[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Johnson

Ran into this along with news on Thomas Davis today so I figured I'd throw it up here.

Offseason reports had Derrick Johnson lining up at weakside linebacker this season and that’s exactly where he stood Friday with the first-team defense. Donnie Edwards took Johnson’s old position a few yards to the left, with Napoleon Harris rounding out the starting linebackers.

http://oak.scout.com/a.z?s=66&p=2&c=772295

Johnson at the SAM was a solid LB2-LB3. I figure he's easily a solid LB2 if he sticks to the weak side. Likely won't see a monster jump for his as I think KC regularly does the left side-right side designation rather than full time WILL and SAM but I still think the guy gets a few more free looks at making plays.

Not sure if you can call Harris' hold on the MIKE job solid but Donnie Edwards hasn't run him over yet. If Edwards sticks to the left side (strong side) and he rotates with Demorrio Williams, I think you have to remove him as a startable LB. Mind you, I think the Napoleon Harris will lose his job eventually. JMO though. :wacko:

To me, Johnson is the only prototypical SAM on the team. Demo and Edwards are best suited to the weak side, I agree.

However, Johnson lined up at WILL in all of OTAs as well as all of TC thus far. May or may not be permanent but I think that's an awful lot of time to spend on the weak side just to try it out.

Wow, they paid Landon Johnson a boat-load of money to come in as a 2nd teamer. :wacko:

I've got him for another year in Fusion, so I hope he wins some significant playing time, but it's not looking too good early on.

Wow, they paid Landon Johnson a boat-load of money to come in as a 2nd teamer. :D

I've got him for another year in Fusion, so I hope he wins some significant playing time, but it's not looking too good early on.

They did not pay him anything but CAR did :wacko: I own him in 2 leagues and from the Davis news looks like his value just took a hit if he does indeed play the SLB spot. I also have Davis in 2 leagues so I guess it's a wash.