[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Dark Knight

godtomsatan

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that went and saw the midnight showing???

If I had 3 thumbs, all would be way up. 12 on a scale of 1 to 10. Unbelievable how good and entertaining this movie is!!!

If you had 3 thumbs you'd have more girlfriends than sense. :wacko:

I admit I'm not the biggest Batman fan...but Heath as Joker blew Jack Nicholson's out the water (and I'm a hugh Nicholson fan). However, his role was about the only great thing about the movie. Christian Bale is still stiff and wooden, Maggie Gyllenhaal cannot pull off a role of this magnitude, the others (Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine) were excellent, but not in the movie long enough. However, I must save the worst critique for Aaron Eckhart in his Harvey Dent/Two Face role -- he was extremely uninspiring. It may have been because Heath absolutely stole the movie. Excellent job by him and not because he's dead. It was definitely above average, but not as good as Ironman IMO.

Definitely worth a see, however.

I admit I'm not the biggest Batman fan...but Heath as Joker blew Jack Nicholson's out the water (and I'm a hugh Nicholson fan). However, his role was about the only great thing about the movie. Christian Bale is still stiff and wooden, Maggie Gyllenhaal cannot pull off a role of this magnitude, the others (Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine) were excellent, but not in the movie long enough. However, I must save the worst critique for Aaron Eckhart in his Harvey Dent/Two Face role -- he was extremely uninspiring. It may have been because Heath absolutely stole the movie. Excellent job by him and not because he's dead. It was definitely above average, but not as good as Ironman IMO.

my expectations are above Ironman...this would be somewhat of a letdown because I have Batman Begins above Ironman and would expect TDK to be better...

my expectations are above Ironman...this would be somewhat of a letdown because I have Batman Begins above Ironman and would expect TDK to be better...

Iron Man is a solid piece of entertainment.

The Dark Knight is a masterpiece of filmmaking and storytelling.

Obviously there is a lot to be said for Ledger's perfomance, and it will be the focus and centerpiece of discussion (for the rest of eternity, no doubt), however the story, the writing, the visuals, the pacing, the action sequences, the twists and turns and complications that the audience goes through.....it's breathtaking. This is a great film. I don't think there's a lot to compare Iron Man with....

Easily one of the best movies I've ever seen in my life. Heath Ledger as the Joker was perfect. He was psychotic and sadistic, yet humorous.

Blowing up the hospital, driving the semi, I just had to laugh. Then when he made the pencil disappear, I just thought "holy sh!t"

All the twists and surprises and all the action scenes just make this an epic movie IMO. I saw it twice yesterday and can't wait to see it again (and I'm not that much of a theater-goer).

I saw it last night. I liked it and was surprised that it had so much original content. It wasn't your usual re-hashing of what you already saw before. It was well played. My wife and I stayed to watch most of the credits and I didn't see any Heath Ledger memories which surprised me a little bit.

Edited by MikesVikes

movie of the year right here....just got back from watching and it was just nonstop for almost 3 hours.....

+1. A bunch of folks are trying to say not quite as good as Ironman or Spiderman, but those 2 films (which I enjoyed) should not even be considered in the same breath with this movie. Christopher Nolan is one of the best directors out there right now....

Godammit!!

I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't see this movie without her. She isn't due back from Costa Rica until next Sunday. I may cheat and tell her I didn't see it and pretend how exited I am to see it upon her return. :wacko:

I guess I'm just not as much a nerd Batman fans as you guys. Kinda like how Star Trek is a million times better than Star Wars. :wacko:

Masterpiece of filmmaking, best movie seen in your life? Wow. When Heath was onscreen, it was incredible. When he wasn't (which was loooong stretches), meh. I thought Batman was wooden and methodical. Two-faced kinda sucked. It was definitely way above average of your typical summer popcorn movie, but it didn't exactly change my life.

Maybe you guys are the ones that wear the Batman costumes to the movies? :D

I guess I'm just not as much a nerd Batman fans as you guys. Kinda like how Star Trek is a million times better than Star Wars. :wacko:

Masterpiece of filmmaking, best movie seen in your life? Wow. When Heath was onscreen, it was incredible. When he wasn't (which was loooong stretches), meh. I thought Batman was wooden and methodical. Two-faced kinda sucked. It was definitely way above average of your typical summer popcorn movie, but it didn't exactly change my life.

I thought Oldman, Eckhart and Bale all held up really well in the movie...all the while the Joker cut through the movie like a flippin bullet...

I like to go to the movies in something a little more comfortable. A batman suit's a little too rigid in the groinal area. :wacko:

Edited by SheikYerbuti

There's already a better superhero film out than Iron Man, and it's called The Hulk. Better story, better acting. Even Liv Tyler tried to ruin that film and she couldn't. Is it easier to like a rowdy RDJr with a scotch than a brooding Ed Norton? Sure. But it isn't necessarily better acting. And what they did with Blomsky in that film on his way to becoming the Abomination vis a vis his development was surely better than throwing Jeff Bridges into a bigger,badder suit (powered by a device he couldn't invent, so...what about the interface?) and calling it a day for the 'finale fight.'

I'm seeing TDK tomorrow at IMAX.

BTW - anyone caught the Watchmen trailer yet? It looks fantastic, but I still can't help but think "it better be seven hours long." :wacko:

I'm going to agree with TimC here. There needed to be more Joker and less Harvey Dent in this movie. Did they really need to have the Two Face character in this movie? I never read the comics so I don't know if it's supposed to follow that story line. That seemed to be unnecessary IMO, and made the movie longer than it needed to be. It's definately worth seeing, but temper your expectations.