[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blitz Expert League Draft

Almost took Kevin Williams last pick over LeRoy but glad I waited as he slid to my next pick.

DT: Kevin Williams

DE: Will Smith, Leonard Little

LB: Urlacher, Ray Ray, MPeterson, ZachThomas, LHill

CB: Tillman, CGriffin

If I was drafting,

First I wouldnt have made that trade.

1.5 - - David Harris

2.12 - Lance Briggs

3.5 - Antonio Pierce

4.12 - Terrell Suggs

5.5 - - Will Smith - so you got good value at 6.5

6.12 - Julian Peterson is nice value here, but Id have to see what other LB was available to really comment at this selection.

7.5 - Robert Mathis

8.12 -

No way I pass on Robert Mathis for Leornard Little. Mathis had a down yr, because of injury. Little has had 3-4 down years because of age.

You can pick CB off the WW in IDP leagues, so no way I burn a pick higher than mid teens on one. Plenty of safeties as well.

Since it's a redraft, I like it... and Urlacher would have been my pick too. I'm not sure about Ray-Ray, but with the Bears and Ravens offenses, both players should see a lot of snaps.

With Favre, even as a Jets homer, I'm not sure Harris will repeat the kind of numbers he put up last year. The Jets may be defending the pass more than last year, IF Favre makes and impact. Not high on Will Smith, but at 5.5, great value. I think Zack wants to make a statement and will have a beastly year... maybe his last year as a true stud. The guy has a chip on his shoulder.

Surprised to see Tapp go so high... he has competition this year and again, may be in a rotation.Like the Little pik... I think he is due for one more good year.

This is definitely the Geritol team, but smart thinking in a redraft... proven studs that will put up numbers. Nice job Keg!

Since it's a redraft, I like it... and Urlacher would have been my pick too. I'm not sure about Ray-Ray, but with the Bears and Ravens offenses, both players should see a lot of snaps.

With Favre, even as a Jets homer, I'm not sure Harris will repeat the kind of numbers he put up last year. The Jets may be defending the pass more than last year, IF Favre makes and impact. Not high on Will Smith, but at 5.5, great value. I think Zack wants to make a statement and will have a beastly year... maybe his last year as a true stud. The guy has a chip on his shoulder.

Surprised to see Tapp go so high... he has competition this year and again, may be in a rotation.Like the Little pik... I think he is due for one more good year.

This is definitely the Geritol team, but smart thinking in a redraft... proven studs that will put up numbers. Nice job Keg!

I thought it would be hard for Harris to repeat his numbers even if Favre wasn't there and when Favre signed it made it easy for me to bump him down some....I am higher on Will Smith and Little then most probably are....and yeah Geritol would be a good team name

Team so far(just a few picks left)

DT: Kevin WIlliams, Marcus Stroud

DE: Will Smith, Leonard Little, Mark Anderson

LB: Urlacher, Ray Ray, Mike Peterson, Zach Thomas, LeRoy Hill, Gerris Wilkinson

CB: Charles Tillman, Cedric Griffin

S:Brian Williams(he is being changed from CB to S*), Deon Grant, ABethea, Madieu WIlliams(hoping the injury isnt to severe and he can come back and help down the road)

* I should say that I drafted him expecting him to have his designation changed to S

Edited by keggerz

WOW... I am Blitz1 and I am shocked at some of these draft selections.

Is this your 1st year in Blitz 1? If not I expect a full breakdown with your thoughts on this draft since

you have some experience with this format :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Last year was my first... and trust me I am in no ways an expert... :wacko:

Good luck in your Blitz league ...I am going to unpin this now but will try to keep people abreast if they are interested...

and AmericanMoose feel free to stop in and let us know how you are doing and how you like the format after being

in it for a 2nd year.

• 3 months later...
I thought it would be hard for Harris to repeat his numbers even if Favre wasn't there and when Favre signed it made it easy for me to bump him down some....I am higher on Will Smith and Little then most probably are....and yeah Geritol would be a good team name

Team so far(just a few picks left)

DT: Kevin WIlliams, Marcus Stroud

DE: Will Smith, Leonard Little, Mark Anderson

LB: Urlacher, Ray Ray, Mike Peterson, Zach Thomas, LeRoy Hill, Gerris Wilkinson

CB: Charles Tillman, Cedric Griffin

S:Brian Williams(he is being changed from CB to S*), Deon Grant, ABethea, Madieu WIlliams(hoping the injury isnt to severe and he can come back and help down the road)

* I should say that I drafted him expecting him to have his designation changed to S

i started a new thread with an update on the league but thought I would plug in where players finished in rankings within their positions:

(Not in draft order)1st number is ranking/next number is what number he was drafted in his position

Kevin Williams: 2nd/11th DT taken

Marcus Stroud:28th/24th

Will Smith: 21st/18th

Leonard Little: 67th/21st

Mark Anderson: 101st/42nd

Urlacher: 31st (his poor week 16 hurt bad)/4th

Ray Ray: 16th/20th

Mike Peterson: 65th/25th

Zach Thomas: 46th (his poor week 16 hurt bad too)/37th

LeRoy Hill: 53rd/69th (thru week 11 he was averaging 16.1 ppg which would have made him top 20 but then he got hurt :wacko: )

Gerris Wilkinson:185th/75th

Tillman: 3rd/6th

CedGriffin: 5th/13th

Brian Williams: 18th/34th (as a listed safety but his numbers took a big hit when he was moved back to corner)

Deon Grant:33rd/37th

Madieu Williams:73rd/47th(but missed the 1st half of the season which i expected..he did avg 10.25 in the 8 games he played in and he too stunk up the joint in week 16 )

ABethea: 5th/43

Of course this wasnt my final roster but just looking at it from the draft I think I did pretty well...my 2 biggest errors were taking Urlacher over Beason and Little over Mathis...but then again the way Mathis disappeared in week 15 and 16 I am not sure if that would have ended up helping or hurting....Mike Peterson getting benched was something that no one could forsee and prior to that he was a serviceable #3.