[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Ya Liking Manny Now Dodgers Fans?

Czarina

• 1 month later...
I think Manny is a big upgrade over all bolded and in a full season would produce more than Nady. They are going to take a long hard look at Manny Slayer, Mark my words.

:wacko:

According to the New York Post, the Yankees may target outfielder Manny Ramirez despite saying they would like to get younger and more athletic. GM Brian Cashman said the top priority is starting pitching, but he didn't rule out going after a corner outfielder.

The Yankees plan to target CC Sabathia and Derek Lowe, but plan to talk with other pitchers like Ryan Dempster if the Yankees miss out on their top targets.

They will likely let Bobby Abreu walk, so that opens up a lot of money to spend elsewhere. Signing Ramirez is a huge risk, but it would do wonders for marketing and jersey sales and may be worth a two or three year deal. The Yankees would be smart to invest in someone young, perhaps Jeremy Hermida, instead of wasting money on someone like Ramirez.

This story was approved by MLB Rumors.

:wacko:

According to the New York Post, the Yankees may target outfielder Manny Ramirez despite saying they would like to get younger and more athletic. GM Brian Cashman said the top priority is starting pitching, but he didn't rule out going after a corner outfielder.

The Yankees plan to target CC Sabathia and Derek Lowe, but plan to talk with other pitchers like Ryan Dempster if the Yankees miss out on their top targets.

They will likely let Bobby Abreu walk, so that opens up a lot of money to spend elsewhere. Signing Ramirez is a huge risk, but it would do wonders for marketing and jersey sales and may be worth a two or three year deal. The Yankees would be smart to invest in someone young, perhaps Jeremy Hermida, instead of wasting money on someone like Ramirez.

This story was approved by MLB Rumors.

I thought I heard something on the radio (Phoenix) the other day saying that the Dodgers were going to offer - or did offer - Manny 2 years / $60M