[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Dark Knight

godtomsatan

Crispin Glover still has to be able to act....

people said he'd make a great Joker....yeah, looks-wise...but he just can't act...

Precicely what I was thinking. What was that awful movie he did about being some kind of rat master?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a Johnnie Depp movie where he didn't totally become the character he was playing.

Nor have you seen him in too many movies that weren't directed by the genius, Tim Burton.

am I wrong,or did someone list Dane Cook? :wacko:

that guy needs to take a long walk off a short peer...

So you are saying that you didn't like the 1st two Batmans?

I enjoyed the first Batman movies just as much as the rest. There's a reason they're being redone however.

Burton and Schumacher made the movies look like cartoons, with Gotham City looking like a literal circus. Yes, Batman Forever was directed by Schumacher, but Burton was still a producer.

As much as I love going back and watching the original Batman movies, as a Batman comic reader growing up, it is apparent that they simply weren't capturing what the Batman comics were all about. They weren't dark enough.

I would love to see the supporting cast of the old movies in the much darker tone that the new movies have. (Nicholson, DeVitto, Jones, Carey, Kidman).

So, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the first two Batmans. I'm saying they're different, but the way it's being done now is the way it should have been done originally.

Reports have Johnny Depp being offered the Riddler role for a new Batman. I call BS, not that the studio wouldn't be interested in Depp, but that they are anywhere close to casting the new villians. The rumors are simply being floated out there because of the white hot nature of The Dark Knight and any bit of news is worthy of print because the public wants to eat it up at the moment.

Reports have Johnny Depp being offered the Riddler role for a new Batman. I call BS, not that the studio wouldn't be interested in Depp, but that they are anywhere close to casting the new villians. The rumors are simply being floated out there because of the white hot nature of The Dark Knight and any bit of news is worthy of print because the public wants to eat it up at the moment.

good info here...

I don't think the script is even finished...

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/29/gary-o...-knight-sequel/

“I don’t see why not. I mean, they did it with Katie Holmes’ character. I understand that this is a different circumstance, but I think another actor could do the job. I think Heath would want another actor to do the job.” Oldman then took a moment to think about it some more, “Maybe we don’t need the Joker. Because we’ll have The Riddler.”

Very, very rarely does the hype live up to the actual performance. In this case, the movie was better than the hype. I thought that Bale's increasingly raspy voice was perfect for this episode, as Batman's internal struggles became more and more apparent: his wanting to "retire," his reluctance to become a vigilante, etc.

As for Heath Ledger...if he does NOT win the Academy Award, it should be because someone else had an absolutely incredible performance...because this kid played the sh1t out of this role.

Excellent job by him and not because he's dead. It was definitely above average, but not as good as Ironman IMO.

Definitely worth a see, however.

Finally saw it over the weekend. This is my overall impression as well.

I enjoyed the first Batman movies just as much as the rest. There's a reason they're being redone however.

Burton and Schumacher made the movies look like cartoons, with Gotham City looking like a literal circus. Yes, Batman Forever was directed by Schumacher, but Burton was still a producer.

As much as I love going back and watching the original Batman movies, as a Batman comic reader growing up, it is apparent that they simply weren't capturing what the Batman comics were all about. They weren't dark enough.

I would love to see the supporting cast of the old movies in the much darker tone that the new movies have. (Nicholson, DeVitto, Jones, Carey, Kidman).

So, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the first two Batmans. I'm saying they're different, but the way it's being done now is the way it should have been done originally.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Batman is not the sissy Adam West version...Batman is a deep, dark, character, engulfed in inner turmoil (vigilante vs justice) and rage. He is a Dark character, and Bale's portrayal is dead-on!

I wish that I hadn't been exposed to all the hype. Overall, it is a good movie, but it is easily the most overhyped movie in the history of the universe.

I don't see what was so spectacular about it. Bale wasn't very good, which is surprising because he is a good actor. The tough guy voice is comical. He wasn't that "dark" (did you think for a second that he was going to kill or seriously f*ck the Joker up in the interrogation room?) In fact, the movie isn't really all that dark, as is evidenced by those who say that 10 and 11 year olds can see it.

Ledger did a fine job. The Joker was the best part of the movie.

I thought that the Two-Face story line was muddled (as was much of the plot). Maybe that's because I was half asleep when they delved into it. Dent morphs into two Face in about 12 seconds of movie time.

The second half of the movie dragged on. The cell phone bit was silly.

Was it a good movie? Yes. Was it worth my entertainment dollar? Yes. Was it the best movie of all time or a masterpiece. No.

I wish that I hadn't been exposed to all the hype. Overall, it is a good movie, but it is easily the most overhyped movie in the history of the universe.

I don't see what was so spectacular about it. Bale wasn't very good, which is surprising because he is a good actor. The tough guy voice is comical. He wasn't that "dark" (did you think for a second that he was going to kill or seriously f*ck the Joker up in the interrogation room?) In fact, the movie isn't really all that dark, as is evidenced by those who say that 10 and 11 year olds can see it.

Ledger did a fine job. The Joker was the best part of the movie.

I thought that the Two-Face story line was muddled (as was much of the plot). Maybe that's because I was half asleep when they delved into it. Dent morphs into two Face in about 12 seconds of movie time.

The second half of the movie dragged on. The cell phone bit was silly.

Was it a good movie? Yes. Was it worth my entertainment dollar? Yes. Was it the best movie of all time or a masterpiece. No.

werd- nice to hear some real talk on this flick- the 'Batman" voice was a joke, - I kept thinking...... seriously? I thought it was horrible.

This movie was worth seeing for the Joker.period.