between the blue lines the Avs would have to be careful not to trip over their aged asses moving through the zone. Talk about going out on a limb :D

loco

Guest Azazello13

5-3 avs tonight!

with the way the avs' speed and creativity on offense has once again exposed detroit's blueline (happens every time they meet in the playoffs), the avs are going to score some goals unless hasek plays absolutely out of his skull. detroit's best chance is to outgun them...i really think they'll need at least 4 or 5 goals tonight to win. it could happen, but i think the champs are all over this one tongiht. brow

Even after 2 games, I can't get any handle on this series. Extremely compelling hockey, every game appears a coin toss. Wings are probably hungrier for a Cup, but the Avs are playing a lot looser than last year, when it was the 'Cup or Bust' mentality the Wings are dealing with this year.

The Avs only seem to bring their 'A' game when the're backed into a corner- which will probably cost them one of these next 2 games. One of these games the predicted goalie duel will finally break out - but I doubt it will be tonight. Should be a high-scoring, up-and-down, Eurpoean-style affair. I'm just enjoying the ride. :D