[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody play college leagues?

Swampnuts

I've got 3 guys only on my end. I really thought the guys from my local would be into this, but most of em had zero interest. If I can get 6 huddlers to commit, I say lets do it. I won't do a free league though, so it's probably going to be $25 or $50. Either confirm on the thread or shoot me a pm.

1. Darin- Confirmed

2. Menudo- Confirmed

3. Zia- Confirmed

4. Polk?

Just got a PM from Swamp that he is going to have to pass on this league this year. I will still work to get this thing off the ground and maybe even commish or help at least. I can get probably 2-3 off line guys if needed. What about the rest of you. Still interested and if so do youhave anyone else in mind that might wanbt to play.

Just got a PM from Swamp that he is going to have to pass on this league this year. I will still work to get this thing off the ground and maybe even commish or help at least. I can get probably 2-3 off line guys if needed. What about the rest of you. Still interested and if so do youhave anyone else in mind that might wanbt to play.

I'm in, and there are a few friends of mine with Huddle accounts that would likely want in. I simply do not have time to commish or co-commish (sorry), but, would love to try out a college league.

I'm in, and there are a few friends of mine with Huddle accounts that would likely want in. I simply do not have time to commish or co-commish (sorry), but, would love to try out a college league.

How many do you think you might have?

Hell yeah...I just started a college league at my work with all fellas I work with. I've been thinking about doing it for quite some time but this year we pulled the trigger. It should be interesting fo sho! :wacko:

There but I'd like a 10 dolla or so entry. I am spending way too much these days.

I'd like to be in

Are you fellas still 'in' or waiting to see how things shake out?

• 3 months later...

Bumping this because there seems to be more traffic here right now. I am "supposed" to be cutting leagues, but a college league is something I have been wanting to do for a long time. It seems to me that NFL leagues are much easier to do good in now because pretty much every one has the info available to them, so not a ton of reearch and keeping up with things is required. I think a college league would present a bigger challenge. I have been thinking on some stuff the past few days that would make a league interesting, such as having a ranking system that uses coaches poll (each team ranks the teams), a media poll, (having a dedicated 5-6 people ranking the teams each week), and a computer ranking (using a spreadsheet formula similar to what NCAA uses). Also because I know a lot of people are more passionate about their college teams maybe letting each team declare X number of their players from their homer team as keepers. I am thinking it would run as a dynasty type so you keep your players until they graduate or leave early. Probably not IDP, though just team D. I would volunteer to commish it myself, just because I really want to get something going for next year. What do you guys think? Also for anyone that wouldn't want to do it, why not? Just trying to figure out where the hurdles are.

you had me at rankings...can we use the ranking to determine the champ? maybe we could cause more controversey :D

I dont know much about indiviual college players so i should be easy money. As for the rankings, im sure huddlers would be unbiased in thier opinions :wacko:

I'm not interested in a league with any kind of rankings system. I'm interested in a league that is setup just like NFL Fantasy Leagues (2/3/4 divisions playing head to head and then playoffs), but, choosing from a college football pool of players (Entire D1, BCS Conferences, whatever).

I'm not interested in a league with any kind of rankings system. I'm interested in a league that is setup just like NFL Fantasy Leagues (2/3/4 divisions playing head to head and then playoffs), but, choosing from a college football pool of players (Entire D1, BCS Conferences, whatever).

I was just throwing that out there to see if that might gain a little more interest. If we could ever get enough people on board we can hash out all of the specifics then.

The league I was in was a head to head to league, but i was caught off guard a bit in the playoffs.......There were 10 teams, 2 divisions, 5 teams in each, and three teams from 1 division made it to "the playoffs" and 1 from the other, I thought it was going to be the top 2 in each division, the league I was in was a freebie on Sportsline and 8 of the 10 members were very active and kept current rosters.

Edit: I won the final game (NC) over the 2nd place team in my league was in my division as well and he had slamming superman Sammy and I beat his arse 180-80, too bad Sammy was on a bye for that week.............but in defense Chase Clemnet my QB was on a bye as well.

Try it next year, its free and it was a blast.

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

what if we kept it a traditional fantasy football format, but still had the ranking scheme Z suggested to maybe give the number 1 ranked team at the end of the season there league fee back...or something along those lines.

but count me in, im a straight sucker for anything new...almost anything, NTTAWWT :wacko:

I played college fantasy for the first time this year. It was through sportsline, and it is WAY better than pro football fantasy. If I can find a money league next year count me in. I went 12-0 and won the championship game, so many more players so its a crap shoot every week, mostly at WR.

I also was in a college league for the first time this year. I commished an 8-team league at my work (hosted at u-sports) and college fantasy football is friggin awesome! Its' wild with IMO, much more strategy involved. My league was a $200 entry fee but next year will go to $100 but also has a "homer" element involved (each team has to represent a school and must start their team def, team kicker and one additional player from the homer school each week the school plays) but then the rest of the lineup was filled out by your choice of players from the BCS conferences + Notre Dame. We had a playoff format--no rankings. It was one of the most fun and enjoyable seasons I ever had in FF and I actually won the league representing....Rutgers! LOL.

Edited by Trojanmojo

I also was in a college league for the first time this year. I commished an 8-team league at my work (hosted at u-sports) and college fantasy football is friggin awesome! Its' wild with IMO, much more strategy involved. My league was a $200 entry fee but next year will go to $100 but also has a "homer" element involved (each team has to represent a school and must start their team def, team kicker and one additional player from the homer school each week the school plays) but then the rest of the lineup was filled out by your choice of players from the BCS conferences + Notre Dame. We had a playoff format--no rankings. It was one of the most fun and enjoyable seasons I ever had in FF and I actually won the league representing....Rutgers! LOL.

That format sounds awesome !!!

well it looks to be about 5 guys that have said yes...would think that would be enough to to get the ball rolling on rules and such. Still along way from kickoff next year, im sure we could round up more people between now an then.

well it looks to be about 5 guys that have said yes...would think that would be enough to to get the ball rolling on rules and such. Still along way from kickoff next year, im sure we could round up more people between now an then.

And the cool thing with this really, is that there are almost zero limits in how many teams can play.