[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it illegal to take a child into a liquor store?

Atlanta Cracker

I don't believe so. On the east coast they have TRUE liquor stores but I always saw children riding along with mom or dad in the cart, but here on the west coast all liquor stores are also convenient stores and you can find one every other block.

In Texas they have drive thru liquor stores so you can leave your kid in the car AND take him into the liquor store at the same time.

lmao I remember seeing those on my drive from NH to San Diego a few years back. Classic stuff. I wish I had a camera at the time.

In Texas they have drive thru liquor stores so you can leave your kid in the car AND take him into the liquor store at the same time.

We have them here too. Now my favorite one was the other day when we were driving through a little town called Waycross in South GA. There is a drive through liquor store on the side of HWY 82, a pregnant girl just emerged from the drive thorugh lane, on foot, with a brown bottle and a cigarette hanging out of her mouth... so, my question is, is they sold her liquor, why shouldn't a born child be allowed in a liquor store. Same trip, there is a drive through at the Berrien and Tift county border called the whisky barrel, I think, some dude had what had to have been his momma on the back of his motrcycle with him and they turned into the drive through liquor store... She was hawt...

Edited by SEC=UGA

In Wisconsin, minors are legally allowed to drink in bars if they are with a parent - although the bar/restaurant owner is under no obligation to serve them.

However, a minor who is drunk while not around their parent (i.e., got hammered with Moms and Pops and went elsewhere but is not drinking at this point in time) can still get a "minor in possession" ticket.

As far as bringing a kid into a liquor store, I had some slim options a few weeks ago and took my 10-month old daughter; while checking out with kid in one arm and box of tequila, gin, triple sec, etc in the other, I said I felt like the parent of the year. The cashier told me "aw, don't worry about it, TONS of people do it." Yay.

We have them here too. Now my favorite one was the other day when we were driving through a little town called Waycross in South GA. There is a drive through liquor store on the side of HWY 82, a pregnant girl just emerged from the drive thorugh lane, on foot, with a brown bottle and a cigarette hanging out of her mouth... so, my question is, is they sold her liquor, why shouldn't a born child be allowed in a liquor store. Same trip, there is a drive through at the Berrien and Tift county border called the whisky barrel, I think, some dude had what had to have been his momma on the back of his motrcycle with him and they turned into the drive through liquor store... She was hawt...

Refer her to Concerted Services

Cool. So it looks like I can take my son with me to pick up a fresh keg for the keggerator after we hit the zoo downtown this Saturday!

Maybe you should get liquored up before you go to the zoo like those kids that got attacked by the Tiger in SF.... Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic.

Virginny has state run liquor stores and is considered a fundamental part of the Bible Belt (unless we're talking horse racing or lottery, then we screw God over and allow gambling because it makes our State money) and everytime I go to the ABC store, there are parents with children in them.

They can accompany an adult, but they are not allowed to carry anything, especially out the door.

Absolutely true

Cool. So it looks like I can take my son with me to pick up a fresh keg for the keggerator after we hit the zoo downtown this Saturday!

Yep, I see kids with their parents every day in liquor stores.