[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dodgers aquire Maddux

HowboutthemCowboys

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN

Honestly, that's good news for the Dbacks. They OWN Maddux - look it up!

Maddux is 2-11 with a 5.29 ERA against the Diamondbacks; in their ballpark - he is 1-7 with a 6.01 ERA. Diamondbacks love it when he's pitching against them.

Honestly, that's good news for the Dbacks. They OWN Maddux - look it up!

Maddux is 2-11 with a 5.29 ERA against the Diamondbacks; in their ballpark - he is 1-7 with a 6.01 ERA. Diamondbacks love it when he's pitching against them.

:wacko: How many of Maddux's start will be against eh DBacks for the rest of the year, and how well does he do against the other 14 NL teams?

:D How many of Maddux's start will be against eh DBacks for the rest of the year, and how well does he do against the other 14 NL teams?

Oops! Guess it doesn't matter who he pitches against. That's not gonna help the Dodgers cause. Maddux has been done for a while now. Hope Torre realizes this soon while they're still "chasing" the Diamondbacks!

Making his Dodgers debut: 5.2IP, 9H, 7ER :wacko:

Edited by Shorttynaz

Oops! Guess it doesn't matter who he pitches against. That's not gonna help the Dodgers cause. Maddux has been done for a while now. Hope Torre realizes this soon while they're still "chasing" the Diamondbacks!

Making his Dodgers debut: 5.2IP, 9H, 7ER :wacko:

Oh - so he's been done for a while? His last four starts before last night he average 6IP and 3ERA. :D

So just wait - there'll be a 90 pitch 8 inning 2ER game coming up.

You do realize that Maddux is the type of guy who will tell the coach to leave him out there if the game has gotten away? It might sound strange but on several occasions in the past few seasons he'll take the pounding to save the bullpen. But things like that are meaningless to guy's who don't understand the game. Like thinking a guy is done after one game but coming off a 3-1 mark with 3ERA average over the last month....

Edited by Pope Flick

Oh - so he's been done for a while? His last four starts before last night he average 6IP and 3ERA. :D

So just wait - there'll be a 90 pitch 8 inning 2ER game coming up.

You do realize that Maddux is the type of guy who will tell the coach to leave him out there if the game has gotten away? It might sound strange but on several occasions in the past few seasons he'll take the pounding to save the bullpen. But things like that are meaningless to guy's who don't understand the game. Like thinking a guy is done after one game but coming off a 3-1 mark with 3ERA average over the last month....

You're right.. 6-10 with a 4.25 ERA is good! :D

And taking a beating to save the bullpen? When you give up 9 runs in 5 innings, well, the manager really doesn't have a choice cause the game's probably already over at that point anyway. :D

I suppose I didnt fully state that I have absolutely nothing against Maddux. He's nothing more than a servicable #4 pitcher @ 6-10 with a 4.25 ERA. For a 42 year old pitcher, those stats aren't bad. Maybe he had bad run support at San Diego, but that park is a pitchers park so yes, the numbers (3-4 with a 2.62 ERA) are going to look better there. This is where your stats of his last 4 (before LA = 6IP and 3ER) starts come in. 3 of those 4 games came in Petco!

So now what? He's not there anymore. His numbers away from Petco?? Dude's 3-6 with a 6.16 ERA. :wacko: That's not that great!! So by my standards, he's done! He doesn't have it anymore. I'm not saying he's not good for he's still better today than half of the starters out there, but in my opinion, he's not going to help the Dodgers at all - and so far his 5.2IP and 7 ER haven't.

Edited by Shorttynaz

You're right.. 6-10 with a 4.25 ERA is good! :D

And taking a beating to save the bullpen? When you give up 9 runs in 5 innings, well, the manager really doesn't have a choice cause the game's probably already over at that point anyway. :D

I suppose I didnt fully state that I have absolutely nothing against Maddux. He's nothing more than a servicable #4 pitcher @ 6-10 with a 4.25 ERA. For a 42 year old pitcher, those stats aren't bad. Maybe he had bad run support at San Diego, but that park is a pitchers park so yes, the numbers (3-4 with a 2.62 ERA) are going to look better there. This is where your stats of his last 4 (before LA = 6IP and 3ER) starts come in. 3 of those 4 games came in Petco!

So now what? He's not there anymore. His numbers away from Petco?? Dude's 3-6 with a 6.16 ERA. :wacko: That's not that great!! So by my standards, he's done! He doesn't have it anymore. I'm not saying he's not good for he's still better today than half of the starters out there, but in my opinion, he's not going to help the Dodgers at all - and so far his 5.2IP and 7 ER haven't.

It's okay - you can just say "you're right, I don't know much about baseball" Really, it's ok shortynaz.

Now where to begin: we can start with Wins/Losses being overrated in some sense because pitcher wins do not necessarily reflect how good he is. If you knew anything about baseball you wouldn't be pointing to 6-10 with a 4.25 ERA and making fun of it. "Why Pope Flick?" you ask? Well, look at his ERA. It's below the league average in BOTH leagues. That's a little better of the indication of how his year is going.

You make fun of the winningest pitcher out there, who's been a model of consistency for 20 years and at age 42 is pitching right under the American and National League average ERA and you think he's done. :D

You make fun of the winningest pitcher out there, who's been a model of consistency for 20 years and at age 42 is pitching right under the American and National League average ERA and you think he's done. :D

I dont recall making fun of anyone. Saying Maddux has man boobs, well that's making fun of him. All I'm saying is his tank is empty. Aquiring Manny - THAT helped the team. Aquiring Maddux - did nothing for them.

Come talk to me after he blows away the "vaunted" Washington National's lineup! Or will they break out the brooms like Philly did? :D

:D

:wacko: Cowboys, if I wanted any more lip from you, I'd check behind Pope Flick's zipper!

Edited by Shorttynaz

HEY! Well what do you know? I'm not trying to play the he-said-she-said game here, but Greg Maddux had a stellar outing last night!! 5.1IP, allowed 9 batters to reach, gave up 4 runs (2 earned). That's a "little" more servicable that the last one, but it's still not great.

And by the way it looks, Colorado is the team in the NL West that wants this division more than the 2 frontrunners. Arizona just got swept by the worst team in the NL, and the Dodgers dont want to challenge them for the top spot either getting beat up by another powerhouse - the Washington Nationals. It's kinda sad when your last 5 games you go 1-4 and still increase your lead in the division by a game.

Oh well.. It's going to be a sad race to the finish.

Edited by Shorttynaz

HEY! Well what do you know? I'm not trying to play the he-said-she-said game here, but Greg Maddux had a stellar outing last night!! 5.1IP, allowed 9 batters to reach, gave up 4 runs (2 earned). That's a "little" more servicable that the last one, but it's still not great.

I never argued that he wasn't a 4th starter at this point in his career and that is a more than respectable stat line. He simply isn't finished. Without wading into the game recap I'm willing to be he labored with high pitches because of the error that led to 2 runs, which is why he only went 5.1.

At this point it's a dead topic.. We'll see how he fares over his last 5 starts of the season. So far it doesn't look like he's helped them at all. Maybe he can put 3 or 4 decent games together and make the trade worthwile.

Both my Dbacks and your Dodgers have to do something. One of these two teams has to start playing like they want to make the postseason. It's all my opinion and maybe a different post all together, but in my opinion if the Dbacks do hang on to this division and make the postseason, it's a whole new ballgame (i.e. St. Louis Cardinals of a few years ago). Best 3 man rotation in baseball - Webb, Haren, Johnson (honestly he's a suprise here)..

Regardless, it should be a fun September.

Edited by Shorttynaz

At this point it's a dead topic.. We'll see how he fares over his last 5 starts of the season. So far it doesn't look like he's helped them at all. Maybe he can put 3 or 4 decent games together and make the trade worthwile.

Both my Dbacks and your Dodgers have to do something. One of these two teams has to start playing like they want to make the postseason. It's all my opinion and maybe a different post all together, but in my opinion if the Dbacks do hang on to this division and make the postseason, it's a whole new ballgame (i.e. St. Louis Cardinals of a few years ago). Best 3 man rotation in baseball - Webb, Haren, Johnson (honestly he's a suprise here)..

Regardless, it should be a fun September.

No - I'm a Cubs fan transplanted to LA. I hate the Dodgers. Maddux is a true gamer though, and I've seen him pitch quite a few times. I'm fans of those type of players, whether or not their career began on my favorite team - unless they're a Cardinal.