[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Roddy/Lendale for Welker

Would you make this deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Below is my roster with potential starters bolded...

Start 1 Qb, 1 Rb, 2 WR, 2 Flex (2 Rbs, 2 WRs or 1 each), 1 TE

Bulger, Marc STL QB - 5

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB - 9

Henne, Chad MIA QB ® - 4

Manning, Eli NYG QB - 4

Barber, Marion DAL RB - 10

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB - 4

Grant, Ryan GBP RB - 8

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB - 4

Smith, Kevin DET RB ® - 4

White, LenDale TEN RB - 6

Franklin, Will KCC WR ® - 6

Gaffney, Jabar NEP WR - 4

Jennings, Greg GBP WR - 8

Porter, Jerry JAC WR - 7

Smith, Marcus BAL WR ® - 10

Walter, Kevin HOU WR - 8

White, Roddy ATL WR - 7

Williams, Roy DET WR - 4

Carlson, John SEA TE ® - 4

Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 10

Brown, Josh STL PK - 5

Bears, Chicago CHI Def - 8

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def

Sure, why not

Preseason trades IMO are a toss up

but anyway your main starters at RB are going to be MBIII and Grant anyway

so you will be definatly be getting an upgrade with either Johnson or Welker

Tough one. In essence you're trading 2 usual bench guys for a definite starter yes? From that perspective it's worth making. Especially as you have a handcuff for the often injured Jacobs. Kevin Smith should be a fine bye week plug in for you instead of Lendale too. Not sure which one I'd want though. CJ will probably put up his usual 90 catches 1300 yards 8 TDs which he does despite everything going on around him pretty much year in year out. Welker has a higher upside but I think will not repeat his 2007 showing but he has the age advantage. I would probably go with CJ myself. If Derrick Ward's available I'd be tempted to add him in the space on your roster too. Having both possible handcuffs to Jacobs would be a great idea if you let go of LenDale.

I'm not seeing that in the rankings myself. Chad Johnson would be the #1 or #2 WR on Primetime's team (depending on how well Greg Jennings does this year) I like Roy Williams' chances this year a lot too but You can pretty much bank on Johnson to be an every week starter and give you 90/1300/8TD. I can't say the same about White or Welker though both are capable of it if things fall into place for them. Looks like CJ is playing for a contract this season too. I dunno, I'm just surprised they're that close to each other in the huddle rankings. I understand why they're low on CJ but he's pulled this crap before and still put up the numbers.

I'm not seeing that in the rankings myself. Chad Johnson would be the #1 or #2 WR on Primetime's team (depending on how well Greg Jennings does this year) I like Roy Williams' chances this year a lot too but You can pretty much bank on Johnson to be an every week starter and give you 90/1300/8TD. I can't say the same about White or Welker though both are capable of it if things fall into place for them. Looks like CJ is playing for a contract this season too. I dunno, I'm just surprised they're that close to each other in the huddle rankings. I understand why they're low on CJ but he's pulled this crap before and still put up the numbers.

The Housz man will get a lot of looks. CJ can go off but is not consistant.

The Housz man will get a lot of looks. CJ can go off but is not consistant.

Not week to week that is true. Season to season he is though. I've had him a few times in a redraft league. He's won me some games by himself for sure but yes disappointed other weeks. I still feel he's a better option than Welker or Roddy White for this season. My only thing to say regarding whether you do the trade or not is that backups don't score you points. If you feel your depth if you lose White/White is still good enough then the trade's a no brainer to me.

I don't think you can make a compelling argument for why Welker will be hands down better than White. I actually think White will be nice this year. If I had my pick between the 3, I'd go Ocho, then it would really be a toss up with the other two. But like it was mentioned, not a big enough upgrade to justify the RB part of the deal.