[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody play college leagues?

Swampnuts

I've been thinking of starting up a college league. My only worry is that having such a hugh number of players available will make it a nightmare. Anybody have any experiences with college fantasy leagues?

never done it but I would like to. I have heard it is best to just use the preseaon top 25 and then 20 other random players or something along that format.

I'm trying to do some more research it, but if I can get 10 committed guys I'll give it a go. Sportsline does a free 10 team league with a live draft option. I'll shoot you a pm once all the guys in my local respond back about their invites.

I've been wanting to do this for quite some time, but, never get the time to research it. I would absolutely LOVE to get into a college league.

I was contemplating a college spread pick 'em league. Not a fantasy league. I have an ethical problem with the kids not getting paid for me to be playing games with their individual production......PM me if interested. :wacko:

Any more word on this ? If we come up short on numbers, I have a couple of buddies that I think would be interested. Unfortunately, I'm pretty booked and won't have time to commish this. However, I'm really hoping this gets off the ground.

I've got 3 guys only on my end. I really thought the guys from my local would be into this, but most of em had zero interest. If I can get 6 huddlers to commit, I say lets do it. I won't do a free league though, so it's probably going to be $25 or $50. Either confirm on the thread or shoot me a pm.

1. Swamp- Confirmed

2. Howard- Confirmed

3. Dimebag- Confirmed

4. Alsbury- Confirmed

5. Darin- Confirmed

6. Menudo- Confirmed

7. Zia- Confirmed

8. Polk?

Edited by Swampnuts

I've got 3 guys only on my end. I really thought the guys from my local would be into this, but most of em had zero interest. If I can get 6 huddlers to commit, I say lets do it. I won't do a free league though, so it's probably going to be $25 or $50. Either confirm on the thread or shoot me a pm.

1. Swamp- Confirmed

2. Howard- Confirmed

3. Dimebag- Confirmed

4. Alsbury- Confirmed

5. Darin?

6. Wolf?

7. Zia?

8. Polk?

9. Menudo?

I'm in

I'm in

Hell yeah...I just started a college league at my work with all fellas I work with. I've been thinking about doing it for quite some time but this year we pulled the trigger. It should be interesting fo sho! :wacko:

I'm in but would prefer a lower entry fee. I told myself "no more leagues" this off-season, and ended up adding two... three if you count this one.

I'd love for us to hammer out the details ASAP so I can start researching.

Edit: Details such as... is this going to be a draft-and-hold league? Or will we be allowed free agents? Is there a website that can host this?

Edited by darin3

This would be through CBS Sportsline. It's an online draft with traditional scoring. (6pts TD, 1pt for every 10yds). Waivers process on either Tuesday or Wednesday I believe. It's one of their free sites, so it was pretty basic.

This seems to be a pretty good hosting site:

:links:

There but I'd like a 10 dolla or so entry. I am spending way too much these days.

I suggested via PM to Swamp that we go with $25. Still fairly financially managable, but gives everyone something to play for.