Sign in to follow this  
Courtjester

Game 6 thoughts

Well, I just thought I would write in here with some thoughts on game 6 before Detroit fans accused me of disappearing.

Detroit simply out-hit, out shot and out played

us.

Roy's little screw up really was not a factor when your team can't even seem to put the puck on goal more than 4 times a period.

Hartley's B/S attempt to get some kind of technical edge really was unnecessary. I don't want to win this "great series" on something like that. I know a win is a win is a win, but he really kind of made it seem like he lacked confidence in his team to pull that crap.

ALL THAT BEING SAID--I don't mind losing tonight

(yeah right--I am drunk now), but Lord here is my prayer--Grant me this one wish oh God!! I am a patient man. I don't cheat on my taxes or my wife. I love my daughter. I don't drink more than 12 beers a night. I work hard and don't call in sick more than twice a month. But Lord, please let the ESPN announcers contact a rare case of mouth disease-- perhaps Thrush or maybe someone will give them a case of food poisoning which will render them unable to call Game 7.

I HATE THEM--whichever team is winning is THE TEAM

and is going to take it all. All I heard tonight was Detroit this...Team of Destiny that....Bowman is a Master...UUUGGGHHHHHH!~!!!!!! Call it down the line--be objective or F/N let me call this thing. Please let their hair pieces get mange.

Please let Clemente get assaulted by a flying Octopus. Grant me Lord these wishes....

(Foos--your fate is in the balance on Friday) lol

Courtjester:

But Lord, please let the ESPN announcers contact a rare case of mouth disease-- perhaps Thrush or maybe someone will give them a case of food poisoning which will render them unable to call Game 7.

I HATE THEM--whichever team is winning is THE TEAM

and is going to take it all. All I heard tonight was Detroit this...Team of Destiny that....Bowman is a Master...UUUGGGHHHHHH!~!!!!!! Call it down the line--be objective or F/N let me call this thing. Please let their hair pieces get mange.

Please let Clemente get assaulted by a flying Octopus.  Grant me Lord these wishes....

:D GB CBC (even with Kelly Hrudey)

Hartley made a bonehead decision on that challenge. It's a one goal game with 3 minutes left in the second. Your power play has done fairly well in this series and you have the chance to steal the momentum with a late period goal to tie it. How can you make that call without knowing for sure that Hasek's stick was illegal???

It was 2-0 at that point, and it's easy to criticize decisions in hindsight- if it had worked and they had scored to only trail by one going into the third everyone would say 'what a great call'.

With Hinote, Tanguay, Yelle, and Keane out, the Hershey Bears were getting way too much ice-time tonight. But as usual, the road-team played much better.

it was 2-0 and hartley was obviously trying to rattle the shut out pitching dominator. bush league by all stretches, and making it worse, he f'd up a power play. what a stupid challenge. you need to be 100% sure you'll get the call. bush.

chiefs:

It was 2-0 at that point, and it's easy to criticize decisions in hindsight-

My bad on the score, but I'll stand on the bad decision. You never never make that call unless you are 100% sure you're right.

Well, the Wings played last night like champions & the Avs haven't shown that they learned anything from the 7 game loses in the conference finals to Dallas in recent years. Detroit with great heart, fire, & a chip on its shoulder and the Avs played like scared wimps. We need to get our attitude back fast.

As to the stick check, I understand that it was an act of desperation on Hartley's part because his team was being outplayed so badly, but that was flat out weak & stupid. I'm extremely disappointed in the attempt - not that he gives a rat's ass what I think.

BTW, lofl at the announcers. I loved it when they were assessing Yelle's injury. "Uh, well, the way his leg went up under him when he fell it could be a knee injury, an ankle, a muscle, a groin injury...what, huh? It's a strained neck. How could that have happened?" YELLE GOT SUCKER PUNCHED WHILE HIS HEAD WAS DOWN, YOU DUMB M'F'ERS! WATCH THE F'N REPLAYS! YOU KNOW, THE ONES THAT HAVE THE REF STANDING 5 FEET AWAY WATCHING THE WHOLE THING. HIS HEAD SNAPPED BACK LIKE HE WAS WHIPLASHED!. Christ, those guys are idiots.

Now that I have sobered up this morning, I still

have something else I want to b*tch about that I forgot to mention last night.

Why is the game on Friday??

It seems that the series has been Monday, Wed and

then Sat--so that ABC can carry the game in the afternoon. This is GAME 7--a ratings bonanza and it is on at 5:00 here--most of us are not even home from work yet!!! This is the kind of thing that stop hockey from becoming a viable contender in the sportsworld as far as cultivating a larger

fan-base.

Courtjester:

Now that I have sobered up this morning, I still

have something else I want to b*tch about that I forgot to mention last night.

Why is the game on Friday??

It seems that the series has been Monday, Wed and

then Sat--so that ABC can carry the game in the afternoon. This is GAME 7--a ratings bonanza and it is on at 5:00 here--most of us are not even home from work yet!!! This is the kind of thing that stop hockey from becoming a viable contender in the sportsworld as far as cultivating a larger

fan-base.

i couldn't agree with you more. it will be on at 4:00PM here on the left coast... way to get the other western conference team's fans to watch the game.

Got reminded by the wife that we have to go to a wedding on Friday night.

:D angry :rolleyes:

Who the fruck has a wedding on a Friday night anyway????

Dear Chris Chelios:

When Scotty Platehead gave his rousing between periods speech about taking the Avs hearts and balls he was speeking metaphorically. In the future please do not take his speeches so literally.

Signed

Peter Forsberg's scrotum

Ditkaless Wonders:

Dear Mark Chelios:

When Plate Head gave his rousing between periods speech about taking the Avs hearts and balls he was speeking metaphorically.  In the future please do not take his speeches so literally.

Signed

Peter Forsberg's scotum

lol lol Great one !! lol lol

Guest Azazello13

avs were FLAT last night. as flat as in game 3. they had great jump the first 5 minutes, and after that it looked like they were just going through the motions. they can go through the motions and beat a lot of teams, but not detroit. shows they still lack that killer instinct...but one instinct they've shown they DON'T lack is self-preservation. don't expect a similar effort in game 7.

now about thorne and clement...they're really starting to wear on my nerves as well. they keep going ON and ON about how detroit is "dominating" play because they've had more shots and more time in the avs zone. excuse me, but which team has been in the lead for 80% of this series? oh, the team that's getting "dominated", huh? gotcha. they're showing a total lack of hockey savvy by putting so much faith into shots on goal, and they're failing to recognize how the difference in game plan between the two teams is leading to that. the avs are NOT playing a puck control style...they're sitting back defensively and picking their spots to try and break out in transition. they're not trying to generate chances by cycling the puck in detroit's zone, they're trying to generate them by building speed through the neutral zone. i personally think they're committing to that game plan a little TOO much, but that's clearly what they're doing and it's won them 3 games in the series so far.

shots on goal are a somewhat telling stat, but not what everyone makes them out to be... for example, a shot hitting the post is not a "shot on goal"?? The Wings have been controlling the tempo of the games I have watched, especially last night. expect more of the same in motown.

I just hope that the beter team wins. We've had 4 close games and 2 games that Detroit dominated. Colorado is fortunate to have won 3 or the 4 tight ones. Game 5 with Shanahan missing the open net is why Colorado is still playing a game 7. I think Colorado has been pusing their luck, butit's made things interesting, that's for sure.

Voltaire:

I just hope that the beter team wins. We've had 4 close games and 2 games that Detroit dominated. Colorado is fortunate to have won 3 or the 4 tight ones. Game 5 with Shanahan missing the open net is why Colorado is still playing a game 7. I think Colorado has been pusing their luck, butit's made things interesting, that's for sure.

HUH !!! Did I miss something?? No offense, but to

make the above statements is asinine. I could

easily go down through each game and say "Well

if Sakic had just scored on that breakaway." or "If Roy hadn't made that dumbass move

there."

We have hit the post on shots too and this

thing could have just as easily gone Colorado's

way.

Again I am not trying to be rude to you, but I am

just sick of the ESPN/FOX/etc. etc. etc announcers

talking about how good Detroit is and how they have dominated this series. If they domintated this whole series, WHY IS IT NOT OVER??

The answer is simple, you can have the shots on goal lead, the save lead, the whatever lead and it just doesn't matter. Because Hockey, like the majority of all other sports, boils down to one thing and that is the FINAL SCORE. (oversimplification I know).

The Av's are here because they have played just as well as Detroit and have won 3 games. You don't

get a bonus point for having the most shots or most hits or getting the luck of the bounce.

Sorry, I guess I just have a burr under my saddle after having to listen to talk radio on the way to work this morning and the sports guys going on and on about about the greatness of Detroit and how lucky Colorado is to be here. I really hope it is a good game--so few of the major sports events, that are this hyped, live up to their billing and I think as passionate as both these cities have been, we really deserve this.

That being said, I wouldn't bet a dime on this game tonight.