[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

...bad craziness man....

Chavez

OK, so I was loaded (well, maybe not loaded, but fairly set) at WR in my main league (standard perf, 6 man keeper) last year.

I have come to the conclusion the Chad Johnson just doesn't come through for me in crunch time (which has nothing to do with anything), so I was going to swap him for Dwayne Bowe and a 3rd round pick. I also have Marques Colston, so I'm only looking for a WR2.

Basically, I like Bowe's upside and am sort of tired of the whole CJ schtick. Am I crazy?

So, what pick would you be giving up in the deal to balance things out? It it is the eqivalent of getting Bowe and a 3rd round pick for Chad Johnson and your last round pick, that is a no-brainer in your favor.

I don't give up a pick - CJ for Dwayne Bowe and a 3rd (remember, 6 players are kept, so it's more like a 9th).

OK, so I was loaded (well, maybe not loaded, but fairly set) at WR in my main league (standard perf, 6 man keeper) last year.

I have come to the conclusion the Chad Johnson just doesn't come through for me in crunch time (which has nothing to do with anything), so I was going to swap him for Dwayne Bowe and a 3rd round pick. I also have Marques Colston, so I'm only looking for a WR2.

Basically, I like Bowe's upside and am sort of tired of the whole CJ schtick. Am I crazy?

if each team keeps 6 players, pickins might be kinda slim. i wouldn't mind cj as my #2

I'd agree that CJ can seem to be a frustrating/inconsistent FF player to own, so frankly, I think the suggested deal is not unreasonable - that said, I'd have to think my opinion of CJ's true FF value might be in the minority, so would hope that (as others have suggested) you might be able to do a bit better on the open market than what's on the table. Then again, it might be enough of a return on the CJ investment for you just to get his frustrating butt off your roster - except on the 2 weeks every year where he turns in that 9/178/3 performance, LOL.

Edited by ts

Actually, considering that the rookies are in the pool, you can usually find some good players floating around in the draft in that league. Especially at WR/TE, since a few of the guys are RB hoo-ers.

A 9th round pick is essentially a long shot, keeker, defense or backup. You're not getting nearly enough for CJ. I'd give you more.

I'm not so sure I'd trade him for Bowe. The Chiefs are gonna be real bad this year. And Bowe is really the only legitimate WR for the Chiefs this year. Too many question marks this year for me.

i think bowe has a lot of talent, but really have a hard time committing to any of kc's offensive players this year... i may be in the minority, but i think cin rebounds this year and cj benefits... plus i think that if he performs well, he'll either get the renegotiation he wants or traded ala rod tidwell.

i think you either hold him or trade for more.

Edited by Bier Meister

Obviously I was posting to because I couldn't really wrap my head around it.

I've come to a decision:

- I LOVE Bowe's talent and upside...but not his situation; all things being equal his youth would be a factor, but all things aren't equal

- CJ's age is what, still shy of 30? At least 4-5 good years left, barring injury

- Re: Bowe's situation; he produced last year in the same spot; LJ should rebound, and Gonzo is the receiving threat people worry about. I'm not worried about him being blanketed, and Kennison had some nice years in that spot himself...but it's not exactly Palmer throwing to him and TJ Housh.

- I think after his offseason of difficulties, CJ is going to come out and play like his hair's on fire.

Not pulling the trigger on this one.

Obviously I was posting to because I couldn't really wrap my head around it.

I've come to a decision:

- I LOVE Bowe's talent and upside...but not his situation; all things being equal his youth would be a factor, but all things aren't equal

- CJ's age is what, still shy of 30? At least 4-5 good years left, barring injury

- Re: Bowe's situation; he produced last year in the same spot; LJ should rebound, and Gonzo is the receiving threat people worry about. I'm not worried about him being blanketed, and Kennison had some nice years in that spot himself...but it's not exactly Palmer throwing to him and TJ Housh.

- I think after his offseason of difficulties, CJ is going to come out and play like his hair's on fire.

Not pulling the trigger on this one.

I agree with this 100%.