[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Dark Knight

godtomsatan

I admit I'm not the biggest Batman fan...but Heath as Joker blew Jack Nicholson's out the water (and I'm a hugh Nicholson fan). However, his role was about the only great thing about the movie. Christian Bale is still stiff and wooden, Maggie Gyllenhaal cannot pull off a role of this magnitude, the others (Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine) were excellent, but not in the movie long enough. However, I must save the worst critique for Aaron Eckhart in his Harvey Dent/Two Face role -- he was extremely uninspiring. It may have been because Heath absolutely stole the movie. Excellent job by him and not because he's dead. It was definitely above average, but not as good as Ironman IMO.

Definitely worth a see, however.

I pretty much agree with my Southern brother Tim.

I was pretty tired of hearing about Heath Ledger and how his Joker performance was Oscar worthy, of course, assuming it was a heartfelt nod to Ledger and his untimely demise. I must say, Ledger stole the show. He was outstanding as the Joker and made the movie.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EASILY the best superhero movie I have ever seen. I've seen them all- most suck, a bunch are really good and few are great. This movie was fantastic, from Lumberg getting it at the bank to Jokers magic trick to the mis-directed internet leak "death" of a major character, I loved every minute with an amazing ending. I'm going to see this one again in the theater, a rarity for me, but I must see this spectacle on a large screen one more time.

Just got back from it...

Ill echo what most have said here in my own words... Ledger made it the great movie it is. 2 Face was kinda cool since I remember him from the cartoons. It was a really good movie, but there were some things that were just kinda meh to me. For one, (dont worry, no spoilers here) the cell phone thing was kind of lame.

Bottom line - If you wanna see one of the best acting jobs I have ever seen (Ledger), go see this. He makes the Joker the villian he should have always been. Very dark, eery, comical, and super psycho.

It was kind of wierd seeing Super Man play a part in it though.

J/k :wacko:

Great movie, I was a little disappointed in the finale with the Joker but I see where they were coming from with the two-face ending. It works well for the ending and sets up the next movie nicely. Gives you great direction on how the dark knight will be perceived.

I'm going to agree with TimC here. There needed to be more Joker and less Harvey Dent in this movie. Did they really need to have the Two Face character in this movie? I never read the comics so I don't know if it's supposed to follow that story line. That seemed to be unnecessary IMO, and made the movie longer than it needed to be. It's definately worth seeing, but temper your expectations.

Harvey Dent completed the Joker in this movie and made the Joker every bit the lunatic he really is...

It was definitely above average, but not as good as Ironman IMO.

I don't think this is that crazy of a statement. Outside of being superhero movies and alter egos, there are very different movies tonally speaking. Ironman was light and funny, TDK was dark and brooding. Both very good films and we are really lucky to get such shinning examples of superhero movies within the same year.

I'm going to let TDK set in a bit before I decide which I like better, but they were both strong films.

Took my grandson today and we both thought it was great. I haven't seen Ironman or the Hulk but IMO, hands down better then any Spiderman ,(they each got worse and worse), X-Men, and the first Batman (that Bale was in).

Oh, and better then any Star Trek move I have ever seen.... :wacko::D

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

First off....fantastic movie!! The best movie I've seen this year. I will definitely see it again.

The performance by Ledger in this movie will make him a legend. He will be this generation's James Dean.

I don't recall James Dean ever taking it in the balloon knot in any of his films. . . .:wacko:

Possible super minor spoiler.......

I have a off the wall question?

The black gang leader guy, who speaks up at the meeting with the TV, and puts the bounty on the joker, who is he?

I thought it was Roy Jones Jr., but I cannot confirm or deny that I am right.

Best move since rotk, maybe better. I might even be better than Wrath of Khan. Anyway, it is one of the best movies I have ever seen. They might as well destroy ever batman movie ever made and keep this one.

BTW, if you think Ledger wasn't stoned out of his gourd while filming you are as crazy as that frikkin nurse.

Possible super minor spoiler.......

I have a off the wall question?

The black gang leader guy, who speaks up at the meeting with the TV, and puts the bounty on the joker, who is he?

I thought it was Roy Jones Jr., but I cannot confirm or deny that I am right.

I dont think it was anyone big. It certainly wasnt Roy Jones Jr though...

Saw it... loved it.

I do like Christian Bale but for some reason in this movie he was getting annoyign when he played batman (not when he was bruce wayne). He is TOO stiff and his batman voice gets annoying.

I gotta say not only is Maggie Gyllenhaal a HUGH downgrade from Katie Holmes but she is butt ugly and cant act.

Still movie of year hands down

Let's get one thing straight, BatNerds...there hasn't nor will there ever be a greater movie than "The Wrath of Khan". They should've stopped making movies after that masterpiece. :wacko:

your thoughts make you a Trek nerd...the consensus will put TDK over any Star Treck movie ever imagined, let alone actually made..

:D x3

I really liked the movie, Ledger was an incredible Joker... never really hated him. Not as evil as he was chaotic... He didn't create the evil just put a little fertilizer on it so to speak.

Bale was OK as Batman he is a bit stiff but I think that has to do with the character. Batman has many layers (especially the Dark Knight version) and I don't think Vale has been allowed to fully develope them yet. (He was much better in Batman Begins because that movie focusd more on his character)

Gyllenhaal is not attractive and did nothing for this movie. Holmes was much better and that is saying alot!

I liked the Dent/Twoface character played by Eckhart, though they were too quick to turn him. Could have fleshed his Twoface role a little more.

All in all two thumbs up!!! Can't wait to see what they do with the DVD!!

BTW when is #3 sceduled to be released??

I really liked the movie, Ledger was an incredible Joker... never really hated him. Not as evil as he was chaotic... He didn't create the evil just put a little fertilizer on it so to speak.

Bale was OK as Batman he is a bit stiff but I think that has to do with the character. Batman has many layers (especially the Dark Knight version) and I don't think Vale has been allowed to fully develope them yet. (He was much better in Batman Begins because that movie focusd more on his character)

Gyllenhaal is not attractive and did nothing for this movie. Holmes was much better and that is saying alot!

I liked the Dent/Twoface character played by Eckhart, though they were too quick to turn him. Could have fleshed his Twoface role a little more.

All in all two thumbs up!!! Can't wait to see what they do with the DVD!!

BTW when is #3 sceduled to be released??

probably 2011.....before the world ends!!! YES!

Saw it... loved it.

I do like Christian Bale but for some reason in this movie he was getting annoyign when he played batman (not when he was bruce wayne). He is TOO stiff and his batman voice gets annoying.

I gotta say not only is Maggie Gyllenhaal a HUGH downgrade from Katie Holmes but she is butt ugly and cant act.

Still movie of year hands down

Katie Holmes is hotter than Maggie, but I think Maggie is the better actress.